Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Friday, March 12, 2010

Video Games!

By: Siddesh Kids think that video games are the best pass time for them, but if we look at the parents’ point of view, they would say, “Oh my, if my daughter/son plays video, it will spoil his/her eyes and he/she will get glasses if they play too much.” Here are some of the characters in a famous game called Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Diddy Kong, Ike, King Dedede, Lucario, Lucas, Meta Knight, Pikmin & Olimar, Pit, Pokemon Trainer, R.O.B., Solid Snake, Wario, Wolf Bowser, Captain Falcon, Donkey Kong, Falco Lombardi, Fox McCloud, Ganondorf, IceClimbers, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Link, Luigi, and Mario. At Shaan’s Birthday party, it was my 3rd time playing Brawl. Himanshu was Bowser and I was Meta Knight. Some special move Meta Knight can use is this attack where he turns into a red tornado. Also, when you are Pikachu (or any other character) when you see this glowing cube or a hammer, go and pick it up. If Bowser get the glowing/shining cube, he will turn humongous and stomp everything in his way, but the bad thing about getting the shining cube when you Bowser is that it is hard to JUMP . There is another very fun game on Wii called Mario Kart. It is a game when you have the Wii remote held sideways and you pretend to drive a real car. There are a lot of things to play on Mario Kart. They are: Grand Prix, Balloon Battle, Coin Runners, VS, Solo Race, Team race, Time Trails, and Wi-Fi battles (with someone totally different.) Here are some items from Mario Kart. What is your favorite video game? How long are you allowed to play each time?

30 comments:

Lynn =) said...

My favorite video games are Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I also like some Nintendo DS games like Pokemon Perl, Diamond, and Platinum. My favorite character in Matio Kart is Toadette and Rosilina. I just need to unlock one more character, Dry Boswer. In Brawl, my favorite character is... Kirby!!! I like its hammer move and rock move. In Pokemon Platinum, I started out with the Pokemon Chimchar. My brother said it can learn a lot of good moves when it is an Infernape. I don't really know how long I can play video games.

Da Video Game Addict(Jonathan) said...

I am addicted to the computer and the Wii. You can name a game and you bet, I played it before. I played the computer so much that it is starting to get really boring. On the computer, I play games on websites like, onemorelevel.com; armorgames.com; gamegecko.com; miniclip.com; nitrome.com; etc. I can name more, but it will take too long. I also go on facebook to play games just for the fun of it.On the Wii, I play many games like Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros, etc. I beat every single game that I have and I hope to get a new game before I get too bored. In brawl, I use all characters, but my favorite is Ike. I like his sword moves and his up B. His Final Smash is really cool with the fire and the combos. I also like to use sonic because of his Final Smash too, he becomes Super Sonic. Since I beat Subspace Emessary, I hacked the game so it will be more interesting. I am so pro at Super Smash Bros Brawl, that I can beat three Level 9 on the same team. Siddesh forgot Toon Link and Marth. I also beat Mrio Kart Wii, I unlocked all the characters, cups, karts, and bikes. My favorite character is dry bones, the bubble bike, and manual. The bubble bike has a great acceleration and speed boost. The drifting is also very good. I know every shortcut in every course. Mario Kart also got boring so I hope to find new games to play.

Aaron LIKES THIS said...

My favorite games are Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. My favorite player in Mario Kart is Dry Boswer because he's good. I need Funky Kong in Mario Kart. In Brawl, my favorite players are Snake, Ike, and Captain Falcon even though most of my friends don't like him. I like then because they are slow except for Captain Falcon and are strong, but Captain Falcon moves fast and is weak.

Eric the video game freak said...

I don't play games on wii much but I still like to play them at my friends house sometimes. I like Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. I like Mario Kart because some of the levels are pretty challenging. My favorite character in Super Smash Bros. is Kirby because on some levels, the screen keeps on going up so if you get out of the screen, you die. For Kirby, though, he can just float in the air so you don't have to do anything! I like playing computer games too. My favorite websites to play are miniclip, nitrome, armorgames, and maxgames. My favorite game is Double Edged on Nitrome. You are a greek warrior and you are supposed to kill enemy warriors and bosses. Some the bosses include King Midas, Medusa, Hercules, The Minotaur, and Talos(a giant robot created by Hepaestus). I forgot what the last boss was but I watched it on youtube and he looked like a giant,ugly monster. I think his name starts with a B.

Puja said...

I played a game called Strawberry Shortcake. It's about a girl who has a weird
name: Strawberry Shortcake.It's actually quite entertaining, because it's an obstacle course. The character must collect strawberries.
I also played Mario Kart before.

Mihir said...

During the school year, I almost never play any video games because I either study or play outside.. During the summer, I play 1-2 hours of video games every day. My favorite video games would be Brawl, Mario Kart, and Star Wars Lego I like Brawl because you can fight each other and use these special moves. Mario Kart Double Dash would be another favorite because the music is cool and the game has interesting courses, and you can knock people off the road. I also like Lego Star Wars because it's like you're the real characters, and because you can find hidden courses.

COLLette said...

My favorite video game is , Mario party8 and Super smash Bros. Brawl on Wii. On DS and Dsi I like Fashion designer and Cooking Mama 3, shop and chop. I could play my games when ever I want but, I can't play them when I have LOTS and LOTS of homework.

-C!!!

Kaytlin:D said...

I have many Wii games and Nintendo D.S. games. My favorite Wii game that I have is Super Mario Bros. Brawl. My favorite character is Kirby in Super mario Bros. Brawl. My favorite games in Nintendo D.S. are Kirby super Star Ultra, Kirby Squeak Squad, and Cooking Mama 2 and 3. I have many more games, but I usually play with the Wii and D.S. I think I can like play for about an hour or so.

Abhinav said...

My favorite video game is Mario Kart Wii. I unlocked very few characters. My favorite character is Diddy Kong. My favorite kart is the Super Blooper. I also like the Wild Wing. Another game I like is this basketball game that's pretty fun. The bad thing about it is that its a PS2 game, not a Wii game. I think I can play video games for about an hour a day.

Video Game Master (Arjun) said...

My favorite video games are Brawl,Mario Kart, and Wii Fit Plus. I do not really play Wii Fit Plus to loose weight, I just do it for the fun of it and unlocking advanced in all the games. I like playing Mario Kart and hitting my sister with a red shell. I alwso like Brawl because it is fun wacking characters off the stage. My favorite player in Brawl is Link and Toon Link.

Shrila:) said...

Someone of the games I like are Guitar Hero, Wii Fit, Mario Galaxy, Brawl, and Mario Cart. I have Guitar Hero, Wii Fit, Mario Galaxy and Brawl, but I do not have Mario Cart. I really want that game. Out of all those games, Guitar Hero is my favorite. That's because it is really fun, and you can stand up and do something. A lot of the Wii games only require you to sit down and move the remote, or stand up and move a little. But in Guitar Hero, you have to stand up and move your body a lot. You can get a lot of exercise that way. There is so much to do in that game. You can sing with a mike, play a guitar, and play the drums! How cool is that! You can either play it solo, or you can play it with a band. I think it was so worth it to buy Guitar Hero. I suggest everyone else to give it a try too!

Shreya Neogi said...

I really don't have a favorite video game, but I like playing the DS. I have played Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but honestly I can't remember all the moves so a just keep on pressing random buttons, sometimes I really win!
As you can see I don't play much but here are some of the games I have played. DDR (Dance Dance Revolution, so many different versions). Mario cart on both Wii and DS. And so many others.

William the God said...

My favorite games are Super Mario Smash Bros Brawl and Dynasty Warriors because they all have something to do with fghting and winning and teamwork if you play with teams. Also in Dynasty Warriors you can use magic and shoot cards if your a magician.

Vincent the video game guy said...

My favorite video game is Super Smash Brothers Brawl. My favorite character are Meta Knight and Sonic. I use his "side B" all the time. He turns into a drill and drills people. The "side A's" are really strong. When I use it, I sometimes knock people out of the stage. For Sonic, I use his "B's" to attack. His "up B" is a spring that bounces him up. His final smash makes him go crazy. My favorite place is Final Destination. It is a small thingy floating in space. I like Mario Kart Wii, but I always get like 7th-12th place. On DS,I always get 1st-4th place (when I am playing alone). I can usually play 1 hour.

Rakhi ;P said...

I like to play lots of different types of video games including Nintedo DS, Wii, PS2. On the Wii I like Wii sports, Wii play, Wii fit, and Mario Striker Charge. On a DS I like Nintendogs, Pet vet, Mario Cart, and Super Mario Bros. On the PS2 I like Dance Dance Revolution. On Dance Dance Revolution you dance on mats and you compete with other people and after three rounds you get graded. As you can see, I really like video games.

Aditya said...

My favorite video games are the Wii and the Nitendo DS. On the Wii, I play Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, and Mario and Sonic at the Summer Olympic Games. I also have this NBA game thing which is pretty fun. On my DS, I play this game called M&M Kart Racing. I also have Sonic and the Secret Rings. I usually play for an hour to two hours.

JUstin said...

I don't have a single video game. Personally, it's OK with me. From my point of view, I kind of think that buying video games is a waste of money. Instead, like to play online computer games. My favorite website is http://www.garfield.com/. I like it because there are all kinds of free games such as the scary scaverger hunt. Nowadays I don't play it too much because I'm busy surfing the web looking for new online games.

 

Sabrina said...

My favorite video game is Super Smash Bro. Brawl. I like the character Kirby (just like Lynn!!!). My brother loves to play that game thinks he is so good at it (but I'll show him!). I do not play video games much but I do chat more than play video games.

*Zarah* Video game girl! said...

My favorite games are Mario Kart, Guitar Hero, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Cooking Mama, and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. These are the games that I like really enjoy! I can play whenever I want but not at night and not during H.W. I am not really obsessed with video games.

Little League player(Jeffrey) said...

Well, everyone knows I like baseball so my favorite video game is obviously Little League World Series. In this game, you can control real players nationwide who competed in the Little League World Series tournament and use them to win your own Little League World Series. Also, each player has their own abilities so some guys are good ate batting and some guys are pitching pros. I like using Team West because that is where we are. I won have one tournament in that game so far. You can even make your star player and you can choose his look's abilities, and weaknesses. Mine is called Jeffrey and he is good at batting. There are prizes you can unlock in that game such as triple monster hit and grand slam. Other than formal baseball games, they also have training practices from a video game coach and they have skill challenge games such as baseball HORSE.

*Clara* said...

My brother and I play a lot of games together. I like to play Super Smash Bros., Mario Party 8, and Wii Fit on Wii. My favorite character is Jigglypuff because he can twist for a long time and defeat the opponent. On Nintendo DS, I like to play Pokemon Platinum, Cooking Mama 1 and 2, and The Legendary Starfy on Nintendo DS. I think I could play for the whole day if I don't have any homework or activities I need to do.

Rebecca said...

My favorite video game is Cooking Mama on the Wii. Its so much fun because you get to cook food but not get food all over your self. I also like Mario kart. I am not very good at it but I can beat my sister at it. I don't play video games that often because I have homework and gym practice all the time.

Da Video Game Master(Edward) said...

Since I don't have any kind of video game system I play my friends WII. On her WII I like to play Mario Kart the most. My faverite charecter in Mario Kart is Luigi. I like him because his race car the Poltergust. On DS I like to play Pokemon Platinum. For Pokemon Platinum I started out with a Piplup. I chose a Piplup because in a book I read that a Piplup will turn into a powerful Empoleon, And now I have one. I also like to play Super Mario Bros. In there I like to play mini games the most. Right now I am on world two in the game. I really remember when I started playing video games.
Great post Siddesh!!!!!!!!

Auboni:) said...

I dont really play with video games that much, but I do remember I used to love playing this basketball game with my brother which was really fun!!!My favorite part was that I was really bad, so my brother would put like freethrows thand defence to 100% so my team would be really good. But I always lost by like 50 points. I also used to by Super smash bro or something like that. I used to be Zelda because I liked her dress (tee hee!!)

*RacheL* said...

I have a DS Lite and I have eight games for it. I have "BrainAge", "BrainAge 2","New Super Mario Brothers", "Puppy Luv Spa and Resort", "The World Ends With You", "Cooking Mama", and "Petz Horses 2". My favorite game is Petz Horses 2 because I love horses! <3

*RacheL* said...

I have a DS Lite and I have eight games for it. I have "BrainAge", "BrainAge 2","New Super Mario Brothers", "Puppy Luv Spa and Resort", "The World Ends With You", "Cooking Mama", and "Petz Horses 2". My favorite game is Petz Horses 2 because I love horses! <3 I also have some Facebook Apps and six iPod games: Cake Mania 3, iQuiz, Klondike, Monopoly, Vortex, and Temogatchi- 'Round the World. My mom normally lets me play for about 15 minutes at a time.

Leanne said...

My favorite video game is Mario Kart and Super Mario Galaxy. Some times I play Super Smash Bros. Brawl with my neighbor Kevin. I especially like playing the Pokemon Pearl on the DS like Lynn. I have an Infernape right now and it is level 67. I think it is really fun because you have to beat the gym leaders, the Elite Four, and The Champion. When you beat the Champion [Cynthia}, you become the Champion! {Which I am now!} But you first have you defeat the Elite Four and the eight Gym Leaders.

*Soraya* said...

I like palying Dance Dance Revolution on my Wii and I also like playing Wii Play and Wii Sports. I am usually allowed to play for as long as I want... So I end up going to bed really late(in the morning.) Once I start playing, I can never stop!!! Nice post Siddesh!!!

Mahi said...

I have a Wii, but I don't play it as much as I used to. The games I have are Mario Party 8 and regular Wii sports. Now I don't really play much, but sometimes I do play to get relaxed and not nervous for tests. I don't have a Nintendo, but I would love to have one. My cousin has a Nintendo D.S one and plays on it all the time, after her homework.

Raymond the video game GEEK! said...

I LOVE playing video games. I sometimes play the Wii, but mostly I play the computer. On the Wii, I mainly play Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Mario Cary. I unlocked all the characters on Super Smash Bros. Brawl. All the characters that you unlock are better than the basic ones. Mario Cart is a lot of fun. I have a steering wheel to help me drive more steadily. The graphics are really cool and you can do a lot of things such as hitting other people with red shells or green shells. You can also put bannanas on the roads to trip opponents. I play this downloaded game on my computer called Halo Trial. There's three types of game play. One is called campaign and the other is called internet. On campaign, you go this mission on finding the control center in this place called Halo with your teamates. There are many aliens to defend the place so you have to destroy them in order to get what you want. The easiest level is really easy for pros and the hardest level is kind of hard for them. In internet, you go on the internet and connect to games to battle with other people. Some examples are capture the flag, slayer, oddball, and king.