Practice Makes Perfect! (Well, sometimes you need some talent too!) In Stone Fox, we read "When there is a will, there is a way!". Do you agree with it? Is there something you really want to achieve? How would you work toward accomplishing it? The performer Wei-lang Lin you are about to see in this short film is 18 now and he started practicing Chinese Yo-yo when he was a 5th grader ( your age ). Behind his almost perfect performance that won him the championship, there are thousands of hours of practice. Whether you want to be the greatest soccer player, the best pianist, a mathematician, or a doctor, there is no shortcut to success!
Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

20 comments:
Nice video you posted Mrs.Yu. I don't know that much about Chinese Yo-Yo, but after I watched your video I am very fascinated now!
The video was really cool. I never new that people could do so much with a yo-yo. I was blown away by how good the person as. He could do all sorts of tricks like jumproping while still yo-yoing.I have a chinese yo-yo but I can never do it. My brother can do all sorts cool tricks.
I thought the video rocked!! I usually think they animate all of those things because they seem so impossible. I wish I could do something like that. guess I just don't have enough time.I'm going to practice yo-yoing more.
WOW!That was amazing. I never thought that someone could do Chinese yo yo like that in my life.I loved the part when the guy did the really cool trick in the end when he used three yo yo's. I have never herd of the Chinese yo yo but now I think I want to try!!
This video was awesome! Just like Kaelyn, I have never heard of Chinese yo-yos. The Chinese yo-yo seems like a nice toy to play with. I wish I could do those cool tricks the way Wei-lang Lin did them. I wonder what inspired him to become a professional Chinese yo-yo performer? After watching this video I really want to learn how to play the Chinese yo-yo.
I have a blog about working very hard to accomplish something big.
My basketball team was horrible. Our season total was 2-6(2 wins, 6losses). The last two games we won
52-43, and the other was a double overtime 2 point win. Before the playoffs, we practiced a LOT. In the playoffs, we won our fist game 42-35, an easy win, and we lost our second game. We were out of playoffs, right? Wrong. We won our consolation match, and the the team we lost to lost, so we made it into the semifinals. The fist round we won in a blowout, and in the second game, we were down by seven in the last minute. I made a three point shot, making the score 54-52. Our point guard Iffioney passed it to John, who tied the game with 11 seconds left. When they passed it in, Iffioney smacked the ball over the head of the player who had it, then passed the ball to John, who won the GAME!
In the final round of the division, we had an easy win, 42-29. In the FINAL game, the opposing team Almaden lost the game 27-26. We were the champions!!!! See how practice helps?
Great sharing Aunoy! In addition to practice, I also see perseverance of your team. Your story is very inspiring! Cheers to all hard working people!
Great video Mrs.Yu! it was really cool the way that guy was flipping that yo-yo it seemed really easy the way the guy did it.
I want to talk about how I tried very hard to accomplish something. The only way I thought I was going to be a master puppateer was if I practiced. I have been practicing with puppets for about six years. I kept trying to get better and soon, I became really good! In result, I am very goot with puppets, and I still practice hard so I can be The Master of Puppets!
I think this video was awesome!!! It was really cool. The chinese yo-yo looks very interesting. It even looks more interesting (to me) than a regular yo-yo. I think that person was really good for a person who started in 5th grade! He was so cool1!!! Hey Mrs. Yu I have a question. Where can I get one of those chinese yo-yo's? They look so interesting. If I get one I can't wait to try it. "Maybe" if I practice hard enough one day I could be like that guy!
That video was awesome! It must take years to learn to do those kind of tricks. My friend has a Chinese Yo-Yo but he can hardly do it. It was really cool when he used multiple yo- yos on one string!
However, nobody can be perfect!! That's why I made up a new motive: Practice takes you CLOSER to perfection!
Wow! That man makes Chinese yo-yo look easy but really it is very hard. I wish I was as good as that man. I can't believe that man could do three yo-yos at a time! That man must be famous. By the way. I think that Chinese yo-yo's are much cooler than regular yo-yo's. That man probably made a lot of money from that one show. I hope you post more blogs like that!
I think he made it look easy but it is really hard. He must have practiced everyday because those tricks look impossible. iused to have 2 Chinese yo-yos but the handles broke. Even when I had it I still wasn't very good.
I like the video you posted! I think I agree with that quote. I really want to be a great soccer player and a very good pianist. I need to practice my soccer moves because I'm worst than before! I really don't know how to do the Chinese yo-yo even though I've seen it many times. But I can't believe he was able to yo-yo three rollers! I think I will start learning Chinese yo-yo too!!!!
The video was really cool!!! I never knew that sombody could do so many tricks with just one yo-yo. All the tricks were really cool!!! I think I want to try it.
Wow! that man is really good at the chinese yo-yo! The part which really shocked me the most was when he did three chinese yo-yos. I can only do it with one only. I know two tricks. The first one I know was taught to me when I first learned it, it's called ant up the hill. To do this, you have to spin your yo-yo first and keep one of the sticks down and then other one up. When that happens you will see your yo-yo go up and then down. The second trick i know doesn't really have a name. You just simply throw the chinese yo-yo into the air. Of course you and to catch the yo-yo. The simplest way to catch it is to hold the position like the first one i mentioned and aim the top stick at where it is going to land. When i didn't know that trick I broke my chinese yo-yo two times! My grandpa helped me glue it back together.
I agree that when there is a will there is a way because for example if your parents told you to buy a wii with your own money but you don't have enough you will have to earn the money your self.I really want my soccer team beat at least 4 matches because we mostly lose to other good teams.
I really liked the video you posted Mrs.Yu I didn't know that any one could do it so well. The next thing I am going to do do is buy a Chinese yo yo and try to get as good as that boy.
Nice blog post and video, Mrs.Yu. This guy is really good at doing the chinese yo-yo!!! I was amazed how that guy was able to do two and three chinese yo-yo. It was really cool when that guy did awesome tricks!!! That video inspired me to buy a chinese yo-yo. Once again Mrs.Yu, cool blog post and video!!!
Post a Comment