Seven Wonders of the World
By Abhinav
Hi Room 24!
To decide the blog topic this time, I kept on wondering what to write. Then something struck my mind. The world is a very beautiful and wonderful place. Man made it even more wonderful. The proof lies in the wonders of the world. Do any of you know about the seven wonders of the modern world?
Here is the list - Chicken Itza, Machu Pichu, Christ The Redeemer, Roman Collosseum, Petra, Taj Mahal, and last but not the east The Great Wall of China. First, let's start with Chicken Itza. It is located in Mexico. It was home to the Mayans. An important specialty for this wonder is that twice a year when the sun is positioned right over the wonder it creates a shadow that looks like a giant, slithering snake heading towards the sacred cenote. Next is the Machu Pichu, located in Peru and sized 5 square miles. Machu Pichu was home to the Incas and known as "The Lost City of Incas". It is home to palaces, temples, baths, parks, and houses. Now to Christ the Redeemer which is located in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It is the 130 ft. tall statue of Christ standing in the shape of cross. This wonder has 222 steps to get up to the chapel, where weddings and baptisms are held traditionally. One of my favorite wonders is the Roman Colosseum in Rome, Italy. This place was an arena (with 50,000 seats), where gladiator battles took place. Currently 2/3 of the original colosseum is missing due to earthquakes and robbers. Now to Petra located in Jordan, a 30 square mile city. This monument is about 400 years old, but when or why it was built remains unknown. This city is also very rocky because it is built on mountains. Next is my personal favorite monument, the Taj Mahal located in Agra, India. This was a memorial created by Emperor Shah Jahan for his wife. A unique thing about the Taj Mahal is that it as an onion shaped dome on the top. This beautiful monument is made of white marble and unbelievably took 22 years with 22,000 workers. And now to the only man made monument that can be seen with naked eye from space, The Great Wall of China, which is located in Gansu, China. It is 4,163 miles long and the walls are over 2,000 years old. It protected Chinese residents from attacks. I would like to conclude with a special mention about The Great Pyramid of Giza. It is the only monument still existing from the ancient Seven Wonders of the World. Just for the record, the other seven ancient wonders were - Statue of Zeus, Mausoleum at Halicarnassus,Temple of Artemis, Colossus of Rhodes, Lighthouse of Alexandria and Hanging Gardens of Babylon. Which one of these wonders is your favorite and why? Is there any other monument that you think should be a wonder? And most importantly, have you visited any of these wonders?
Check this link with cool interactive 360 panoramas of seven wonders - http://www.panoramas.dk/7-wonders/


19 comments:
I visited Taj Mahal when I went to India this summer. The walls are pure
marble with some jade, coral, gold, and other gems. The marble is carved into exquisite designs to form a flower or other shapes. Pietra dura is the work of carving marble and fitting gems into the crevices. It looks very beautiful. The next wonders I plan to see are Great Wall of China and the Collosseum.
I never have visited any of the 7 wonders but I want to go to some of them like the Taj Mahal and the Great Wall of China. I have heard that the Taj Mahal was built by this man and he dedicated the palace to his wife's death. The walls are made of silver marbles and gold.I have also learned that the Great Wall of China is really long and it has people buried underneath the walls. Nice post Abhinav!!!
I haven't visited any of the 7 wonders but I want to visit the Great Wall of China and the Roman Colosseum because I heard that the Great Wall of China is really long and you can see the scenic view and the cherry blossom trees. I want to visit the Roman Colosseum because it will be fun to see the Colosseum where roman's fought each other.
Ithink Acropolis should be one of the Seven Wonders of the World because it was the idea for the golden rectangle. The golden rectangle is used in artist's painting sometimes.
The Acropolis was built by Greeks before 800 b.c.e. It is still very famous, by you cannot see it for free. It has many pillars. Mostly what has not been changed is the pillars.
I have not visited any wonders, ancient or modern. I like the Taj Mahal the best, because it has the highest probability(for 4th graders who might not have learned this in math yet, it means chance,)of me going to visit it. I think there should have been at least one tall tower because it is a wonder to me how very tall towers are made(the tallest one right now is in Dubai, I think.)
I haven't visited the 7 wonders of the world, but I want to! I'll probably see the Taj Mahal first!
I like the colosseum in Rome, Italy. I've actually been there. I didn't bet to see the inside though. The line was so long that my family didn't even think twice about not going inside the colosseum. Another wonder I've been to is the Great Wall of China. My mom and I climbed some of it. Sometimes it was a little scary to look down and see how high we were. I really like it when I get to the lookout places. It's cool standing inside the little building and look through the glassless window and scanning the undergrowth.
I want to go to one of the seven wonders of the world because then I could get a job and study the seven wonders. The wonder that I want to see the most is Christ the Redeemer because he looks interesting and I think I could get some pictures, just him and me.
I really, really want to visit the Great Wall of China. I had a chance during Winter Break when I went to Beijing and Shanhai in China. My mom had to leave China early where I was going to be left with my grandparetns. My mom said we have no time to go there on this trip so I was not be able to go. I would also would like to visit the Taj Mahal. I have heard of it several times before but never got to have much info about it. Thanks to your post, Abhinav, I have known more about it than before
I'd like to visit Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Jarnio in Brazil. I guess that Brazilians built this statue because they are the country that has the most Catholics in the world. I'd also like to visit the Great Wall of China. Chinese built this wall to keep invaders from the north out.
I visited The Great Walll of China on my vacation last year. It was so long and huge! The steps were uneven. I would like to go to Taj Mahal because I think that people think that it is very cool and famous.
I haven't visited any of the seven wonders but i do. First I want to see the TAJ MAHAL which in New Delhi,India because it is suppose to be the biggest palace thingy-mabobber and I once saw a picture of the TajM ahal made entirely of chocolate! Unfortunately, it melted and it showed it melted and huge drops of chocolate fell on the people inside.Next I want to visit the Great Wall of China because I wanted too see how GIGANTIC the Great Wall of China is. It is supposed to separate something. GREAT Post AbHiNaV:):):)
I haven't ever been to any of the seven wonders of the world. Though, I was very small when I went to the Taj Mahal so I can't remember it. This summer I might go to see the Taj Mahal in India so I don't forget it. My second favorite monument is the colosseum. Though I've only seen it in pictures I really want to go there.
I haven't been to any of the wonders. I would like to go see the Great Wall of China and The Colosseum. I want to see the Great Wall because I would like to see the view from up there and I have never been to China. I would like to see the Colosseum Because it is very ancient and it has a great history background.
I never visited any of the Seven Wonders like some other people. I really want to go to the Great Wall of China, Taj Mahal, and the Roman Colosseum . I want to go to the Roman Colosseum because it might be cool if many parts of the building was shaken off by earthquakes.
I have visited Taj Mahal many times when I go to India, but it's always so crowded, I hate that.
I also been to to Chichen Itza, and climbed the steps. My mom and dad were the ones who gave up on the way on climbing the steps, but me and my brother climbed up to the top.
I went to The Great Wall of China last summer it took us 4 hours to climb to from the start to the end then back. I also had lunch on the Great Wall it was really cool. I really want to see the other seven wonders of the world. After seeing the Great Wall of China I think the other seven wonders will be Great.
I have not been to any of the Wonders but I hope to soon. I want to see the Great Wall of China the most. I think it's cool how they managed to build it when its so big and long.
Its good to see the blog again! I haven't seen the 7 wonders but i wish I could.
Post a Comment