One of my favorite sports is horse-back riding in so many ways. If you've never been on a horse yet, you really should try it. It might be scary at first, but after a while it will really be fun, especially if the horse is friendly. There are several different gaits for a horse, like walk, slow trot, fast trot, canter, and gallop. My favorite is slow trot. In both slow and fast trot, you can either do posting trot or sitting trot. Posting trot is when you stand up in your stirrups and sit down to the steps of the horse; in sitting trot you just sit in the saddle and bounce naturally. I like to post trot the most because it's so fun and plus it's easy. When you canter, you would have to remember not to lean forward or lean back or else you might fall off. Another thing to remember is that if you're scared of the horse, it can sense it and it might be mean to you, so don't be afraid. There are many different places that you could take riding lessons. So far I have ridden at the Almaden Equestrian Center (AEC) and Cevalo Ranch. The first time I rode a horse was in summer vacation in Maine. Have you ever ridden a horse before? If so, was it fun? If not, do you think it would be fun to ride a horse?
27 comments:
Horse-back riding girl! (Collette)
said...
I rode on a horse once or twice. My first ride was at my friends party. The horse was trotting and walking. The second one was at Tahoe at the ranch. Riding a horse is super- duper fun!
Yes I actually have ridden a horse before. It was during the summer in 2008. I went to equestrian camp for a week or two. My horses name was Carmela, she was a chestnut horse. I learned how hold on to the horses hair with out Raine's while trotting. It was really hard though, but a LOT of fun!!!! I was thinking of taking lessons because I live near San Antonio Ranch Park so maybe.
I never rode a horse before. I love horses though. They are my favorite animals. I think it would we really fun to ride one. I have read many books about horses. I even wrote a book about a horse. Its name was Brownie. I really hope I can ride a horse someday.
I never rode a horse before, but I want to try, because I herd that that can ride really fast and it is like a portable chair. I also like animals that are fast and strong. i might consider to ride a horse.
I have never went horse-riding before but it sounds fun. I have seen people ride horses too and they seem to enjoy it a lot. I might consider trying it . I have always had an interest in animals so if I take horse-riding, I could have lots of fun and I could also observe horses at the same time. Of course, my mom would probaly say that I can't take lessons. She usually says that these kind of stuff is too much trouble.
I really want to have horse-back riding lessons! I been to my best friend's birthday party and went on a walk on a horse. I also once went traveling and we stopped at a horse-back riding place. My dad made the horse run for a few seconds until the owner came and told u s not to. It was so fun just to ride on a horse that ran. I have been on many horses before that just walk very slowly. It was sorta boring.
It was in India. In India the horses don't get tired easily and they love corn. At first it was scary and I felt like throwing up, but then I felt better after two minutes and started to get the hang of it.
I have rode a horse once. I think I rode it in India. We rode on a sort of slanted hill. We then rode down to a river and played in it for a little while. It was so fun. I really want to ride a horse again some time. I love riding horses. They are usually so calm and tame. I got a little dizzy the first time I rode it though. But after a while I got the hang of it. Bye!
Horseback riding sure sounds like a delightful experience to me. I would sure like to try it one day. But, when I was 3 or 4, I went on those pony rides at the pumpkin patch. This is the closest thing I've done to riding a horse. In the middle ages, various kings used horses as army animals. They look very tame to me. One thing you have to remember is to not make the horse angry, too. I love animals, so this would be a wonderful thing for me to try.
I want to ride a horse BADLY!!!!! (OKAY, OKAY, I'll admit it. I actually don't want to ride a horse because I'm afraid I'll fall off. If I go on a trail, I might have to go to the bathroom.) Also, I'm not that intersted in horses. It's like this: I would rather READ a book about adventure, and WISH I could have one; than to actually HAVE one ALONE. However(though it is unlikely), I might change change my mind. After all, horses ARE beautiful, fast, and kind. They can understand your feelings.
I have rode a horse over the summer named Fannie. I am able to do most stuff on the horse. I am not that good at trotting though. I also like vaulting. I think it's fun because you can go on trails.
I rode on a horse once in a petting zoo. I forgot which petting zoo it was but I loved it!!!!!!!! There was a guider who led the horse and pulled the string so I could get a ride. My brother rode on a horse before when he was 9. SO that is why I want to ride on a horse. Another reason I like to ride on horses is because they are really graceful animals. I would really want to ride on a white horse next time because the petting zoo horse was chestnut.
I have ridden a horse once on a vacation during April. It was in this place (I forgot what place it was) where you could doing many activities there. The horse was the color of dark brown. The horse went slowly and followed the guide. It was really fun! I hope to try again.
I have never ridden a horse before but I would like to ride one. You could go to Half Moon Bay to ride one. I would like to go there to ride a horse. The only thing I am afraid of if I ride a horse is that I may fall right off and break a bone.
I rode a horse before it was really cool I went with my brother and cousin. I really enjoyed riding the horse. one time we rode up a mountain and my cousin's horse got spoofed and ran down the mountain. The leader of the group rode after her and led the horse back up. That was a very scary experience.
I don't ever want to ride a horse because I am scared that the horse will go to fast, drop me, and then run me over. If there were seat belts on the thing that you sit on the horse, I would considerate. I am also scared of the horse jumps a fence. I would only ride a horse if they go really slow or they give me 100% respect. I also think horse poo smells so if the horse stops to poo, I would freak out of the smell. I don't watch horse jockey anymore because once I read on the newspaper that someone died riding a horse. The person fell off and a stampede of horses killed him.
I only rode on a horse one time. Its name was Shasta. It was very fun. I had to ride up a hill, go down it, and ride on a trail. I never knew horses were so big and tall until I went riding on one! I REALLY want to go on a horse again. Except next time I want to ride a palomino.
I have never riden a horse before, but I think it sounds really fun. I always wanted to go horse riding since I was in first grade, but my parents said that it was too dangerous. I still want to go, though! Though it does sound fun, it still seems a little bit scary falling off of a horse!
I have never rode a horse before, but by what Rachel said I'm sure it would be very very fun. All those different gaits that Rachel had mentions sure sounds fun to me. I think that galloping very very fast would be so sun. I would love to feel the wind blowing through my hair and at my face.
I never rode on a horse before but I would love to ride on one. Since Rachel enjoys horse back riding it would be probably be fun for me too. I have seen a real horse once or twice. If the farmer said yes, I would be on a galloping horse.
I have rode a horse three times before and I do hope to get to ride one again soon. The first time was at a park. The horse was walking most of the time I was on it. The second time was on a field trip in summer camp, we went to a ranch. There the horses only trotted.(even though I tried to make it go faster.) The last time I rode a horse was at a carnival. To me riding a horse is a little scary.
I have rode on a horse but it was only the type were you go to a carnival and you get to go on horse back rides for five minutes. The horse was walking. I think after reading your post about horses, I will try to convince my mom to get me to sign up for horse back riding lessons.
I have ridden a horse before, but it was a tiny. I went to Campbell church with someone to ride a horse. The other person was to heavy to ride on them. There is a certain weight to the ponies. Also In Taiwan was the first time I rode horses. I was afraid but I still rode it; but when I rode it, I almost fell off. I really like riding horses.
I have only fallen off a horse once and I meant to canter but I was leaning forward too much and the saddle kinda threw me off. I hit the back of my knee on the fence (NOT meant to scare you guys) and then another time my horse spooked and it started cantering around the arena (but hey, I stayed on!). I have ridden at five different places so far. The first time I rode a horse was in Maine I think and the horse's name was Cricket. After that I really loved horses so I tried riding lessons. I started with Almaden Equestrian Center for a few months and then my riding instructor moved places so I rode at the new place for a while. Then after that in summer break I think in Maine (yeah, again) I went to a riding camp for three days. When we got back my mom kinda got mad at my riding instructor because... uhhh... well I forgot but anyways I switched barns so now I'm at Cevalo Ranch and soon THEY are going to change places. Right now the horse I am riding his name is Jake. The first horse that I rode at Cevalo Ranch his name is Wyatt. He is like the best horse EVER!!! We ride different horses each month so then I rode Jake, then Pippin, then Wyatt again in January, now in February I am riding Jake. Pippin is super soft but doesn't listen(to me), Jake never listens(to me), and Wyatt is the awesomist horse in the whole world. He is adorable, cute, nice, pretty, and... he ACTUALLY LISTENS(to me)!!! Pippin listens to my friend, Jake doesn't listen to anybody, and Wyatt only listens to me. The first time I went to Cevalo I saw Wyatt and he walked over to me and I petted his muzzle. The property that I ride in is owned by Dr. Novak who is a vet. He has a horse too, but he keeps it in his yard with a fence. A lot of good riding places is in Almaden or Morgan Hill around there. Wow, I wouldn't be suprised if this comment is longer than my post.
Hmm.. I forgot something: If your horse has to go to the bathroom while your on it, then just let it go and you are probably so high up you probably wouldn't be able to smell it even if your horse stepped in its bathroom stuff. And also if you do happen to fall off your horse while it's walking or whatever, it will more likely stop and stand to wait for you (yep, they're that good) than run you over, and besides, you're more likely fall off of the horse to the side or on the neck and then to the side than roll forward off its neck and land right smack in front of it(and get trampled). Also if your horse just walks, there's really no fun to it. Sure, beginers walk first, but trotting is totally awesome!
This month I am riding a blind pony! Her name is Penny. She's really cute and sweet but she can be really obnoxious when she wants to be (which is most of the time). Riding her is really tricky because you have to keep a very short rein with her to steer her but not TOO short or else she will toss her head back right when you least expect it and scare the living daylights out of you. Another annoying thing about her is that she runs herself into jumps(the thingies you jump over when you jump over a jump) even though you're trying to get her to turn away from it and when she hits it you can hear a bonk and then she's all like "Hey, why'd you run me into that jump?!" Anyway, since she's so short (I don't even need a mounting block to get on the saddle, she's so short), her trot feels really fast because her short legs have to go faster to go the same speed as the other horses (well, that's what my instructor Diana says, but it looks faster anyways). Cute, right?
27 comments:
I rode on a horse once or twice. My first ride was at my friends party.
The horse was trotting and walking.
The second one was at Tahoe at the ranch.
Riding a horse is super- duper fun!
Great Post Rachel!! :)
Yes I actually have ridden a horse before. It was during the summer in 2008. I went to equestrian camp for a week or two. My horses name was Carmela, she was a chestnut horse. I learned how hold on to the horses hair with out Raine's while trotting. It was really hard though, but a LOT of fun!!!! I was thinking of taking lessons because I live near San Antonio Ranch Park so maybe.
GREAT POST RACHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never rode a horse before. I love horses though. They are my favorite animals. I think it would we really fun to ride one. I have read many books about horses. I even wrote a book about a horse. Its name was Brownie. I really hope
I can ride a horse someday.
Great post Rachel!!
I never rode a horse before, but I want to try, because I herd that that can ride really fast and it is like a portable chair. I also like animals that are fast and strong. i might consider to ride a horse.
I have never went horse-riding before but it sounds fun. I have seen people ride horses too and they seem to enjoy it a lot. I might consider trying it . I have always had an interest in animals so if I take horse-riding, I could have lots of fun and I could also observe horses at the same time. Of course, my mom would probaly say that I can't take lessons. She usually says that these kind of stuff is too much trouble.
I have never ridden a horse. But, I think horses are really sweet! Aren't they? I REALLY wish I could ride a horse. I hope I can ride a horse someday!
Great Post Rachel!!!!! =)
I really want to have horse-back riding lessons! I been to my best friend's birthday party and went on a walk on a horse. I also once went traveling and we stopped at a horse-back riding place. My dad made the horse run for a few seconds until the owner came and told u s not to. It was so fun just to ride on a horse that ran. I have been on many horses before that just walk very slowly. It was sorta boring.
I have been horse riding only once.
It was in India. In India the horses don't get tired easily and they love corn.
At first it was scary and I felt like throwing up, but then I felt better after two minutes and started to get the hang of it.
ALL in all, horses are ok.
I have rode a horse once. I think I rode it in India. We rode on a sort of slanted hill. We then rode down to a river and played in it for a little while. It was so fun. I really want to ride a horse again some time. I love riding horses. They are usually so calm and tame. I got a little dizzy the first time I rode it though. But after a while I got the hang of it. Bye!
Horseback riding sure sounds like a delightful experience to me. I would sure like to try it one day. But, when I was 3 or 4, I went on those pony rides at the pumpkin patch. This is the closest thing I've done to riding a horse. In the middle ages, various kings used horses as army animals. They look very tame to me. One thing you have to remember is to not make the horse angry, too. I love animals, so this would be a wonderful thing for me to try.
I want to ride a horse BADLY!!!!!
(OKAY, OKAY, I'll admit it. I actually don't want to ride a horse because I'm afraid I'll fall off. If I go on a trail, I might have to go to the bathroom.)
Also, I'm not that intersted in horses. It's like this: I would rather READ a book about adventure, and WISH I could have one; than to actually HAVE one ALONE.
However(though it is unlikely), I might change change my mind. After all, horses ARE beautiful, fast, and kind. They can understand your feelings.
I have rode a horse over the summer named Fannie. I am able to do most stuff on the horse. I am not that good at trotting though. I also like vaulting. I think it's fun because you can go on trails.
I rode on a horse once in a petting zoo. I forgot which petting zoo it was but I loved it!!!!!!!! There was a guider who led the horse and pulled the string so I could get a ride. My brother rode on a horse before when he was 9. SO that is why I want to ride on a horse. Another reason I like to ride on horses is because they are really graceful animals. I would really want to ride on a white horse next time because the petting zoo horse was chestnut.
GREAT POST RACHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have ridden a horse once on a vacation during April. It was in this place (I forgot what place it was) where you could doing many activities there. The horse was the color of dark brown. The horse went slowly and followed the guide. It was really fun! I hope to try again.
GREAT POST RACHEL!
I have never ridden a horse before but I would like to ride one. You could go to Half Moon Bay to ride one. I would like to go there to ride a horse. The only thing I am afraid of if I ride a horse is that I may fall right off and break a bone.
I rode a horse before it was really cool I went with my brother and cousin. I really enjoyed riding the horse. one time we rode up a mountain and my cousin's horse got spoofed and ran down the mountain. The leader of the group rode after her and led the horse back up. That was a very scary experience.
I don't ever want to ride a horse because I am scared that the horse will go to fast, drop me, and then run me over. If there were seat belts on the thing that you sit on the horse, I would considerate. I am also scared of the horse jumps a fence. I would only ride a horse if they go really slow or they give me 100% respect. I also think horse poo smells so if the horse stops to poo, I would freak out of the smell. I don't watch horse jockey anymore because once I read on the newspaper that someone died riding a horse. The person fell off and a stampede of horses killed him.
I only rode on a horse one time. Its name was Shasta. It was very fun. I had to ride up a hill, go down it, and ride on a trail. I never knew horses were so big and tall until I went riding on one! I REALLY want to go on a horse again. Except next time I want to ride a palomino.
I have never riden a horse before, but I think it sounds really fun. I always wanted to go horse riding since I was in first grade, but my parents said that it was too dangerous. I still want to go, though! Though it does sound fun, it still seems a little bit scary falling off of a horse!
I have never rode a horse before, but by what Rachel said I'm sure it would be very very fun. All those different gaits that Rachel had mentions sure sounds fun to me. I think that galloping very very fast would be so sun. I would love to feel the wind blowing through my hair and at my face.
I never rode on a horse before but I would love to ride on one. Since Rachel enjoys horse back riding it would be probably be fun for me too. I have seen a real horse once or twice. If the farmer said yes, I would be on a galloping horse.
I have rode a horse three times before and I do hope to get to ride one again soon. The first time was at a park. The horse was walking most of the time I was on it. The second time was on a field trip in summer camp, we went to a ranch. There the horses only trotted.(even though I tried to make it go faster.) The last time I rode a horse was at a carnival. To me riding a horse is a little scary.
I have rode on a horse but it was only the type were you go to a carnival and you get to go on horse back rides for five minutes. The horse was walking. I think after reading your post about horses, I will try to convince my mom to get me to sign up for horse back riding lessons.
GREAT POST RACHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have ridden a horse before, but it was a tiny. I went to Campbell church with someone to ride a horse. The other person was to heavy to ride on them. There is a certain weight to the ponies. Also In Taiwan was the first time I rode horses. I was afraid but I still rode it; but when I rode it, I almost fell off. I really like riding horses.
I have only fallen off a horse once and I meant to canter but I was leaning forward too much and the saddle kinda threw me off. I hit the back of my knee on the fence (NOT meant to scare you guys) and then another time my horse spooked and it started cantering around the arena (but hey, I stayed on!). I have ridden at five different places so far. The first time I rode a horse was in Maine I think and the horse's name was Cricket. After that I really loved horses so I tried riding lessons. I started with Almaden Equestrian Center for a few months and then my riding instructor moved places so I rode at the new place for a while. Then after that in summer break I think in Maine (yeah, again) I went to a riding camp for three days. When we got back my mom kinda got mad at my riding instructor because... uhhh... well I forgot but anyways I switched barns so now I'm at Cevalo Ranch and soon THEY are going to change places. Right now the horse I am riding his name is Jake. The first horse that I rode at Cevalo Ranch his name is Wyatt. He is like the best horse EVER!!! We ride different horses each month so then I rode Jake, then Pippin, then Wyatt again in January, now in February I am riding Jake. Pippin is super soft but doesn't listen(to me), Jake never listens(to me), and Wyatt is the awesomist horse in the whole world. He is adorable, cute, nice, pretty, and... he ACTUALLY LISTENS(to me)!!! Pippin listens to my friend, Jake doesn't listen to anybody, and Wyatt only listens to me. The first time I went to Cevalo I saw Wyatt and he walked over to me and I petted his muzzle. The property that I ride in is owned by Dr. Novak who is a vet. He has a horse too, but he keeps it in his yard with a fence. A lot of good riding places is in Almaden or Morgan Hill around there. Wow, I wouldn't be suprised if this comment is longer than my post.
Hmm.. I forgot something: If your horse has to go to the bathroom while your on it, then just let it go and you are probably so high up you probably wouldn't be able to smell it even if your horse stepped in its bathroom stuff. And also if you do happen to fall off your horse while it's walking or whatever, it will more likely stop and stand to wait for you (yep, they're that good) than run you over, and besides, you're more likely fall off of the horse to the side or on the neck and then to the side than roll forward off its neck and land right smack in front of it(and get trampled). Also if your horse just walks, there's really no fun to it. Sure, beginers walk first, but trotting is totally awesome!
This month I am riding a blind pony! Her name is Penny. She's really cute and sweet but she can be really obnoxious when she wants to be (which is most of the time). Riding her is really tricky because you have to keep a very short rein with her to steer her but not TOO short or else she will toss her head back right when you least expect it and scare the living daylights out of you. Another annoying thing about her is that she runs herself into jumps(the thingies you jump over when you jump over a jump) even though you're trying to get her to turn away from it and when she hits it you can hear a bonk and then she's all like "Hey, why'd you run me into that jump?!" Anyway, since she's so short (I don't even need a mounting block to get on the saddle, she's so short), her trot feels really fast because her short legs have to go faster to go the same speed as the other horses (well, that's what my instructor Diana says, but it looks faster anyways). Cute, right?
Post a Comment