Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Monday, January 4, 2010

Book Review: The Spy Five

By: Jeffrey The Spy Five is a book series that I really like. The series is new to Mrs. Yu's library. I have read all the books in the series and I like all of them. For this post, I will give a review of all of the books. Here goes: The first book is called Kung Fooled You. A boy named Spencer has just moved from Maryland to Washington D.C. . Spencer quickly makes new friends. One of them are called Julian, one is called Blitz, one of them is Ursula, and the last one is Anika. Things are going weird now at Spencer's school when Spencer finds his math teacher doing Kung Fu! Will Spencer and his friends find out what is the mystery of their math teacher? Read the book Kung Fooled You to find out. Another book in the series is called Phantom Dribbler. It is about a P.E. coach who plans to make a basketball team for the school. Julian and the P.E. coach all want a team because they used to have one a few years ago and they want to continue it. There is only a problem. The coach just has one problem. He has heard that sometimes after school, a dribbling noise is heard. When the janitor opens the door, he finds nothing. It is up to the Spy Five to figure out who is the dribbler! Another book that I like in the Spy Five series is called Master Mole. The Spy Five has convinced the mean principal Mr. Naulty to make a field trip. Unfortunately, Mr. Naulty says he will cancel field trips forever if they don't behave. When Julian hears that four mean people in his science class plan to cause a lot of trouble at the field trip, Julian tells Spencer, Blitz, Anika, and Ursula about it. Can the Spy Five stop the bullies from messing up the trip or will field trips be canceled forever? Read Master Mole to find out. My favorite book in the series is called Super Five. It is about where the Spy Five is running for school president. Anika and Spencer are co-presidents, Blitz is Secretary of Technology, Ursula is Treasurer/CFO, and Julian is Secretary of Athletics. They are facing this party called the Star Party where there is this very popular girl called Jasmine. Jasmine has a big advantage because she is preparing a bake sale the day before and all of the people in her party are popular. Then, Jasmine's bake sale gets drenched by rain and people are barely noticing her anymore. Will the Spy Five win? Read the book to find out. These are just some of my favorite books in the series. There are still many different books in the series. What is your favorite one? If you haven't read any, which one from my post do you think you will enjoy the most?

20 comments:

Da Reader (Jonathan) said...

I don't have any favorites cause they all have good plots and it also has funny parts. I actually liked Super Five cause it has a good storyline. The books are short but it is an interesting book.

Mahi said...

I like Gerominal Stilton series because they are really funny. The main character always asks his sister a few questions and she always replies, which then becomes a big story about him and his nephew. That is my favorite book series.

Da Reader#2 (Eric) said...

I have not read any books from the series but from you have wrote, I think I like the Super Five the best. I think the story has a very interesting plot.

Mihir the master reader:) said...

Super five looks like an interesting book to me. I think the spy five guys are going to win because that other person's sale got ruined like crazy. It looks like a very interesting and fun-to-read book because of the plots and how the characters must face different challenges brought to them. Like Jonathan said, the book might be short, but it's interesting. I ought to try those books sometime.

Aditya said...

I have read a few of the books from the Super Five series. It is really interesting about how they solve the case. The book has a good storyline just like Jonathan said. Some other books I like are the Percy Jackson Series, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

*Clara* said...

I don't really have any favorite books because they all are really funny and sometimes they have really good plans. But I still like Geronimal Stilton because they are really interesting and funny.

ME!!! (Collette) said...

I don't read Spy Five, but because of your great review, I think I might read it. The book that I enjoyed reading from your post is...." Kung Fooled You!" I like that book because I think it is hysterical. The parts that I think is hysterical is when Spencer finds his teacher doing KUNG FU!!! I was laughing at that SO much!!

Abhinav said...

I don't read the Spy Five series but now since I read the review I think I might start reading the series. I think I will like Kung Fooled You best. My favorite series is Diary of Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney. I also like the Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan.

Sabrina said...

My favorite series is My Sister the Vampire. I never got to a chance to finish the series because I never the book in libraries. I mostly like books that aren't in a series because the author didn't make a series. I might start reading the series Spy Five because of your intresting post.

Justin said...

I've read the Spy Five series. The book that was my favorite in the series is the Master Mole. My favorite part is when Blitz showed his robot to his friends. Iliked that part because I like robots. That is my favorite book in the Spy Five series.

Clive Cussler's #1 fan! (Aaron) said...

My favorite book is Clive Cussler and The Treasure of Khan. That's going to be my oral report book because I like it so much and that I'm doing Ghengis Khan, who is Kublai Khan's father. The beginning is about when the chinese soldiers and the mongol soldiers team up and fought Japan. But then when the chinese and mongol navy force was going to strike, a super typhoon which was a really strong typhoon to them struck them and all of the chinese and mongols navy force was killed except for a general called Temur and his men. They are stranded on an island with lots of really old people.

The Blog Poster(Jeffrey) said...

Hey everyone! Thanks for posting a comment to my blog!!! I am second place in the blog post contest, only trailing Mihir!!! Keep sending comments! I like to read them! Also, I hope you all get a chance to read at least one of the Spy Five Books!!!
(Do you know that all my sentences end with an exclamation point?)

SUPER IMPORTANT: Because I'm sncond place in the blog competition, I don't want anyone to ask for my autograph!!

*ZARAH* :D : ) :P said...

I never read those books but I think I will start reading them. I think they are very FUNNY!!!!!!!!!! I really enjoyed learning about the book Kung Fooled you! It sounds like a really good book!

Puja the Person who thinks SpyFive is okay said...

I haven't read a full book, but I read part of the book "Phantom Dribbler",and they found out some evidence(I can't remamberall, but one evidence was some really smelly sneakers.)inside a locker.
As it turns out, there was a shortcut to the gym without being seen. I think the phantom dribbler turned out to be the principal. When the Spy Five was suprised, the janitor shows them (I think)a scrapbook of when the principal waas young. He was a high school or college basketball player.
When the Spy five wondered how he got fatter, the janitor said he hasn't had years of practice.

Auboni:) said...

I never read Spy Five before, but by looking at the summary it seems really funny. I kind of prefer books that are something I can or one day relate to. Therefore I think my favortite is Super Five. I probably check it out from the library right away!

Kaytlin * * said...

I have never read Spy Five, but after your blog I think I might try reading it. My favorite story is Avalon Web of Magic. I have the whole series so far but I haven't finished reading yet. Other than that I don't have much favorite books because they are entertaining and hilarious.

Shreya said...

Those books sound really interesting, Jeffrey!
My favorite book is called Soloman Snow and the Silver Spoon. It's about a boy who finds out that he's a orphan and he tries to find his real parents.

Leanne said...

I am in the middle of the Spy Five, I don't really know which one I like best because I didn't read all the books.My favorite series are Warriors, Geromino Stilton, The Inheritance Cycle (Eragon), Harry Potter, and His Dark Matirials ( The Golden Compass). Out of all these seiries, Warriors (only one more book to read), The Inheritance Cycle, (just one more book too) and Geronimo Stilton are the only series I have not finished.

Arjun said...

The Phantom Dribbler sounds interesting to me because it has suspense element to it. I think there is a cd player with a cd containing dribbling sound and the mischievous person plays the cd remotely whenever the janitor opens the door.

Ishan the hunger games book lover said...

My favorite is THE LIGHTNING THEIF SERIES!!!!!! Its so awesome and I can't wait for the movie! I also LOVE the Hunger Games! There's lots of action!