Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Friday, March 12, 2010

Music

By: Lynn Hey everybody! Do you like music? I do. I like to sing them, play them, and even make them. My favorite song is called “Naturally” by Selena Gomez. It is a fun song where you can jump up and down and throw your hands. I also play a few instruments. I play the violin and clarinet. On the violin, there are four strings. They are called the “G” string, the “D” string, the “A” string, and the “E” string. The “E” string is the only string that has four different notes. The other strings have only three different notes. That doesn’t mean there are only 13 notes all together. There are also notes that are sharp, natural, and flat. On the clarinet, there are a lot of notes. 59 including sharps, naturals, and flats! Both the instruments are fun but challenging. The sound of music, (not the movie) had inspired me to play both those instruments. I love the sweet sound of the violin and the soft sound of the clarinet. Do you play any instruments? If you do, what are they? If you don’t, would you like to play one and what would it be?

29 comments:

Shrila:) said...

I really like the song "Naturally" by Selena Gomez too! I really the beat of the song. I play one instrument called the "Veena". I don't know if you have heard about it or not, because it is a Indian instrument. It is kind of like a guitar, but you have to sit down to play it. You sit cross-legged, and you put the front side of the Veena on your lap. The other side is on the floor. It is kind of hard to explain how you play it though. The notes you can play, are Sa, Ri, Ga, Ma, Pa, Tha, Ne, and Sa. There are many different songs and pieces you can play with the Veena. I really enjoy playing the Veena. Whenever I am really angry or sad, I play it out on the Veena.

Da Drums Player(Jonathan) said...

I used to play the piano, but now I play the drums, because I like to keep the beat and the drums is a loud instrument. I have "Naturally" on my ipod, I got it cause my brother suggested it to me. The drums is really loud and it gets on my brother nerves some times. Also, I can put out my anger on the drums. My friends also play the drums and we have a contest of who can play the fastest and who can play the loudest. This is my favorite instrument to play.

Aaron the cello dude said...

I play the cello and the piano. I have the song Naturally on my computer because my sister downloaded it on the computer. I actually like it. I has a good beat and I like to sing along with it. I have been playing cello for two years and a half. I like it a lot because it is fun. I am pretty good at it. Jeffrey plays the cello too. We even have the same teacher and meet each other at performances.

Eric said...

I used to play the piano but I quit. I think it is boring. I sometimes still play it though. I am thinking about taking band to do the flute in 5th grade but I might not because that means I have to practice a lot which means I will be staying up more late.

Puja the piano player said...

I play the piano. That's the only instrument that I know. I wanted to play band, but my mom said I have to choose between band and piano. I'm still learning how to play it, so I'm still taking lessons.
I even created my own song, which is "The Dove". I played it in the recital. This year, I am playing "Blue Mood"and "The Merry Go Round" for the recital.

Auboni said...

I play the piano. I have been playing for a while and it is kinda fun! Right now I am doing a duet with my brother. I play songs like Romeo and Juliet, Concerto in Minor,Tales of Vienna woods and more! Piano is really fun if you think about it.:)

Edawrd The Pro Musican said...

I used to play piano but now I play clarinet. I think that playing clarinet is fun because you can make a lot of different sounds. I choose to stop playing piano because I really wanted to be able to play a woodwind instrument. And since I was going to be in 4/5 soon I thought that it would be a perfect choice for band. Now I know how to play more than 20 different songs on my clarinet.

Mihir said...

I just started taking piano classes. I started at the beginning of the school year. To continue my music, I am planning to take band/orchestra in middle school. For the music, you must need practice to go on and succeed. I like to play music because it's fun to play and gives your brain exercise.

Collette ( the girl..) said...

I play the piano and take lessons every Monday, except on holidays. I started piano about six months ago. I like the song "Naturally" by Selena Gomez, "I kissed a girl" by Katy Perry and "American Boy" by Estelle.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK's DAY!!!
NIce post LYNN!!!!

Kaytlin=D said...

I play the piano since I was 6. I have my piano lessons every Tuesday, except if it is a hoiliday or break. Last year I went to band and played the clarinet,but I quited because I thought it was boring.
I might want to try the violin because when I listen to someone playing the violin, I really like the sound of it. Also my aunt has given it to me for me to try learning it. I don't know much of it, but I'm learning!

Abhinav said...

I don't play any instruments, but I really want to play a guitar. i really want to learn Rock N' Roll music. I also want to play the drums, but my dad insists that I play something else like the piano. I was considering if I should choose to go to band, but found out that the instruments they play are not the instruments I want to play.

Mrs. Musician (siddesh) said...

I play the Flute in school for the band. My favorite song is Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas. On the Flute there are 5 notes in a row that you can do very fast the notes are B flat, C, D, E , and F. The Flute is very fun to play on. The songs you can play are easy because the buttons are all near eachother.

Arjun said...

I know how to play the keyboard. I started my class at the end of summer. My recitals are coming soon and I have to play two songs infront of people. My first song is called the Indian Song, I chose it because it has a good beat like Indians playing the drums before war. The other song is quick and fast which is called staccato the opposite of legato. My sister goes to the same class but she plays the guitar and plays cool songs like "You Belong With Me". I hope I do good in the recitals!

Shreya Neogi said...

I also listen to a lot of songs by various artist, so I don't really have a favorite. Just like Lynn, I too play the clarinet. I started in 4th grade.
I also used to play the piano, but I got so bored of it and didn't really enjoy it so I quit.
One instrument I really really want to play is the harp!!! I just love the beautiful sound of it. My mom found a teacher, but the lessons are really expensive.

William the God said...

I play the piano I think the piano is the best instrument because you could play anything like rock and roll, or classical. Some instruments are only for one group. Also if you like a song search the music sheet on the internet and then print it so you could play the song.

Zarah said...

I play two instruments. In 5th grade, I really want to play the flute! The first instrument is the piano. I know how to play Fur Elise(sort of), Happy Birthday and, Muffin man. It is really fun to play! I was playing the trumpet but I quit band. :( It was WAY TO HARD FOR ME!!!!!! It is like really hard because there are only three buttons and you have to remember which note is which. Very confusing. Flute is like my dream instrument. It is so soft!
Nice post Lynn!

*Clara* said...

I like the song "Naturally" and "Magic" by Selena Gomez. I play three instruments which are piano, clarinet, and violin. The songs I like for classical music are Canon in D, Sonate KV 330 by Mozart, and Fantasie Impromptu by Chopin. Those are really beautiful song. Last Saturday, I just did a violin recital. I played Concerto No. 3 in G minor. That is a really hard song so I need to practice a lot. Maybe someday, I will perform my songs to you.

Aditya said...

I use to play the piano but, now I don't because it is very boring. The teacher was really bad. Now, I am planning to maybe play the orchestra in band at middle school. I also have some songs on my IPod. It's really my moms IPod but, I am allowed to use it.

Justin said...

I used to play the piano but later I quit. I may restart piano but since I quit the piano for so long, I might as well forget about the piano. I now play the trumpet in the school band. The trumpet isn't hard when you get used to playing it but at first, it can be a little bit tricky. The high notes are the hardest in my opinion are the high notes.

Unknown said...

I play the piano and would like to play the flute. I like to mess around on the piano and make up songs. A piano has 52 white keys and 36 black keys. The black keys are sharps and flats. In piano there are different positions to keep your hands in. There is G major, F major, C major and many other positions. In the C Major you have your left hand pinki on C. The right hand thumb is on C also. I really like playing the piano.

Sabrina said...

I play the piano. I started last summer. It started becoming hard to practice when school started baecause all the time I had left was at night. I really like the song You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift. Just like my mom, I can't get the tune right and I get off tune, but I know the ;lrics really well.

Jeffrey the ECYS player said...

I play two instruments, cello and piano. My favorite song I have played on the cello is Cello Concerto in C Major bt Josef Haydyn and my favorite piano piece I have played before is Romanian Folk Dances by Bela Bartok. I don't mean to brag, but I am REALLY good at cello. I am on level 8/10 and I am joining a cello competition this April. I play in the ECYS Sonfonietta(level 4/5 orchestra level) and I am the youngest player in the whole orchestra. Last year, I played a level six song named Czardes at the Rockhopper talent show with Richard as my accompanist. I am now basically a pro at that song. In piano, I am at level 8/10 too. I am playing my favorite song, Romanian Folk Dances. What I learned from music theory is that there were and still are four periods of music. The first was Baroque, the period J.S. Bach was in. Baroque music sounds very calm and peaceful. It took place from 1600-1750. The second one was the Classical period which took place from 1751-1800. People in the Classical period included Josef Haydyn. The music sounded very classical. The third period is Romantic music with David Popper. Romantic music is not very romantic but it is very free. You can play at your own tempo and there are many cadenzas(free tempos). The romantic period took place from 1801-1900. The last period is Comtemprorary music which is 1900-present. The greatest composer of the Comtemprorary period is Dimitri Shostocavich. Comtemprorary music always changes tempo and is very difficult. If I don't suceed to be a baseball player, I want to be a musician.

Rebecca said...

I don't play a instrument, but my mom wants me to though. I want to play the trumpet or the trombone. They sound like a lot of fun. I played piano in kindergarten, but didn't like it.

*RacheL* said...

I play three instruments: clarinet, violin, and piano. I think it's kinda easy to play those instruments but you might think differently. I play clarinet in band. My favorite instrument of those is probably violin. I'm learning to play some Pirates Of The Carribean songs on my violin. My favorite's the Moonlight Serenade from the 1st movie of the three. Some of the songs I can play are: "The Black Pearl", "Moonlight Serenade", "Davy Jones", "I've Got My Eye On You", "He's a Pirate", "Jack Sparrow" (sort of), and "The Medallion Calls". There's more but those are the ones I can play.

Leanne said...

I play the piano! I use to play flute in band but I quit because it is to hard and I don't have a lot of time to practice. I only play the piano because I want to learn Fur Elise. I am really close to playing it though! I have been playing piano for one and a half years.

*Soraya* said...

I play the piano. LAst year, I played the trumpet in band, but this year I play piano and I have no time to be practicing two instruments. I think music is a really fun thing to so if you just show dedication by practicing and showing endless effort. Nice post Lynn!

Mahi said...

I don't play any instruments, but I sing. I would love to play a flute and a drum in band. I would love to play a drum because it makes a loud sound, like a THUMP. I like the flute, since it makes a beautiful sound. Also with the flute, you can play lots of songs. I know three songs called the Tango, Adagio, and the Brandenburg. They flow really smoothly. Even though I like other instruments, these are the two that I love most!!

the music player Raymond said...

I play the piano and the clarninet. I have been practicing piano since I was 7(about three and a half years). Some of the songs my piano teacher gave me were very beautiful ones. Those I play a lot. I started playing the clarinet when I was in fourth grade. That was because I attended band and chose the clarinet as my instrument. Right now I'm in the intermediet band. It is the second year I'm attending band. I really like the songs we play such as "Star Wars, Yellow Subarine, and James Bond".

Vincent the non-music person said...

I know how to play the piano, but I don't really like it. I mess up all the time. Piano is my worst subject. I still play easy songs on the piano. I used to have piano class, but now I don't. I want to play another instrument. I don't really have time on the piano because I have to do homework.