By: Rebecca
Do you do anything special for New Year? Well I do. Japanese do many things for New Year. One activity is eating Ozoni, a soup they have for breakfast. It has carrots, daikon, baked mochi, chicken or shrimp, and chrysanthemum leaves. For dinner they mostly eat fish, other seafood and vegetables. Kids play many games. One game is like badminton, but instead you use a wood paddle and a wood ball with feathers on it. Another fun game is where you are blindfolded, and you try putting eyes, nose, mouth, etc in the right places. When you are done, you see how funny the face looks. Another very important activity during New Year is visiting family and friends. Do you do anything special on New Year?


25 comments:
I don't celebrate on New Years, but I celebrate on New Years Eve. I have a HUGE party on New Years Eve. People come to join us and we have a lot of fun together! At New Years Eve, we have a huge dance floor put in. My mom invites lots of friends. We eat lots of food. We sometimes eat covered chocolate strawberries for dessert.
GREAT post Rebecca!!
Every New Years and New Years Eve is always so packed for our schedule! We always have so many parties to go to! It is really fun! But one thing that has never changed is our annual New Years Eve party! We go to our friend's house at around 7:30 and we leave at like 4:00 in the morning! Our highest time of staying there is up to 6:27 in the morning! We actually ate breakfast there! It was so fun! Every single year we always go to this party at the same persons house! I call it a family tradition because my parents went there every year even before my brother (15 years old) was born! My parents started going there about 20 years ago! And they nor me and my brother have ever missed it! At their house a lot of our family friend will also be their! It is so much fun! Especially the countdown at 12:00 in the night! Everybody holds a popper and turns on the t.v. When we find the right channel, we all get ready to pop the poppers and scream so loud, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, HAPPY NEW YEARS! And we all pop the poppers! It's always SO much fun! I hope everyone likes New Years as much as I do! -Shrila
I do celebrate on New Year's eve and New Years Day. On New Years eve, we stay up till 12 o'clock and have poppers. We turn on the T.V. and go to the right channel. We do the countdown and when it turns zero, all of us pop are poppers. On New Years day, we go to the temple and have parties. We invite friends over and have a lot of fun!
I celebrate New Years every year. Normally, my family and other friends go to someone's house for dinner. We all stay awake until midnight to do the countdown until the New Year. To stay awake, the kids play games like tag and chase each other around. Then we watch movies and play board games like Risk and Blokus. In 2008, the party was at our house and on New Years, we celebrated someone's birthday.
I don't celebrate New Years Eve or New Years. My just treats it like any other normal day. Usually me and my brother just stay up in bed and keep talking to keep ourselves up and then we wait for midnight. We usually fall asleep at 5:00.
At New Years Eve My family bake a chocolate cake with chocolate chips inside. Then we put vanilla frosting with mini chocolate chip sprinkles! Then with jelly beans we write 2010. Then the best part of all!...........................................................we eat it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Every New Years and New Years Eve my entire family and friends go to my friends house and celebrates. Sometimes we celebrate New Years at my house like this time. Second, is that we do lots of fun games, such as limbo, musical chairs and dance. My whole entire family including the children stay until 4:00 am or 5:00am. Third, is that we win prizes we sit in a circle and everyone picks out a number and then a parent says the person with number one to twenty go and a rapped gift. That is why I like New Years alot.
On New Year, I went too my friends house to play until 12:00 inthe midnight. Then we watched the countdown for New Year. After the countdown, I started playing video games again, until 1:00am. I watched a movie after we played video games. A lot of people went to the party. I saw the TV people going 5,4,3,2,1. Happy New Year!!!!! People was starting to get crazy and it was so loud. When I was eating dinner, we got Root Beer.
For New Year's I went to my church and we had a huge party. We played games and we had a countdown. We blew party whistles and we popped poppers .At exactly 12:00, I sent an e-mail to my friends that said Happy New Year. I can't wait until it is time to celebrate Chinese New Year when it is even more fun.
I celebrate New Years Eve by listening to traditional songs that I like to hear. Sometimes, my mom and dad invite some friends or cousins that live here. We eat a cake (for dessert) and rice with other things in it.
Nice post Rebecca!
I clebrate like this:
Every year Harika's family throws a huge party. We stay up until midnight, then we dance. Sometimes, we even stay for a sleepover until morning.
Yess! I filled myself with SPARKLING CIDER!!! It was AWESOME! I also stayed up for 2 whole days!
I do many things on New Year. First, I go to my friends house and we play all the way until 12:00 and then we do the new year count down. I play Poker and BS with my friends who are like fifteen years old. I also play computer with my friends. We play it by going to a game site and we can see each other and play. It is always a lot of fun. On December 29-31 we had a lot of huge parties! It was the best New Years ever!
I don't do much on New Year's Day or Eve. All I do is wait and watch the countdown until midnight. My family counts down 5...4...3...2...1. Sometimes we have a party but we didn't have one this year. I hope my family has a party this year. I hope everyone else had lots of fun.
I don't really do anything that speacial on New Years, but I do celebrate Chinese New Year. We get red envelopes, have a feast, and more. My paretns tell me try not to be upset or cry or else you might get bad luck for the whole year. We ave rice cake in the feast as dessert and some oranges for good luck (I think). My favorite part of Chinese New Year is getting to stay up to midnight!!!!!!!!!!! I stay up to midnight because of this legend (I think, again). I also do the same thing on New Years(try to saty up to midnight and count down and take a picture with the celebration kind of thingie on T.V.)
On New Year I don't really celebrate that much but my family does celebrate Chinese New Year by lighting firecrackers, eating dumplings, and more. My favorite thing to do is on Chinese New Year Eve, we stay up really late.
I didn't do anything much on New Years besides jumping up and down when the ball went down on T.V. On New Years Eve I ate at a restauraut called Tanto. It is a Japanese restauraut. Then my parents and I stayed up till midnight.
I don't celebrate New Years but, since our relatives came over, we had dinner at my uncles place, watched Up, and then watched the countdown for a while. It was really fun!!!!!!!
On New Years Eve I have a huge party Like Collette where we stay up till 12:00 watching the New Years Star Showdown on Disney Channel for like 7 hours(this year) and we eat pizza. I Get like 5 dollars every years on New Years and we make bags(the one that I use for band) and decorate them and also jump in my friend's jump house!!
I usually celebrate New Year's by going to my best friend's house. We stay ti'll midnight watching movies. When it is midnight, we watch the countdown, and when it is FINALLY New Year, we drink sparkling cranberry juice.
For New Years I usually go to my friends house. Last year,(2009), my friends invited my family and two more families. We were supposed to come at 3:00 but instead we came at 4:45! I thought we were late. Me and my friends played Chinese Checkers and then another family came so we played tag for a while. Then the last family came and then we took turns playing Mario Kart. In the middle of playing Mario Kart, we had to eat dinner. It was SSOOOOOOOO good !!!!!! We also had cake for dessert! Again it was SSOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!!!!!!!!!!!
I celabrate New Years. Many family's I know including mine have a get together. We dance and have fun and then have a count down for the new year's. We get to eat cake and all kind of goodies. At New Year's we all go around bumping in to each other wishing a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Great Post Rebecca!!
On New Years Eve we usually go to a party but this year we stayed at home. I ate cake and pizza for dinner and stayed up until
11:59 am and then did the countdown to 12 midnight. After 12:00, I played games like Uno and Monopoly with my family until 1:00 am and then went to sleep feeling happy and tired.
My family and I don't do anything special, but we do go to many parties on that week, and stay up till the new year on New Year's Eve.
This New Year's Eve I was in India at my grandma's house. Her neighbor was having a huge party with blasted music, so we barely got to sleep afterwards.
I always celebrate on New Years Eve and I still it now. Mostly I go to my friends house for New Years Eve. I always make sure I'm awake until midnight. Then at EXACTLY 12 o'clock we all scream HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! One time we screamed so loud that we woke our neighbors. After, we would sleep at seven in the morning and when we wake up it is usually lunchtime. For lunch we lhave a feast. My favorite is when we get eat our own ice cream sundae's for dessert!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment