Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Friday, March 26, 2010

April Fool's Day!

April Fool's Day

By: Shrila Have you ever been April Fooled? I love April Fool's Day because you never know what is going to happen! April Fool's Day is a day that everybody plays pranks on each other. It is so fun! Every year, I start thinking about what I'm going to do about a week before the actual day. One year, I made a bunch of small squares of paper, and wrote the words "APRIL FOOLS!" on them. Then, I put some tape on them. Whenever I saw somebody walk by, I would stick a piece of paper on him or her. It is so funny when you see them go by not noticing what is going on. My favorite April Fool's trick that I did was a couple of years ago. We used to have a remote control car, so I taped a video camera onto it. I took the remote control and clicked the record button on the video camera. A few minutes before I did that, my brother told me that he was going to do work, but I heard a little noise in his room so I got suspicious. I quietly opened the door and moved the car inside using the remote controller. I left the car with the camera in the room. After about five minutes, I again opened the door, and slipped the car outside using the controller. When I looked at the footage, I saw my brother listening to his iPod, and singing along with it so loudly. I laughed so badly! When I showed the videotape to my brother, he was so embarrassed! It was so funny! I will never forget that April Fool's Day! Some believe that the custom is related to the arrival of spring with the unpredictable and capricious April weather, but nobody is sure of that because there are many different theories of why we have April Fool's Day. Have you ever played a prank on someone on April Fool's Day? If you haven't, have you ever been tricked? Tell us all about it! I hope this blog helps you change your opinion about April Fool's Day!

28 comments:

Puja the jokester said...

I know one reason why we celebrate April Fool's Day:
Long ago, the new year was celebrated on April 1st. Then, the people changed it to January 1st. Unfortunetly, some people didn't hear the news, and celebrated it in April. Others called them fools.
One joke I played was to hide my mom's shoes.
Also, I mixed up the salt and sugar. It's a classic joke. It didn't work out very well. To this day, the sugar has salt in it, and I did that last last last year!
I don't know what I will do this year. Maybe, I'll give orange juice in a paper cup. I'll fill it half way. A little bit above, I'll have a hole. I'll give it to my victim. They'll drink the juice, only to find it spill all over their shirt!

Aditya said...

I know one prank I played on my someone. I played it on my friend. Once we had the same ripstiks which had the same color and which had the same design without are names written. I took my friends ripstik and he thought the ripstik that he had was actually supposed to be mine. I got to keep his ripstik for the rest of my life. Thats pretty funny!!!!

Nidhi whose dream bedroom is on the blog said...

Hooray!My dream bedroom is on the blog!(Fourth from top with the butterfly blanket and red dresser.)

My Story:
One April Fools Day I tried to get up and change my parents alarm clock one hour back. Later, not knowing what I had done earlier, my brother did the same thing. The alarm clock went off at 4:30!(I did not hear it because I am a very deep sleeper.)

Eric the prankster said...

I did a prank on my brother before. My brother is a huge fan of bionicle and I lost one of the ammo for one of my bionicle so I took one of his and used for my ammo. My brother found out soon and asked me where it was. That was pretty normal because we always steal each others things but I kept denying it. Finally, I gave up when he had his hands on one of my legos. It is too bad I didn't get to keep the ammo. It was pretty funny too. He probaly found out I did something because I couldn't keep a straight face.

spongebob(Mihir) said...

Here's a prank that I played on my friend. My friend had this candy and when he went to use the restroom, he left it behind. I took the candy out and put in an eraser. When he came back he found out that the candy he was about to eat was an eraser!

Here's a trick that my dad played on is relative. He put his hands about a foot apart and told his uncle that you have to stand in a praying position and rotate his hands and not try to touch his dad's hands. He had to do this with his eyes closed. Everyone ditched him while he's still standing there for an hour or so.

Rakhi said...

I have played many April fool’s jokes but I don't remember any. I have gotten tricked before. My sister said that I had to do a bridge and she said she wouldn't touch me. Later when I did, I found felt someone sitting on me. It was my sister (She did not put all her weight on me, luckily). I asked her why she did that and then she was like “Happy April Fool's Day." I was sooo mad at her. Now every time she asks me to do that I look at her suspiciously and then do it.

Rebecca said...

I told my sister that she couldn't count while closing her eyes. She did it and I ran outside and she got so mad. It was so funny. I don't know what I'm doing this year. Maybe I'll wear a mustache and a serious hat and act like a adult at school.

Jeffrey the cool cucumber said...

One year, my mom was cooking dinner in the kitchen and I slid my cello stop so fast through the kitchen she thought it was a mouse. She screamed then she said that she didn't want a mouse problem in the house since we already had an ant problem. I laughed and told her it was only my cello stop that I slid across. Boy, did she get mad! Then I said April's Fools and then she stopped and then she started laughing too. Once I got tricked by my brother. I was going to slump down the couch and play video games but when I sat down, I realized my brother had put a whoppee cushion on my regular spot! I got mad at him and then I chased him around the house instead of playing my video game. Soon, I got revenge on him by putting the whoppee cushion on his dinner spot. Me and my brother laughed then we played video games together. Nice post Shrila!

P.S. Your joke you played on your brother was so funny!

Soraya said...

I have never done any April's Fool's jokes on anybody. I know a few that you can play on other people, though. I learned these from a book I read.

1. Pour yeast into a box of pancake mix. (biscuit mix works weel, too.) On April Fool's day, Ask your parents to make pancakes. When they make them, it will turn out GIANT!!!

2. Put newspaper in your dad or mom's shoes near the area where your toe should go. When they put the shoes on, they will think their feet got bigger overnight! (this prank works best after they buy new shoes.)

3. Make ice cream sundaes for the family as a dessert. Make one of them using shaving cream as the whipped cream and a cherry tomato as the cherry. I think you can probably guess the results...

Da Prankster(Jonathan) said...

My favorite prank that I did was on my brother. Whenever he comes home from badminton, he goes to the refrigerator and drink up all the water. So when he was at badminton class, I dumped all the water out and filled it with leftover chicken broth. When he came home, I acted really normal, but this was going to be an interesting prank. He opened the refrigerator and started to drink his water bottle! He was so thirsty that he finished the whole bottle and he had a really funny face when he drank it. He then knew it was me, so I said it was April Fools Day. He was so annoyed that he went to the restroom and started to brush his teeth and rinse his mouth. He went to his room and closed the door. I should have known that he was preparing a prank for me. Later on when I got ready to go to sleep, I got into bed and I quickly jumped out, because my brother filled it with plastic insects. It was a great prank for both of us. I am thinking on what I should do this year. Hmmmmmmmmmm?

Mahi said...

I love April Fools’ Day, but sadly I didn't prank anyone, but two people pranked me. One time, my close friends made me go to the boys’ bathroom. The second time, my friend told me to go left and then take a right if I wanted a short way to go to Jamba Juice. Instead, the directions were actually the opposite. I had to go right and then left. Guess what? My dad's birthday is on April Fools’ Day. How funny! This year I am going to prank two people, my sisters.

Collette the prankster... said...

I am planning to do this Joke on my mom...
I wet my hands in the bathroom and make a fake sneezing sound behind my mom, as I do that I flick my hands so that the water goes on my mom's arm when she looks around I act like I have a cold. Then, my mom might think that I have an actual cold so she gives a cold and cough medicine to me. I refuse to take the medicine and then I can yell....
APRIL FOOLS!!!!!
YAH!!

Mrs. Yu said...

Hmmm, I honestly never played any prank on anyone in my life (yeah, I am kind of boring. Hey, I am old, and old people are allowed to be bored!) But, last year I offered my props to seven students on April's Fool Day, and they looked so cute with the fake mustache! What should we do this year after the Project Conerstone Lesson in the morning?

Sabirna-the non-April-Fool's-Day-joker said...

I not much of an April Fool's Day joker. Though, after reading your comments, it'll be fun to fool someone(that someone is my brother). I kept on forgetting it was April Fool's Day becase no opn ereminded me and no one played trickes on me(lucky me)! I hope I can fool someone this April Fool's Day. Nice post and trick Shrila!

Auboni said...

First of all.........I LOVE PLAYING PRANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tricked a lot of people such as Shreya, Soraya, Fiona, Rebecca and more. Here is some of them that work perfectly. Okay first there is when you send an email to close friends only and say that you are moving because of something like what I used was that we could not afford our house and my dad found a good house in Alabama. Then I said that Mrs.Yu was going to announce it later and I told her to keep it to herself so they wouldn't ask her. Then you just go through the day really quiet and a sad face but act like you are trying to get over something (works every time!). There is a lot more. I'm going to plan a few tricks. hehehehehe!

Siddesh the electronic pizza said...

Once I fooled my sister by doing the best trick ever. It was after school (roughly 5:30), I was in the Master Bedroom with a blue hair band of my sisters. She was entering her room with her stuff. Suddenly, I shot the band and I was trying to hit her, but instead it bounced of the wall and she thought it was a bee(even though it was blue.)Guess what her reaction was.... Yes correct she went,"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" Immediately after that she started chasing me in hot pursuit. Once she caught me she started to yell and SHOUT at me. :(

Lynn =) said...

I have never played a prank on people, but this year, I am planning on doing one. I got a few pranks from this website: http://aprilfoolzone.com/.
Go on it to find more pranks.
Here are a few of the pranks from that website.

1. Rig the Sprayer

Put a rubber band around the push button of the spray nozzle (the kind with a hose) so the button stays down. Point it forward. When the victim uses the sink they will get a wet surprise!

2. Drippy

Use a pin to make a few small holes in a plastic disposable cup. Offer a drink to the victim and watch while the liquid dribbles out onto their shirt. (KInd of the same prank Puja said.

3. Do the Splits

Find a scrap of cloth. Place a dollar on the floor and stay nearby. When the victim comes by and bends down to pick up the dollar, rip the cloth loudly. Most people will reach back to see if they ripped their pants. One of the original classic April Fool's pranks of all time!

Great post Shrila!!!

the prankster Raymond said...

April Fool's Day is an interesting holiday. Even though it is interesting, I don't really trick people with jokes. Besides my parents just don't understand what humor is. On April Fool's day, I keep cautious for anyone who might prank me. I think the only time I tricked someone on April Fool's Day was when got to my classroom, told my friend that his mom was behind him. When he looked back, nothing was there.

Clara :) said...

I pulled a prank on my uncle last year on April Fool's Day. I put a whoopee cushion on the sofa. We were eating dinner so he sat on the sofa and we heard the whoopee cushion sound. It was so funny! Then we all laughed. I also pulled a prank on my brother but I forgot because it was last last year. I don't know what I am going to do this year. Maybe I am going to mix up my brother's socks and he will wear not matching socks.

Great Post Shrila!!!

Abhinav said...

I've never done a prank before, but I know what I'm going to do this year. I'm going to put a clear paper on someone's work. Then I will pour some water on the clear paper. They would think that the water spilled on their work when it really didn't. I've also fell for few pranks such as nearly eating something that fell on the ground.

*RacheL* said...

I like to play pranks on April Fool's Day too. One time I called my dad and told him we got a cat. He forgot all about April Fool's Day and then we told him that it was April Fool's. It was funny. My brother is planning to use my dad's black leg thingy and some crutches and go to his swim coach and say he broke his leg. And then tell him APRIL FOOL'S!! One time I told my best friend that I was moving away and she was like WHAT!? And another time my brother's friend told his band teacher that he was moving away to Nevada and then he got to pick the songs to play for that band class and at the end he told him he was just joking (it wasn't April 1st). Then the band teacher got really mad at him. This year I don't know what to do but I will think of something to play on my brother. >:D

Zarah :P :D said...

Since today is April Fool's I thought that I might put a pushpin on my brother's seat. I never pulled a prank because I just don't have any time! I am not going to do that prank because I am afraid he might be mad and tell on me and I will get in big trouble. I haven't been pranked yet but I was hoping to!

Leanne said...

Today I played a trick on both of my younger sisters. I swiched their under wears with their socks so when they take a bath take a bath and there body will turn cold because they are holding socks instead of an under wear! I don't really know any good April Fool's jokes so ... I guess I will use yours! I also swiched their pants with their blankets!

Justin said...

I have not pulled a prank on someone and I will never pull a prank on someone in the future. What if they get mad at me? I have been tricked by some people. Today as I was walking to school, Jeffrey told me that I had a mustache. I really believed that because I had noodles for breakfast and one must have stuck above my mouth and below my nose. Only then did Jeffrey told me that it was a April fools joke.

Arjun :D said...

One prank I am planning to play on my mom is to tell her that Outdoor school is cancelled because of budget cuts. Today in math someone told me (I forgot who told me) the whole sheet is due for homework when only half was due. I just thought of a awesome prank! Fill
You sister's ICEE straw or some good drink with russel sprouts or some small type of bad tasting bean. That will work really well with my sister because she is very sensitive in taste.

Kaytlin the non pranker said...

I not an April Fool's Day joker at all. I have never thought of pulling pranks ever. Well, at least I never got tricked by someone. I kind of hope to prank someone, like my parents. A small prank because I don't want to make the other person furious. Interesting post Shrila!

Shreya said...

Today is April fools, and many people got tricked, but not me. I just try not to believe anything that anyone says. Also I never can come up with any pranks to play so I just go with the flow. Sometimes me and my brother trick our dad by lying about something or doing something mischievous, but that's about it.

William the : said...

One time I raced my friend outside so I let him win. Right when he ran outside I shut the door on him. So he was bare footed on the grass, I have a evil mind so I turned on the sprinklers. When he came in he was all soaked luky for him he had a extra pair of clothes so once he put it on I blasted him with my super soaker. He was so made he took the hose and started spraying me but I recently built a shield so I didn't get wet but my sheild broke. So it was a I lost and He lost.