Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Saturday, February 27, 2010

What you did over the February Break

By: Zarah

Bring!!!!! Time to get up! No...... WELL WHAT DID YOU DO OVER THE BREAK????!!!!!! I first had many playdates! I had one playdate with me best friend. She came over to my house and we had loads of fun. At the same time, we did some learning like doing my speech. =( I also did kitchen science. That was the most fun along with the playdates! Every morning, I practiced for my speech. Now I'm kinda prepared! What did you do over the break? I AM DYING TO KNOW!!!!!!!

25 comments:

Eric The king of boredom said...

I admit. I did was bored out of my life. Heck, I was so bored, I could have died of boredom. I was practicly the king of the bored people. But if you really want to know what I did, I will tell you. I would wake up, brush my teeth, eat breakfast, do my homework, eat lunch, do my homework, eat dinner, did I mention do my homework yet?

Da Master Of Enjoyment(Jonathan) said...

Over my break, I celebrated my birthday with a sleepover, Aaron came over and my other friends and we did many fun things together. I slept over at my uncles house for three days since my mom and dad had to do some ministry at a hotel and me and my brother had no where to go, but our uncles house. At my uncles house, there was no one to tell me to do something, so I was free the whole day! I played computer basically the whole day until 10, the we will watch the Olympics. Instead of that, I stayed home and played a lot of video games. Tis is exactly what I did over my break.

Aaron The Enyjoyer said...

I went to Jonathan's birthday party and we had a lot of fun. We slept over and we said that we were going to wake up at six in the morning and go to the park, but none of us woke up early except for me. I woke up at like six-thirty. We didn't even go to the park until ten. I basically played computer the whole time and read books. I am done with my reading contract. I celebrated my birthday with a little party and I got some presents. I was happy about my presents and I didn't ask for more.

Mahi said...

I did a bunch of things over the break. First, I slept on the coach, while snoring. Next, I went to classes and I watched a movie every night. I slept at midnight on most of the days or otherwise I went to a party and played with friends. Lastly, I had an allergy test. I was not allergic to any food. The allergy test did not hurt at all; it was just a couple of little pricks. I had 17 little shots on my hands. The things that I am allergic to are carpet, pollen (tree leafs with ants on them), and also dust mites. All in all, I had a great break!

*RacheL* said...

I didn't do much over the break except sleep and eat. I stayed up late almost every day and then I stayed in bed in the morning until about 12 o'clock, then I would eat breakfast, do homework if I had any, play computer until my mom yelled at me to get off, and then eat lunch, go to swim practice for 2 hours, and get home, shower, eat dinner, go to bed. Also sometimes me, my mom, and my brother would watch a movie on TV.

KaYtLiN said...

I did not do much this break compared to the winter break. This break I watched a movie at the theater and went to Santa Cruz. So maybe I did do some activites. At Santa Cruz I climb up a small hill and saw some tidepools I think. There were snails and mussles. What was cool were these anenomes. When you touch the center it closes itself. It felt very funny. That was all. Wait I also think that I watched a movie on my T.V.

Unknown said...

Over the break, I had lots of fun. I usually never watch T.V. unless it is a movie, but I had an excuse. THE OLYMPICS WERE ON. I went to bed at about 10:00 p.m. almost every day. On Monday I went on a hike with my dad, my sister,and my sister's friend. It took four hours and we walked 6.3 miles. After the hike I was exhausted. On Tuesday all I did was sit at home, so I read for my reading contract. On wednesday, Thursday, and Friday I had Playdates. All in all, I had a fun break.

Sabrina said...

I was soooooooo bored. i had to go to chinese school (except on Presidents Day) adn type chiense for like everyday but Friday because at my chinese school, we get cooking class and art class for attending the school. On Presidents Day, my cousins were at my house already and they went to San Frann to have some fun and I went there to go to the Academy of Sciences. My mom spent like over 15 minutes to get a parking because she did not want to pay and park at the parking garage but at the end we parked at the garage. My mom decided to park at the garage from now on because it was so easy to find where we wanted to go.

!@#$%^&*() SIDDESH said...

During the break I was doing my speech, playing Wii, going outside to bicycle,playing Wii,watching movies, and I went to Shaan's birthday party(it was awesome.)On the days I didn't do any of that I either sleep or go to my cousins house/friends.

Lynn =) said...

During the February break I just stayed home. We were going to go to Lake Tahoe but the last time we went during a break, it was really crowded. This time, we went on the weekend after the break. Sometimes, I played with my neighbor. I also watched the Olympics. Mostly figure skating, skiing, and snowboarding. I always
went to sleep late and woke up late.

Great post Zarah!!!

Puja the Person Who Didn't Think She Would Run Into Someone From School said...

I have to admit, it was kind of boring, but I went to plenty of friends' houses.
I went to Soraya and Jasmine's house. I also went to Andrea's house.
You know how some people buy adorable baby chicks for Easter? There aren't many things cuter than a baby chick. People buying baby chicks forget how fast they become chickens, and there aren't many things that are so not cute than a chicken.
Well, Andrea got chicks last year, and now she has chickens. They're supposed stay in the backyard, but that day, they felt commpelled to sneak in the garage, into the kitchen, in the living room. It was very funny.
We did go skiing:
We went to BOREAL, a ski resort.
I finally figured out how to take turns properly(I go to classes), and actually went on a big lift without crashing at the top. However, something funny happened.
There's a short answer and a long answer to what happened.
Here's the short answer:
I heard Shoumil in the parking lot, and later saw his dad.
Here's the long answer:
Shoumil is in my DI team. My parents found out his family were going to BOREAL. So I knew he was ther. However, I never thought I would run into him, or hear him say "Hey Puja!" across the parking lot, and then run into his dad.
SMALL WORLD, EH?

Nidhi the twele year old said...

I did not have February break!!!! Stratford did have President's Day off, though. I went to the California Academy of Sciences. The crowd was amazing! Or what was amazing was that there was no crowd! There were a lot of people, but not a whole lot of rush. Many people were skiing and the CAS was only open half day, so there was not much crowd.

I had my birthday on a school day and it was great! My English teacher had the same birthday as me and the class sang Happy Birthday to both of us. It was even better because Ms. Scott is a very nice teacher and she gave us all candies! Everyone said "Happy Birthday!" and I really enjoyed that day. I also got a math award on my birthday!

Edward The Party Boy said...

I have to admit I actually did have some fun that week. First of all I went skiing. It was really fun, especialy when I got to see a REAL rescue when a person got knocked out when she skiid into a tree. It was really cool how the rescue people skiid down the mountain carring a sled behind them. The second fun thing I had was at afterschool. Normaly they don't allow any electronics, but they let us bring any electronic we wanted.( except computers and T.V.'s) As you can see, I had a nice break

LeAnNe said...

Over the February Break , I watched many movies like Avatar, Up, G Force, 9, and Aussie and Ted. All of these movies were really good! I also went to this place called the 17 Miles Drive. It was a really cool place. They had different spots to go. Two of my most favorite spots in the 17 Miles Drive was the spotted seals place because there was this really cute seal that did some funny movement with its flippers. The other place was one of the beaches there because me and my family found lots of pretty shells. Especially abalone shells! There was many BIG abalone shells! They were really pretty! My youngest sister found the most beautiful abalone shell, I found the most, and my second oldest sister found the biggest.

*Clara ;)* said...

During February Break, I went to Oakland for US Open Piano Competition. I had four songs to play. I needed to go on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. On Tuesday, I played the song from Haydn called Sonata in Bb Major. There was no age limit so I competed with Middle school kids. I was so happy that I won second place!!!!!!!!!!! Even though it was a break, I was very busy. But, it gave me a good experience.

Abhinav said...

My break was really boring. I could do nothing fun. Everyday I just get up, eat breakfast, do work, eat dinner, and sleep. The only thing I did in the whole break that was fun was go to a birthday party. Well, I also watched a movie, but it was really boring and doesn't make sense. I hope I get to do at something fun next time I have a break or vacation.

Jeffrey the video game master said...

I played a ton of computer and video games over the break. I also found out which baseball team I am going to and I also ended my basketball season. It was sad seeing all my teammates leave but most of my teammates said they would come back next year. We won second place in our division! I finally had a pre-birthday party with my family and my mom got me the video game Little League World Series as my birthday present. It was an awesome break! Now I can't wait for the April Break.....

The fun girl (Collette) said...

What did I do over the break? I did lots!
I had friends come over to my house to play. We had a lot of fun!
Next, I practiced for my speech! I had to practice every day.
On Saturday I woke up at 6:30 to go to Stockton! It was an hour and a half drive. We had to be there at 9:00 for my Karate tournament! I won a gold and bronze medal!

Shrila:) said...

My break wasn't as great as I expected but I still had a great time. We didn't go anywhere far, but we still had fun. I had two sleepovers! One of the sleepovers, were at my friend Varsha's house, and at that time she was babysitting a dog named Skittles! Skittles is so cute! I have seen him before many times, but I never get tired of seeing him. Also, that day was the first time that I got to give him a bath with my friend! I got to admit though, it was hard work. Good thing I brought a change of clothes! Skittles jumped all over the place, and he kept shaking so we would get soaking wet! We also took him for a walk to the park. We played so much at the park! I had a lot of fun there! My second sleepover was really fun too! Even after the sleepovers, there were so many parties! And one of the best parts, was that our family and a friend's family were planning to go to the movie "Avatar" together. However, it ended up that the tickets were sold out for that time. We all felt really bad. But then we saw that in another hour, the movie "Percy Jackson and the Lighting Thief" played. We realized that the ice-cream shop "Cold Stone Creamery" was close by! In the end, it ended up that we ate ice-cream, went to The Lighting Thief, and then went to Avatar! Two movies in one day! That is awesome! so as you can see, my break was great!

Justin said...

During the break, I was really bored. There wern't any class during the break so I went to my grandparents house for a sleepover for the whole week. That wasn't new for me. Their house is approximately 1.5 km away. I had to go there because my mom was overseas in Hong Kong in China. In my Grandparent's house, I got to watch a lot of TV because that was the only thing my grandparents would ever do except going to a senior center and gambling with our relatives. We only watched Cantonese TV shows of the 14th to the 20th century. Other than that, I practiced my speech, some relatives came over, and we went out to my grandparent's vast backyard to play ball, ride the ripstick, run around, and water numerous amounts of flowers.

Rebecca said...

Over the break I went to Mammoth Mountain to ski. It is great there. I went skiing every day and had so much fun. The last time my mom went there was when she was a kid and its changed so much she said. I got snow down my pants and beat my sister at skiing.

Soraya said...

I was BORED OUT OF MY SKULL over the break. Yes, Puja came over to my house once.I also went to a birthday sleepover and went to sleep at like 4:00 in the morning. That is pretty much all we did. Booooooorrrriiiiiiinnnng.

Shreya Neogi said...

I didn't do much over the break. I stayed home most of the days, but on some days I went to my after-day care. It was really BORING cause I couldn't or didn't know what to do. The only thing I did that was fun was that I had a play date with Auboni! Because her parents wanted to look at my new, remolded home, but Auboni stayed!

Vincent said...

Over the break, I went to Chinese school and I could bring hand-held video games there. On the weekends I practiced piano or do my homework. The best day was Sunday because I watched Percy Jackson and the Olympians The Lightning Thief. The movie was the best movie.

Anonymous said...

Over the break, I went to India. I visited my relatives and visited a lot of places.The bad part about my trip was that I was really sick. The good part part about the trip was that I got to watch a lot of T.V. in my uncles house and play cricket.I also did boring stuff like doing homework.Sometimes, I would be really bored if there wasn't anything good on T.V. So, all I would do is sleep. This is what I did during the break.