By:Aaron The Winter Olympics have always excited me. I can't wait to watch those pro athletes fight for the medals. It has been very exciting these past few years. I want to see the luges the most because it is a sport that I have never heard of. I also want to watch the skiing contests because I have never seen that either. Have any of you watched the Summer Olympics? My favorite sport from the Summer Olympics was the swimming contests because I saw that it was a very close call to Michael Phelps. My mom's favorite sport is badminton and volleyball. If you guys would like to share your experience of watching the Olympics or doing Olympics like the children Olympics, please write to this blog because many of us would like to hear about it.
Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed
Friday, February 5, 2010
The Olympics
Posted by
Mrs. Yu
at
2:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



18 comments:
I have watched the Olympics before. It really excites me. My favorite sport in the Winter Olympics is ice-skating. I was hoping that Sasha Cohen would get selected for it. Sadly, she didn't. I can't wait for the 2010 Winter Olympics to come. I am definitely going to watch it on the television. In the Summer Olympics, my favorite sport is swimming. It's really fun to watch people swimming as fast as they can and using all the strength they got.
Great post Aaron!
I have watched the Olympics many time. In the Summer Olympics, I like to watch the swimming contests, because I think Michael Phelps is a good swimmer and he usually gets all the gold medals. I like about the Winter Olympics, is the snowboarding and skiing competitions, because I like to ski, and I want to try snowboarding.
I like to watch the Olympics, but my dad annoys me and says "Who won?" and "What happened?" and I can't hear half of the stuff they're saying. My favorite game is probably going to be skiing because I have a lot of experience and I will understand it better than luge, ice-skating, and many more I don't know well.
-SSIIDDEESSHHOOO
I have never watched the Olympics. I really want to though. I don't even know what channel it is in! And anyway, I bet my dad won't really care for the Olympics and he will always hog up the t.v. I really hope that I watch it this year! Just like Aaron, I don't know what Luge is either. I have never heard of that sport. That's why I am going to look it up, and find out what it is. Well, I got tons of homework to do! Bye!
I like to watch the Olympics a lot. My favorites sport in the Winter Olympics is skiing and snowboarding. My favorite sports in the Summer Olympics are swimming and running.My favorite player in swimming is Micheal Phelps but, I don't like Micheal Phelps that much because he is drunk. My favorite running athlete is Usain Bollt because he is really speedy. I don't know who to cheer on in the Winter Olympics because I don't know that much athletes except Sasha Cohen and Lindsey Vonn. Nice post Aaron!!!!
Wathching the Olympics is fun. I like watching different countie's star basketball players compete with each other. Last year the United States won the gold medal for basketball. Go USA!. Swimming is also one of the sports I like watching. The unbeatable Michael Phelps is in the USA!. It's just too bad that he took the drug marijuana.
I ave watched the Olympics many times. I watched the last Summer Olympics too. My favorite winter Olympic sport is skiing. Its so fast and you need to have control of the skis. My favorite Summer Olympic sport is gymnastics because I do it and It's so much fun flipping in the air and being so high .
I have watched the Olympics before. It always cheers me up when I am sad. My favorite sport in the Summer Olympics is swimming. I swim too so I would like to see how the professionals swim like Michael Phelps. I like gymnastics too. I think that the gymnasts (Shawn Johnson, Erin, Susan Francia, Misty May, Betsey Armstrong, Nastia, Emily Cross, and Mariel Zagunis) all inspired me by their movements and their graceful steps.
Great Post Aaron!
I have watched the summer olympics before, but have never seen the winter olympics. I want to really watch it this time. I don't know what luge is either. I'm looking forward to the hockey games and snowboarding events. I hope USA gets a lot of gold medals.
The Olymics are the best sport event! I really like skiing because it is really cool to watch professionals going full speed down the mountain. I really think places which have freezing temperartures have advantages because of all the snow. In the Summer Olympics, it is fun too see track and field because the USA is really god in that.Watching the olympics is a one of a time oppurtunity.
I am also looking forward to the Winter Olympics. My favorite events are luge, skeleton, and ski jump. I like the luge because of the way that they go. They just sit on their sled and control it to move throughout the course. The amazing thing is that they can go up to 70 mph! The worst thing that could happen to a luge player is that their helmet turnss foggy in the middle of the course. Skeleton is very similar to luge. The only difference is that the skeleton board is much more dangerous so players hve to sit in a different position and Skeleton players can run to boost up their sled in the beginning. One bad thing that could happen to a skeleton player is that when they finish running, their body gets on the sled accidentally in an awkward shape and they slow down their sled for about five seconds just to adjust their body or they get hurt. Finally, I think ski jump is cool because of the skill and jump. Ski Jump is also very dangerous. If there are any strong winds or rain that day, they have to postpone the contest. What the players do is that they first ski down this down alley and then when they are near the end, they boost up their might and then they go jumping(looks more like flying). They have to keep a good position and not shake or move because judges grade the participants on that. Also, when they take off, they have to go very high because when they land, there is a blue line and a yellow line. If you land before the blue line, you lose points. If you land between the blue line and the yellow line, you are okay. If you land after the yellow line, you get plus 1.0 points. Other then where you land, the judges also judge you on how you land. If you fall, that is a -(minus). If you land good, that is an okay. If you land in a great top ski first then bottom ski land and then do a turn around pizza, you get a +(plus). Usually, there are 32 participants per race and they use 2-on-2. The winner goes to the nest round and soon, the finals will be 2-on-2. Everyone who loses the 2-on-2 will be elimanated except for the semifinal. there will be two 2-on-2races and the two winners will go to the finals and the two losers will compete each other to see who gets bronze medal(3rd place) and who gets 4th place.
I have watched the Olympics before. It was very facinating. My favorite sport too watch in Winter Olympics is ice skating and skiing. I love wathcing the diving contest during Summer Olympics. My dad told me that the smaller the splash, the straighter you dived. Last time I watched it, There was this guy (forgot who) who had a really tiny splash.
I only watched the Summer Olympics but I really want to watch the Winter Olympics because it will be fun to watch the people compete and race against each other. A other reason I want to watch the Winter Olympics is it might be a good excuse to avoid my extra HW. My mom usually lets me watch it anyway.
I have only watched the Summer olympics once and I haven't watched the Winter olympics by far. During the summer olympics, my favorite sport was vollyball. I like watching a team serve the ball to their opponent. When the Whinter olympics comes up on TV, I'd like to watch the skiing contest. I believe that it may be fun to watch them speed down the track.
I love watching the Olympics. My favorite part is watching all the parades and excitement before the games begin. My favorite sport in the Olympics will probably be skiing because I am experienced with it. I'm so excited for the winter Olympics.
I watched the Olympics before. I sometimes wonder: Did Micheal Phelps' hand really touch the end?
I can't want to watch the 2010 Winter( and Summer )Olympics! My favorite part is seeing all the excitement, pomp and celebration.
In 2008, China did fireworks, a huge parade, and more!
I also like seeing the different nation teams dance in a parade! They waved their flags.
Micheal Phelps was my hero: an amazing swimmer! I heard he is a swim teacher. However, when Jeff Savage said he drunk and drove, I didn't like him so much after all.
I hope he stops. I don't know if he's entering the 2010 Summer Olympics. Maybe he is.
I like to watch the olympics. My favorite gam in the summer olympics is gymnastics. I like the way Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson from USA compete. I like to watch ice-skating. I can't wait till the olympics. They really get me excited. I ask my mom almost every day when they are going to start. She always tells me to wait.
I mostly watch the Summer Olympics swimming. So many people like Michael Phelps but he (almost)always wins gold and sometimes I wish that he would just lose once. My definetly favorite swimmer is NATALIE COUGHLIN! She's an awesome swimmer and she doesn't always win gold but most of the time she gets gold or silver. Like Aaron said, in the swimming it was a close call between Michael Phelps and Milorad Cavic in the 100 meter fly. Phelps won by like 0.13 seconds. And in swimming, every hundredth second counts. I've never watched the Winter Olympics before but I want to this year. Ice skating looks interesting to me. I've been to a Junior Olympics swim meet in swimming before because at that time I had one Junior Olympic time so I got to go but now I have FOUR Junior Olympic times! I have them in 50 Breaststroke, 100 breaststroke, 100 I.M.(individual medley(butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke,and freestyle(in order from first to last))), and 50 freestyle. I am also really close to a J.O. in a lot more events. I swim at Santa Clara Swim Club(SCSC) and I'm in Blue Bell.
Post a Comment