Percy Jackson and the Olympians By: Jeffrey
Have you ever wondered why Percy Jackson books are so popular? I will give you a review of the series today. If you never read the series before, I highly encourage you to read one. Here is my review: Percy Jackson’s end of the life started in the first book, The Lightning Thief. He was in a field trip with his school(Yancy Academy), to the Greek Legend Museum. Is Percy a bad kid? You could say that. He has been kicked out of every school that he went to. For example, in his previous school, they went on a field trip to the Revolutionary War Battlefield. Percy was curious of the cannons and he went to them. He then got so curious that he fired one. Percy wasn’t aiming for the school bus but he still got fired anyway. So anyway, Percy was going to the Greek Legend Museum with his school and he thought this field trip might be good because of the teacher that was guiding him. There was Mr. Brunner, a very nice history teacher, Ms. Greyhol, a very nice science teacher, and Mr. Doju, a very nice social studies teacher. Unfortunately, there was Mrs. Dodds, a mean math teacher. Ms. Dodds didn’t like Percy and his best friend Grover and instead, she preferred Nancy Bobofit, a total kleptomaniac and Percy’s worst enemy. At the museum, Percy and Grover started braking out a conversation and Mr. Brunner was guiding people through the museum. They saw statues of Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, and more gods and godesses. Soon, it was lunchtime. Percy and Nancy started fighting and then Percy spanked Nancy so hard that Nancy told Mrs. Dodds. Percy had to go to a room with Mrs. Dodds and when Percy was there, Mrs. Dodds roared then she turned into a Furie monster! That means Mrs. Dodds wasn’t a regular person, she was a monster. Right when the Furie lunged, Mr. Brunner threw a ballpoint pen at Percy and told him to uncap it. Percy obeyed and the pen turned into a sword! Percy quickly killed the Furie. Percy then learned he was a half-blood, which means half human half Greek God. He found out that he was the son of Poseidon(sea god). He went to Camp Half-Blood where he learned to fight like a half-blood. He met new people like Annabeth Chase, daughter of the godess Athena, Charles Beckendorf, son of the god Hephaestus, and Luke Castellan, son of the god Hermes. He also found out Mr. Brunner was a centaur named Chiron(activities director of Camp Half-Blood) and Grover who is a satyr. One day, Chiron wanted to talk to Percy. This is what he said “ Zeus’s lightning bolt is the strongest weapon on Earth…… It has been stolen.” Percy got sent on a quest to find the master bolt with Grover and Annabeth. He also found out that his mom had been turned into a pile of gold. On the way, he battles a Minotaur monster and gets a new weapon, the Minotaur horn. He also got the ballpoint pen weapon, named Riptide. To learn who steals the master bolt, read The Lightning Thief. In the second book, The Sea of Monsters, Grover gets kidnapped by a Cyclops. The thing is that Cyclops’ like to eat satyrs and this Cyclops thinks Grover is a lady Cyclops so he wants to marry Grover. On the day of the wedding, the Cyclops will sniff around for a satyr to eat which means he will eat GROVER! Meanwhile, a daughter of Zeus named Thalia got turned into a tree before. Now the tree is poisoned. Zeus thinks Chiron poisoned the tree so Zeus fired Chiron. The new activities director is a careless man named Tantalaus so he sends Clarisse La Rue, son of Ares to free Grover. Percy thinks Clarisse won’t try her best because she is a bully so Percy and Annabeth sneak off to free Grover. They arrive right at the wedding and the Cyclops has catched Grover. Grover somehow convinces the Cyclops that he tastes better with mango slices and the Cyclops says that the wedding is postponed until tomorrow. That means that the Cyclops is going to marry Clarisse and eat Grover!!! How is Percy going to free Grover and Clarisse and how is Percy going to convince Zeus that Chiron didn’t poison Thalia’s tree? Read The Sea of Monsters to find out. The third book is called The Titan’s Curse. The Titan’s are bad guys and now they have trapped down Annabeth and Artemis. Artemis is a goddess of archery and maidens. The Hunters(Artemis’ workers) want to free Artemis and Percy and Grover want to free Annabeth. The Hunter in charge named Zoe Nightshade goes with Percy, Grover, and Thalia(who is no longer a tree) on a quest along with another Hunter named Bianca de Angelo to save Annabeth and Artemis. In the middle of the quest they all face a Titan general and a manticore monster named Dr. Thorn and some skeleton monsters which they had some struggles against and Bianca de Angelo dies. When they get to Mount Tam(the Titan base where Annabeth and Artemis are trapped), they face a strong Titan named Atlas who is also Zoe’s dad. Will Annabeth and Artemis be saved? Will anyone else die? Read the book The Titan’s Curse to find out. The fourth book is called Battle of the Labyrinth and the Titan’s and their monsters are getting ready to attach Camp Half-Blood. They are using the Labyrinth to get in the camp because there are magic borders around the camp so they can’t charge in. Annabeth leads a quest to the Labyrinth with Percy, Grover, and Percy’s half- brother Tyson. They try to find Daedulus(the creater of the maze) to stop the Titan’s from going through the maze. Since the maze goes around the world, they start like in New York and in one hour, they are in San Francisco. They land on the Hoover Dam where they meet Briares, who is a Hundred-Handed One good guy monster. In the Hoover Dam, they meet Kampe, a poison monster. They finally get in an entrance of the Labyrinth and Kampe is left outside. When they finally get help by a regular person named Rachel Elizabeth Dare, they make it to the Labyrinth where they meet Daedulus. He says he has given the answer of the maze to Camp Half-Blood to Luke(who has turned bad) and they are preparing an attack. Percy becomes angry and he tells Chiron and the whole camp prepares for battle. Will Camp-Half Blood fall to pieces or will they win this attack? Read Battle of the Labyrinth to find out. The last book is called The Last Olympian. The Great Prophecy has been finally read and Percy has to find a way to defeat Kronos(the Titan King). If Percy wins, Kronos dies, if Kronos wins, Percy dies. Percy and his friends fight all the monsters on Earth. He gets help from the owner of the Hudson river and the East river because he gave both of them a sand dollar. Many good ones die and the final battle is held. Will Percy die painfully? Or will Kronos die for good? Read the Last Olympian to find out. I hope you haven’t fallen asleep reading my post. What is your favorite book series? If you have read these book, who is your favorite character? If you haven’t, would you like to read one of the Percy Jackson books?



19 comments:
Hooray! My second book review!
Oh yeah, if you want to visit the Percy Jackson websites go to rickriordan.com. (Rick Riordan is the author's name.) If you want to visit Rick Riordan's blog, visit rickriordan.blogspot.com.
I only have to say one thing...
PERCY JACKSON & THE OLYMPIANS ARE DA COOLEST PEOPLE IN DA WORLD!!!!!
Ok, I'm done now..
My favorite book series are Percy Jackson and the Olympians. My favorite book in the series is The Last Olympian. I like it because there is a huge war between the greek monsters such as The Minotaur, The Drakon, and many more vs. the demigod kids. My favorite character is Nico because since he is the son of the god Hades (The lord of the dead), he can make dead people rise from the ground which I think is pretty cool. I also like the part when Percy fights Kronos (The Lord of The Titians).
I have seen the movie "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief" before. It was a really cool movie. After I saw the movie, I really wanted to read the book. I still want to, but I keep forgetting to ask my mom to take me to the library. All of my friends told me that the book are great. I can't wait until I read it.
I am still reading Battle of the Labyrinth. So far I like Titans Curse the most out of all of them. I like Percy the most because he is a brave and adventures person. I also like Tyson because he is very gentle and kind to others. (Especially Percy) So now that I know about the books I really want to see it in the movie theatre.
The Percy Jacksons Series rocks! I read and have the whole series. I learn a lot of Greek mythology and Greek gods from reading it. The books give a descriptive picture of what is going on. My favorite book in the Percy Jackson Series is the last book The Last Olympian because the book mainly tells a battle between the good side and the dark side.
My favorite book series is Avalon Web of Magic. I watched the movie "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief" last, last Saturday. I think I am one of the early people to watch it. Since I have never read the books before Ithought it was a good movie. Now I want to read all the books because many people think that it is really good and exciting.
My favorite series of books this year is Charlie Bone. But last year was Percy Jackson. I read the book 20 times I kind of memorized the book. Also once you start studying greek mythology then you will think Percy Jackson series is boring. My favorite character in the series is Nico.
I love the Percy Jackson series. You learn a lot about Greek mythology. My favorite book is the last book because there is a huge war and Percy is so brave. My favorite character is Annabeth (daughter of Athena goddess of wisdom) because she is smart and brave.I really want to see the movie now that my mom finished reading the book. I got the whole set for Christmas and didn't start reading them till now.
I would love to read this series!!! The way Jeffrey described it sounds very interesting (especially becuase I love reading fantasy books) I'm going to try reading these on of these days. Nice post Jeffrey!
(I did not read the blog, because I already know ending of all the books.)I like the series of Percy Jackson, because it is awesome. My favorite character is Percy, because he is the son of Poseiden and I Poseiden is a cool god. Percy's weapon is Riptide, a sword that was disguised as a pen. Even idf Percy threw the pen away, it will always come back to him.(Interesting) Everyonr is cool in the story and all the gods are cool.
My favorite book series are Narnia. I have finished reading the third book today. I didn't watch "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief" because I didn't have that much time and my brother was to busy too. I really like to watch the movie or the book. Some of my friends said the books are really good and have good endings.
My favorite book series is Goosebumps. Goosebumps is my favorite series because it is where I get all my creepy ideas from. My favorite book from the series is Monster Blood III. It is my favorite from like 60 books because in the book this boy named Evan and his (girl)friend are going to Evan's house and an annoying little creep(like me!) annoys them. One time he even did the girl's math but did it all wrong. Finally one time they were fighting for a candy bar and Evan ate a clump of monster bloode and turned humungo! Here's a sneak preiview of the book Monster Blood III.
---!!!@@##$$%%^^&&**(())__++..... Siddesh
I read the whole Percy Jackson series. My favorite character is Percy. I haven't watched the movie yet, but I really do want to. My favorite book in the series is Battle of the Labrynith. I also like The Last Olympian. By the way, I heard Rick Riordan is making a new series of Camp Half Blood. I can't wait to read it.
I like the books but I like the movies better. His teacher turned into a weird bird-monster and grabbed him in the museum. Every bad guy says,"Where is the lightning bolt." to Percy, and he says,"I don't have it." I want to read the Battle of the Laybrinth (the fourth book).
Yo, wasup rm 24, this is Aunoy.
This series is one of my favorite, because I learned a lot about greek myths, so I was happy to read this book which incorporated it very well into the story. Last Friday, I went to watch the movie, and I am a very critical movie watcher. If I see like 10yr olds having girlfriends or boy friends, that drives me insane. Also when characters do the most stupidest things, that wants to make me shoot the dvd. So being a fan of the Percy Jackson series, you can imagine how angry I must be. They added too many things that were not originally in the book, therefore killing off the chances of makeing a sequel (or at least an average one). They completely forgot about Kronos,the MAIN ANTAGONIST OF THE ENTIRE PLOT OF THE ENTIRE SERIES!!! Persephone's pearls... how do you come up with such a pathetic idea? There have been no mention of "Persephone's Pearls" in anything I've ever read in my lifetime. Besides, Persephone is the goddess of springtime. So to conclude this crazy long comment, I think the movie sucked, and I liked the books.
My sister made me not use any bad words in this comment. Thank you.
I would like to read the books. One time I stole Aunoy's book, I think it was The Lightning Thief...but I really enjoyed it! Too bad I never had the time to read it. I would now but its just the pages are torn so.....ya. Many people said the movie was great (except for my bro) I want to see it but I want to read it first. I really like the adventure theme, like about Greek gods and a cool journey. It is really addicting!!! I cant wait to check it out from Mrs.Yu's mini library.
I like the Percy Jackson Series because it is cool and has a lot of adventure.I really want to watch the movie. It seems like a lot of fun. I have read all the books and my favorite one is The Battle of the Labryinth. I like that one because they talk about Daeduleous who I am interested in. I also like that book because there is a lot of fighting.
Some of my favorite series of books are Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Nancy Drew. I have read a few Nancy Drew books including " The Mystery of the Old Clock." I think they are very good books. The books I have read in the series Diary of a Wimpy Kid are the first book, the second, and I have done the do it yourself book. As you can see, I really enjoy the series of books Nancy Drew and Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
Post a Comment