Recently, I watched a movie named Hachi. It is a story about the strong bond between a loyal Shiba Inu dog named Hachi and his master who is a professor. As a puppy, Hachi gets lost at a train station and is adopted by an old professor. The professor loves Hachi so much that they build a strong friendship. Every day, Hachi sends off the professor and waits at the train station for the professor to come home. One day, the professor gets a heart attack at school and passes away. But the dog still goes to the train station year after year waiting for the professor to come home until Hachi himself dies at the train station.This story inspired me to research the Shiba Inu dog. Shiba Inus are generally independent and intelligent dogs. They are loyal and affectionate to those who earn their respect. They are small to medium size dogs and they are popular in Japan. Their tails curl up on the back of their hip. They have short fur and are easy to groom. They bond closely with their masters. Unlike most dogs, Shiba Inus do not chase balls or Frisbees at all. Instead, they have fun playing with kids and other pets in the house. They are good at hunting, tracking, guarding, and performing. I like Shiba Inus and I wish to have one someday.Besides Shiba Inus, I like Pomeranians, Yorkshire Terriers, Shih Tzus, Shetland Sheepdogs, and Huskies. Do you like dogs? What kind of dog do you like to raise as a pet or a friend? Have you heard a touching or a funny story about a dog? Do you want to raise a dog after hearing this story?


31 comments:
I am fine with dogs, because basically all my relatives have dogs. My cousin in Washington has a dog that is my chest high, they named him "Clifford" because he is so big. I like dogs sometimes, because you can throw a ball and they fetch it or you can just throw frisbees and they catch it. Dogs are also really attractive to new people, because when I meet a random dog, it comes up to me and starts smelling me or licking me. Blech!
My favorite dogs are golden retrievers and chihuahuas. I like goldoen retrievers because they are really big and they are supposed to very loyal to you. I like chihuahaus because they are really small and cute. My sister's harp teacher has two dogs. One of them is a grown poodle and the other is a puppy(I don't know what breed she is). The puppy is really fun and active but the poodle is very quiet and usually just lies down. Sometimes I wish they could be my dogs so I could have lots of fun playing with them.
I like dogs because they are cute and cuddly. I have a Labradoodle which is a Poodle and a Labrador mixed together. He used to look more like a Poodle, but now he looks like a Labrador. He is almost 70 pounds. He is very cute and is a boy. We call him Latte because his fur color is the color of Lattes. He likes to jump around and lick you. He usually sleeps with my parents because he doesn't like the cold. I have to clean up his "wastes" and then I wash the floor. He is the best dog a person could ever have!
I am not fine with all dogs. For some reason, I always run away from big dogs. I am fine with small dogs like chihuahuas. My friend has a cute chihuahua which always runs around and always likes to eat.The name of the dog is Brady. It is a boy. I like dogs which don't bark at me and don't chase me.
A dog is my favorite animal and I really wish I have one. My cousins have two, but my aunt says they're very messy. I told my mom I wanted a dog ever since I was five and my mom told me I could have one at the age of thirteen. I have never forgotten that I can get a dog at thirteens years old. My mom is surpirsed that I still remember. If I can get one, I would like a golden retriever. Nice post Clara!:D
I LOVE dogs! I have been begging my parents for a dog since I was 3 (I am 9 right now)! It's been 6 years and I still didn't get a dog! I don't even have a pet! I myself is a little worried about having a dog though. That's because our house is really messy. So a lot of times we ave small plates with foods, or some type of food lying around on tables. If we get a dog, the dog will most probably eat some junk and it will get very ill. I really don't want that to happen. That's why I told my mom that if I try to keep the house clean, we can have a dog. I doubt she will get me one. I really want a golden retriever. They are so easily tamable and so cute. I also love chihuahuas. They are so small, cute, and fragile. I have seen some movies about dogs and their owners like "Air Bud", and so on. I have a lot more dogs I love and lot more to talk about them but I don't want to make this comment too long. Thanks! Bye!
I like some dogs like Golden Retrievers, but other dogs just annoy me like anything 'cause they just eat, poop, then ZZZZ. Again they eat, poop,(and play sometimes even a walk),and then ZZZZ again. I LoVe Golden Retrievers because they are very playful and not lazy-butts like some other dogs. When I used to carpool with someone their neighbor let us take their Retriever with us for a 30 min. walk and the dog didn't make any mess.
I really like dogs because they are cute and good companions. Didn't they build a statue in Japan called Hachiko in honor of Hachi when he died? My neighbor has a nasty old bulldog which almost never has a leash on. I like Shih-Tzus because they are so cute and they have like a cute little button nose and they're just so cute! I also like Golden Retrievers because they are cute and active and friendly. My dad grew up with so many pets which were some dogs and a whole bunch of cats. My aunt has a cat and a golden retriever puppy named Isabelle of Blue Hills or just Isabelle. They used to have a golden retriever named Abbie but then Abbie got old so they got Isabelle and later Abbie died. :( But Golden Retrievers never really stop being puppies. I have read two touching stories of dogs: White Fang and Kavik the Wolf Dog. It's wierd because both of those books are about a dog who is half wolf and half dog and they get rescued by someone who really loves them. Read those books to see what happens!
I LOVE dogs. Even though I don't have a dog, I know what it is like to have one. Once, when I went to my friend's house, he had a dog. It felt really good petting and hugging the dog. The bad part about liking and wanting pets is that my parents don't like dogs. My mom thinks pets are very dirty and causes a lot of hard work. I vowed that I would get a dog or cat someday.
I have liked dogs since I was born basically. I like Dalmatians like the ones in 101 Dalmatians, Labradoodles( they are a mix of poodles and labradors), Golden Retriever, Labrador Retrievers, Shiba Inu’s, and many other type of dogs. I have not heard any touching dog stories but yes, this story that you stated was definitely very touching and has made me want a dog(technically I already really wanted a dog).
My dad had a shitsu as a pet. The dog's mame was Teesha. My dad says it is a great expereince being a owner of a dog. He says before I get a dog I have to be more responsible. My mom says I have to start of small like getting a fish. My fish died so I have to wait a little longer. I would like having a shitsu or a golden retriever. It would be fun having a dog waiting for me after school.
We will probably never get a dog because my mom is scared of dogs.Another reason is that Sriya, my younger sister, doesn’t like dogs, and that only my dad really wants to get a dog. (I’m kind of neutral.)
I do know some stories about dogs, though. There are some easy-to-read books about Biscuit, a playful puppy. Biscuit looks like a golden retriever.
There is also a book series with the books “Stories to Tell to Your Dog”, “More Stories to Tell to Your Dog, “Stories to Tell to Your Cat”, and “More Stories to Tell to Your Cat”.
In “Stories to Tell to Your Dog”, there are three short stories with colorful illustrations, and they include a story about getting muddy (as a dog) and chasing cats.
I am fine with MOST dogs. The dogs I am not fine with are the young and hyper active ones. I am not fine with them because they bark and jump on you a lot. The breed I like best and want the most is either a bulldog or a Shiba Inu. I want a bulldog primarly because my friend has one and it is really obedient. I want a Shiba Inu because I think that it will be very loyal to you. Even though I badly want one my mom won't let me because she has had a bad experience with one.If I could get one it would fun to have it picking me up after school.
Nice post Clara!!!
I don't really like dogs. Some dogs bark at each other until they are far away. Some dogs smell me when I pass by. The good part about dogs is that they are really protective. I like play fetch with the dog. I throw a ball and the dog fetches it back. I want a golden retriever. I like to pet the dogs. Some dogs come up to me and like me.
I haven't had any experience with dogs, so I don't really know about my favorite breed. I would probably want a dog that is tame, intelligent, and easy to take care of. The breed that may fall into this category would be a shiba inu or a golden retriever. I do not want to raise a dog because it costs so much money to take care of them, and because you need to care for them so much. I would like to take care of one because I could play with it and have fun with it.
I love dogs SO much; I can't bear to have another! What does that mean? Dogs, in general, only live up to 15 years. That means no matter how much you love your pet, it will die before you do. Sometimes, it could be worse. Can you imagine holding on to your dog and watching the vet put it to death? Unfortunately, I had to. My dog Xiao Hay was so sick with a tumor in her stomach, another day of living would just be another day of torture. My sister went to the vet with me, but she could not even look at our dog, let alone holding on to our dog when the vet injected the lethal shot to put her to sleep, forever. I spoke to Xiao Hay softly, right before she died, and wished her a good journey and no more pain. She seemed to understand me, and died peacefully. Yet, even after 20 or more years, I still remember that moment when her body started to collapse in my arms. I have had experience raising five dogs during different period of my life, but I treasured and took care of all of them. My dear students, owning a dog is indeed a huge responsibility, and requires a lot of work to keep it healthy and clean. Like Mihir said, it could also be very expensive. If you don't have one yet, think of what Arjun shared, and you could start with some small pet to build your experience. If you have one now, great! Enjoy your life with it, because our pets do not have the same lifespan like we do.
I do love dogs. Some of my friends have dogs. My mom had two dogs when she was a kid, named Yo-Yo and Toshi. Yo-Yo stole part of a ham in the kitchen when my mom was little. It still makes her laugh. I read the book Hachi at my grandma's house because she thought I would like it.
Wow, most of you love dogs (just like me)! I don't really care if the little ones bite me because I think it will hurt just a little. I like most of the dogs but I don't like the others. I don't like Shar-peis, Foo Foos, Poodles (sort of), and Bull dogs. I wish to have a Shiba Inu or a Pomeranian when I have my next birthday. My cousin has a Shiba Inu and his brother has a Poodle. They are both SO cute (but I don't really like Poodles)! My cousin is really busy so I think he doesn't want his dog to mate. I hope you share more with us!
I LOVE dogs. But not all. I don't really like the Bull dogs and Pugs.
They look kind of ugly. My favorite dogs are chihuahuas. They are so tiny and cute. Once, I saw a chihuahua puppy. It was so tiny!!! I also watched a movie called Beverly Hills Chihuahua. It was about a chihuahua who ran away from its owner and another dog who saved it. Then, another chihuahua helped the owner find the lost chihuahua. It was a very cute movie. I wish I could get a dog of my own. If I could, I would get a tan color baby chihuahua and name it Lucky afer a dog in a game I have called Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends.
Great post Clara!!!
I would like a dog. Plus,I have read the book Hachi. I used to be scared of dogs, but some of my friends like dogs. I have a story about it, let me tell you. They are from Japan and they moved here last year. They(my friends) had a friend who had a dog(of a mix of chihuau and corgi).He was going on vacation so he ask them to take care of it while he was gone. So when I went to their house I had so much fun. Another time was when my frineds were going to the dog park meeting the same dog with the owner my friends invited me to come along. I saw many types of dogs there, I petted some of the small dogs as I walked by them. We all enjoyed playing with the dogs at the park.
I kind of like dogs. My favorite breed would be German Shepards. My grandparents had a dog, but it just recently passed away. I really want to adopt a dog myself, but my parents say I'm not responsible enough. I don't like small dogs like chihuahaus. I also don't like dogs that live on the streets.
I like dogs a lot. My favorite type of dog is a golden retriever, but they shed lots of fur. After hearing this story, I do not want to raise a dog. I don't have a dog in the United States. I have a dog in India. Its name is "Krishna". The dogs that I like are strong and big. The bad part is that I am allergic to dog fur. So, I am only allowed to have a fish. I would love to have a pet!!!!!!!
I like dogs a lot I had two dogs. one died of cancer and one ran away. I would raise a dog as both because you feed a pet but not a friend and you show that your affections toward a friend. I heard many stories about dogs most of the story shows the dogs loyalty toward their masters.
I really like the breed husky and German Shepard. Once I went to this pet store and I was so close to getting a golden retiever named Oscar but it started pooping and my mom said I couldn't get it becaquse of that! A other time is when I went to this place called Humane Society and I really liked a husky that was there and when I said sit, it sat! But the person there said that if you want to adopt this dog, you will have to take its twin!Soooooo not fair!
I'm cool with dogs... but not big ones. Between 1-10 for how much I like dogs is 7,8 or 9. I like dogs and puppies because they are playful, cute and cuddly. I would want to raise a small dog but, I can't because I travel a lot and don't think my mom would want a dog running in our house. When I'm living by myself I would want to raise a dog.
I like dogs. I like Cats better. I love playing with dogs because they are cute when they chew on a ball. My friend has a dog and he once chased me. Once I was in the field of Portal and I was running and a dog chewed my shoe off! That was crazy! I kind of want to have a dog.
Nice post Clara!! :)
There is only one dog in the whole world that I like and the dog lives in Sacremento. The dog belongs to my parents' friends and my parents' friends lives in Sacremento. I like that dag a lot because whenever we go to Sacremento to see my parents' friends or they come to see us, the dog jumps up and down at me and then the dog stands by me. He always obeys me and he also knows a few tricks. He knows how to shake peoples hands and he knows how to roll over. I sometimes feed him a cookie or give him water. He used to listen to me but now he is deaf so he can't listen to anyone. To make him sit, I have to pat his butt. It is much harder to tell him to do tricks. He is now twelve years old(he's older than me!). I just don't hope he dies soon.
I like dogs but I am kinda scared of them too. Big dogs are really scary for me! Like once, I saw a big dog and every one was petting it but I was backing away! Then there are the cutest little puppies which I am not scared of at all. If I were to have a dog I would have a golden retriever puppy so when it grows up I'll be used to it and can trust that it wont bite me
I like dogs a lot, but I prefer cats. I still want a dog, though. The only reason my parents will not allow me to get a dog is that they think I am not resposible enough for one. That is why they let me start with something smaller, a fish. after the fish died, we got a guinea pig. Now, we have a bird. Hopefully my parents will let me have a dog one day!!!
I like dogs. I'd like to own a dog but our landlord wouldn't allow it. If I could have a dog I'd like it to be a German Sheperd. They can help you protect your home from theives when you are gone away from home. They only thing I'm afraid if I had a dog is that the dog might destroy our house when I am gone. I also don't want clean up after the dog when it goes to the bathroom.
I love dogs a lot. I wish I could have one but first my mom is afraid of them and second because they are very expensive. Right now I only have some fish, but most of them died.
There are are many touching and inspiring dog movies like Clara watched. One I watched was called Lassie. It's about this poor boy who has a dog but their family can't take care of him, so they have to sell him. Lassie(the dog) loves the boy so much that he would do anything to get to him. Once he went over half around the world just for him.
Post a Comment