Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Places I Have Traveled To

By: Leanne Hi Room 24! Have you ever traveled to any countries or states? Well, I have! I have been to Oregon, Washington, Iowa, Utah, Nevada, South Dakota, Wyoming, and Montana. I also went to Victoria and Vancouver which are both in Canada. I really liked going to Wyoming, South Dakota, and Vancouver because in Wyoming I got to go to Yellowstone National Park where you get to see real life geysers. In South Dakota, I saw Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse. When I saw Crazy Horse during nighttime, there were rainbow lights shining over the statue and there was also firework in the sky. Last but not least, Vancouver!!! I went to this science museum where you get to go inside a plastic nose, watch a movie similar to Chabot's, and shooting tennis balls all over the room! {Nobody got hurt.} Where have you been? Was there a particular place you liked in that state or country? Share your experience!

29 comments:

Da Tourist(Jonathan) said...

I have been to Taiwan, Washington, New York, Nevada, Oregon, and Mexico. I go to Taiwan, because I meet my cousin there is Shing Tsu and Taipei to visit my cousins. At Taiwan, I do many fun things like when it is really hot, I go to this water park that is really big and has a lot of slides and a water playground. In Washington, I also visit my cousin and we go fishing with my grandpa. We fish for salmon and trout. My cousins dog is called "Clifford"(Read my other post to the dog to know what I mean) and we play with him at the dog park. I visit many other places, but I will tell you some other time.

Aaron stay in America said...

I have been to Taiwan and Nevada. I go to Taiwan to see my cousins and my grandparents. I usually go to Taipei to meet them. I once went to Shing Tsu to get my dad's sister. I really like all my cousins except for one of them who is really annoying. He always whines for everything and talks back to other people. When my family went to Nevada we saw one of my friends there too. We went to the same hotel and ate with each other. Their names are Jerimiah and Amos. Amos is older and right now is in high school. Jerimiah is also in High School. They are both older then my sister

Eric said...

I have only been to Taiwan before. I have never been anywhere else because all my relatives live there and my mom doesn't like traveling. Even so, Taiwan is my favorite place to go. I like going there because I like visiting my cousins. My favorite cousin is a boy in 9th grade. Both of my grandmas there cooks very good food. I also visited a art museum there once. There were really cool paintings and drawings.

Aditya the tourister said...

I have been to India, New York, Pennslyvania, New Jersey, Nevada, Washington D.C., and California. I go to India because to meet my relatives and visit a lot of places. Some cities I visited in CA is San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Sacramento, Santa Cruz, Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Jose. In Nevada, I visited Las Vegas. In Las Vegas, I visited the Las Vegas and gas strip which is full of casinos and hotels. In New York, I visited the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, and the Rockefeller Center. In Pennslyvania, I visited the Liberty Bell and the Hershey Milk Chocolate Factory. In New Jersey, we just stayed in a hotel and went to this park. This is all the places I have visited.

Edward Da Great Tourist said...

The ony places I have been to in my life were Arizona, California, Nevada, Mexico, and Hong Kong. I go to Hong Kong so I can visit all of my relatives. When I go there in the summer there are many fun thing to do when it is really hot outside. I usually go indoors and check out the stores. We also like to go swimming when it gets really hot. I went to Mexico during a cruise trip. In the trip we made three stops on port. My favorite stop was at the water park. I went to Arizona in a trip to The Grand Canyon. I go to Nevada when I go skiing in the winter. I have also visited lots of other places in California, but I will tell you some other time.
Nice post Leanne!!!!!

Mihir the spongebob fan:) said...

I have visited India, Singapore, and Texas. In India I visit my relatives and see numerous attractions. The last time I went to India, I went to the capital city and stayed in this fancy hotel for a few days. I also saw several forts and palaces which were well preserved. In Singapore, I saw Santosa Island( a tourist island) , the orchid garden, and an aquarium. In Texas, I visited my relatives, Houston Space Center, and the Alamo mission. I like the Space Center best because we got to see a real rocket!

*RacheL* said...

I have been to many places including: Salinas and Santa Monica (in CA), Nevada (on the way to the Grand Canyon, and YES, WE DROVE), Arizona (to see the Grand Canyon), Pennsylvania, Maine, New Hampshire, Tennesee, Kentucky, New Jersey, Delaware, Colorado, and soon I'll be going to Virginia/Washington D.C. The Grand Canyon was so cool! the closest I wanted to get to the edge was like three feet because I was scared, but later on at a tour kind of place at the edge of the Grand Canyon there was like a column of the Grand Canyon that looked like it was originally unattached but someone reattched it to the edge. People could go on the column to look down in the Grand Canyon and I went on it and layed down on my stomach and looked down. It was scary and fun at the same time.

Raymond the adventurer said...

I have been to many places in the world. Though I've been to many places, I haven't been to many states in America. The only U.S. I've been to is Nevada and Washington. In Nevada, I want to Las Vegas. In Washington, I was actually on my trip to Canada. We passed by the Needle Tower, but I didn't go inside it because the line was too long. I actually bought a toy souvenir of the Needle Tower. I've went to Europe before. My cousins live in Paris,France, so I visited them there. On the first day, I went to the Eiffel Tower. That night, I got sick and that was how I got my asthma illness. I also visited Italy on my trip at Europe. I saw many statues and monuments there. I even went on a gandola in a small place called Venice.

Arjun said...

I've only been to India and Singapore. I went to India in the summer to meet my cousins. We saw the Red Fort which is the emperor's palace. It more than a 1,000 years old and it is so huge a whole army could live inside it. I went to Singapore on our way back from India. It's very green over there and it is famous for the merlion. It has the head of a lion and a tail of a fish(merman).

*Rakhi* =] said...

I have been to many places such as Arizona, Nevada, India, Australia, North Carolina, England, Hawaii, Singapore, Aruba, and Georgia. While going to Aruba we stopped at Charlotte which is in North Carolina and on the way back we stopped at Atlanta, Georgia (I didn't really get out of the airport). In India, Australia, and England I was visiting my relatives. It was really fun going to Australia. My cousin that lives there has a dog and the dog really likes me. I love dogs and dogs love me! In Nevada I went to Las Vegas. I didn’t like it that much. All the hotels had casinos and they were sooo stinky and smelled of smoke. I loved going to Hawaii. When I was there I met Miss. Scourkes and Mrs. Silva. It was funny because my sister was in Miss Scourkes’ class the next year. As you can see, I have been to many places.

Puja said...

I have been to India, Masachusettes, and Louisana. I went to India, Massachusettes, and Louisana because my relatives live there. This summer, I might go to Louisana.
In Massachusettes, I went on the duck ride, which is a truck that can go in the water. On land, our driver pointed out some historic sites and buildings. I thought that the brown water looked like Coke!
Louisana was greatly influenced by the French. I think there is a street named after the French!

Mrs. Yu said...

Out of 50 states in the US, there are only six states I have not visited yet. My study in different colleges, and later work experience brought me the chance to explore various regions in the US. My study in Iowa State enabled me to explore the neighborhood states of Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, and South Dakota. During the long winter and summer breaks, I drove with friends all the way down to Gulf of Mexico in Texas passing states of Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana. Another trip I had opened my eyes to Kentucky, Tennessee, and Georgia until we reached Disney World in Orlando, Florida. On my return trip, we also stopped by Alabaman and Mississippi. Having a sister that lived on the east coast also help! During college years, I visited Boston in Massachusetts three times because my brother-in-law was pursing his PhD there. When I joined GTE Telecommunication Company back in the 80s, I was sent to Phoenix, Arizona for one year technical training. A few years later, I attended University of Maryland for my master degree. My college campus is only 30 minutes driving distance from the White House in Washington D.C. All right, I will stop here. I was going to make my students guess which six states I have not visited yet. Maybe this should be our mystery STATES for the week after April break?

Rebecca said...

I have been to many places. I've been to Washington, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Florida, London (when I was a baby), Singapore, and Thailand.I have been to Wisconsin and Minnesota because I have family there. I have been to Florida, Singapore, and Thailand for family vacation.I don't know why I went to London because I was a baby.

Sabrina said...

I've been to China, Boston in Massachusetts, Nevada, Chicago, Washignton, and I think Canada. I have also been to Japan (for about45 min :P) because I was going to back America and somehow got at the Japan airport (don't know much about it because I was like two years old). Chicago was the first place I ever flew to and still, I do not remeber much about it because it was the first time on the plane which is like more than eight years ago. When I went to Washington, I went to see my cousins. It was great to see them again (especially when we were young because they do not play with me anymore:( ).

Lynn =) said...

I have been to India, Seattle, Canada (Vancouver), Lake Tahoe and Los Angeles (in California). I went to all there other places when I was a BABY!!! Now, I can't eve remember anoy of them!! I have been to India because my relatives live there. I have been to Seattle because once, my dad was on a buisness trip there so we went to visit him there. Since Seattle is really close to Vancouver, Canada, we went there. I go to Lake Tahoe every year to play in the snow, go skiing, and smowboarding. (I only do skiing and play in the snow.) I go to Los Angeles because two of my cousins live there. We see them almost every year and we have to drive there!!! It takes 7-8 hours!!!

Great post Leanne!!!

*Clara ;) (;* said...

I have been to Taiwan (Taipei), Vancouver, and Arizona. I went to Taiwan because I wanted to see all my relatives and my cousins. I am the smallest of my cousins (but in the mean time I won't). Also, I came to visit Taiwan's fun places and malls like the Taipei 101, and other malls. I been to Vancouver to see what it is like over there. I got to ride on a horse. It was so cool! When I was in Vancouver, I also went to Victoria Island. We had to travel by a boat to get there. I went in a cave when we got there. I went to Arizona because I want to see the Grand Canyon.

Kaytlin ** said...

I have been to Washington, Nevada, Florida( when I was traveling to Florida, I stopped by the Dallas, Texas Airport), Vancover, Japan, Phillipines, Hong Kong, and China. I really like going to Japan and Phillipines. I like going to Japan because it is very clean, I've been wishing to go there since I was six, there are many fun places like the Tokyo Tower(they say you can see the whole city of Tokyo there), Disneyland,and Disney Sea. I like to go to Phillipines because I get to meet my relatives from my mom's side and go to many places. For example the beaches, the malls( one mall there is one of the largest malls in the woorld!), and many other places!

Abhinav said...

I went to India, New York, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut. I visited India to meet my relatives. In New York I saw the Statue of Liberty and Times Square. The only bad thing about New York is that there are big chances that you could get lost. In Pennsylvania I went to the Hershey's Chocolate Factory. You can basically make your own chocolate over there. They also give many free smaples of chocolate. In Connecticut I just went to visit my sister's friend's house.

Vincent said...

I have not been to many places.I had only been Taiwan and Nevada. I went to Taiwan to see my grandparents and my cousins. I also liked the parks over there; they were so fun. I went to Nevada to ski. I lived in Grand Sierra which was in Nevada. I went there with my church friends. My family doesn't like to go to many places because both of my parents work.

William said...

I have been to China, Taiwan, and Nevada. When I went to China I went to many interesting places Like the Great Wall. I used to go to Taiwan every year but now I don't have much time. Nevada was only for sking but I had a awsome time.

Shrila:) said...

I have been to many places like India, Mexico, Florida, Nevada, Singapore, Hawaii, Canada, and so on. All of these places were really fun to go to, but one of my favorites were Mexico. I loved that place. We went with a friend and had so much fun. There was this delicious drink called a "Miami Bias". It was so good. The hotels were so luxurious and the weather was great. Once, we were at the beach and the lifeguard told us not to get too close to the water because there are whales close to shore! We watched the ocean and saw a huge whale jumping there! It was so cool! I have never seen a whale so up-close before. It was a great experience that will stay in my head forever.

YO... IT''S COLLETTE said...

I've been to Colorado, Florida, New York, Nevada, Hawaii, England, France and Mexico. I go to England to visit my relatives. I have been on the London Eye and I saw Big Ben. I also went inside Windsor Castle. I went to see the Eiffel Tower in France. After we left Mexico their was a HUGE flood. I was EXTREMELY LUCKY!!!!

-Collette

Travler Girl(Zarah) said...

I have been to Hong Kong, Dubai, and London. I like Hong Kong the best because it is so much fun and the weather feels good. We go there every Summer when we are planning to go to somewhere in Asia. I like Dubai because it was really fun there! It is a great place for shopping and there are many places to go. The beaches are warm so you can have fun. They have tall buildings! Such as Burj al Arab. My cousin lives there. I like London because it is a great place for shopping and many places to go.
Nice post Leanne! :)

Siddesh who's trying to smile said...

I have been to a lot of places. In fact I have moved 9 times! My favorite place is India. The favorite thing about India is the food that they make. There is this delicious thing called vadium(not sure how to spell it) and they fry the dough and make them. Vadiums are kind of like chips. When I went to India last summer, we saw this place called Ramoji Rao Studios. This place is exactly like Hollywood with the scenes, actors, and etc. but the only thing different is that the Ramoji Rao Studios is way bigger than Hollywood. It is the biggest Studio in the world. When we went on the tour it cost 500 rupees(roughly 11.00) and all the Indian scenes were fantastic! We even got to see this place that looked like a haunted house.

To sum up, India is a very good place to visit.

Auboni said...

I have been to Bangladesh, Nevada, and New York. I went to Bangladesh when I was very small, I don't go anymore because I am not used to it. That's what happened when I went to Bangladesh. I got really sick and a lot of mosquito bites I even screeched that I never want to go again. My dad thins the best time for when I should go is when I am older. I went to Nevada for a couple trips in the winter to play with snow. And I've been to New York over the summer. Out of all of the places I've been to New York is the best! I think that because i Could speak English and they would understand what I said. Also I got to work in my Uncle's Shop which was really fun.

Jeffrey da cucumber in the pickle jar said...

I have been to 15 national parks and I have gotten 14 junior ranger badges. One of them is Sequoia National Park. There are many hikes there and a lot of forests there too. They have biking trails but I forgot my bike. Another National Park I went to is Yosemite National Park. Yosemite is perfect weather in the spring, a little hot in summer and fall, and snowy in the winter. I went to Yosemite in three of the seasons and one of them was winter. There were many friends going with us and we had a huge snowball fight. Me and brother even buried our dad inside the snow! Alpine skiing there was fun too. After a bunch of fun skiing, I enjoyed a cup of hot chocalate too. It was fun.

Soraya said...

One place I have gone in is Mexico. I often go to Mexico to meet my relatives such as my cousins, grandma, uncle, aunt, and so on. I have also been to Seattle. The best part about going to Seattle was probably the Space Neddle. I got to go up there and take pictures with my mom's camera. (Luckily I didn't drop it!!) Another place I went to was Nevada. In Nevada. I was never able to do many fun things there because my sister got sick and had to go to the doctor on the first day.

Justin said...

I have only been to Nevada and Hong Kong, China other than California. In Hong Kong there is lots of interesting stuff. You could go to Disneyland. The Disneyland in Hong Kong is smaller than the one in L.A. be it is still pretty fun. There is also Ocean Park. In there is a newly built under ground train that takes you from the top of the hill to the bottom of the hill. Ocean Park and Disneyland are the same size.

Shreya said...

I have been to a lot of places. There's Mexico, Hawaii, India, Hong Kong, Pennsylvania, Washington, Texas, and many more. Most of the places I went to visit my relatives, but the others I went for touristing.
I think my favorite place would be Cancun, Mexico. I just loved the soft, white sand and loved to get away from stress I get from home and others things.