Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lost!

By: Shrila Have you ever lost something that is very valuable to you? I have! I have lost so many things in my life, but one really important thing that I lost was my glasses! They fell off somewhere, but I could not find them anywhere no matter how hard I looked. I felt so bad! Those were really great and expensive glasses! I asked everybody in my school if they saw them, but all of them said no. I felt like I was going to cry! On the day I lost my glasses, I told my mom, and we went back to my school to search for them. No matter how careful we looked, we still could not find them. Everyday when I went to school, I checked the lost-and-found to see if it's there, but it never showed up. I also went to the office lost-and-found everyday to see if it's there. It was not there either! I did not know what to do! After a few days, I decided to send an e-mail to my teacher (Mrs. Yu) asking if my class can help me find it. So during class, Mrs. Yu led the whole class to the lawn to search my glasses together. And like usual, nobody found anything. I felt horrible! It feels really bad to lose something. Now you have heard of my experience, have you ever lost something before? If you did, did you find it later and how did you find it? Please share it with us!

24 comments:

Eric the guy who loses everything said...

I have lost plenty of things, but losing my glasses was horrible. When I told my mom, she went beserk. They were pretty expensive. I couldn't find them for a week. I luckly found them in backpack while taking my things out to do homework.(Whew!) I have also lost PLENTY of lego peices. They were usually things that you could shoot. One time, I shot a lego missile in our living room and I couldn,t find it for a year. I finally found it the next year when my brother saw it in front of the chimney in the family room.(The family froom and living room are about 5 meters apart. The missile can't even go a yard. Weird!)

*Soraya* said...

I have lost TONS of things, except I have never lost my glasses! One time, I thought I had lost a book from Mrs. Yu's library! I cried so much because I thought Mrs. Yu would get mad and I would have to replace it! I looked EVERYWHERE, from bookshelves, to desks, and even in trashcans! Turns out I didn't look in my backpack, after all. I COULD sit here and tell you ALL about the things I've lost, except I wouldn't want to bore you with my stories!!!

Leanne said...

I have never lost glasses because I don't have any, but I did lose a shark tooth from my friend in Orange County. It was in my pocket while my dad was driving back home from Orange County, but when I reached my house, and looked in my pocket, it was gone! I looked for it for a long time, but I still haven't found it for 3 years! [I still don't know where it is!]

Da UN-responsible person(Jonathan) said...

I lose a lot of things, if you count leaving my ripstick at my Chinese and forgetting to ride it back. Last year, I used to leave my jacket at school all the time, but now I am responsible and I take them home all the time now. I also lost my watch, I left it on my desk and now I can't seem to find it? So I got a new one, I still can't find it. I lose a lot of things, but now I am responsible.

Aaron Blanket Holder said...

I have never lost any item before because I keep them all stuffed in my room. It is so stuffed that I can hardly move about. I never take anything out. That's why I never lose anything. Anything that goes in my room basically never comes out (except for my backpack because I do homework upstairs because then when I am so tired from HW I can just turn my chair around and just fall off my chair and land perfectly safe on my bed). The only time I thought I was missing something was when I was holding my little blanket which is red (my favorite!) and I was really tired and I was looking for it because I wanted to go to sleep. I got very mad and started to cry. When my mom came up she told me that I was actually just holding it.

*Clara :) (:* said...

I have never lost glasses because I don't even wear them! But I have lost my favorite jacket in school. When I was doing my homework, I tried to remember what I did at school. Then, I remembered I lost my favorite jacket! Quickly, I asked my mom to drive to school and find my jacket. I found it easily because it was on the top of the monkey bars. I hope I will never lose things again.

Justin said...

I always lose lots of goods.For example, one time I lost approimatly two water bottles and I looked for them everywhere. They're is still not found yet but I don't look for it anymore because it seems like that it is an impossible task. Currently, I lost a jacket. Luckliy, someone in room 19 told me that it was in the lost and found.

*Zarah* :P :D said...

I have never lost glasses because I don't wear any glasses. While I was in running club, I was wearing a very loose pin. When I ran another lap, it fell on the ground. Collette and Rakhi were there with me. I quickly asked them for help. Before the bell rang, I went to search in the lost and found. I looked the next day and it was gone. I didn't feel bad because it was just a PIN!

Aditya the careless person said...

I have lost of ton of things. First, I lost my watch when I was playing soccer. I looked everywhere on the grass but, I couldn't find it. Then I lost my house keys when I went to the basketball court. My parents were gone shopping. Then, the next day, my friend found it for me. I was relieved!!! I also was very careless when I lost my homework in kindergarten.

Nidhi the finder said...

I have lost a lot of jackets. I found one in my dance class lost & found years later!

I have also gotten lost in the mall many times. I usually stay around the spot where I first got lost and wander around a little, looking for my parents. It is a good idea not to go too far in case your parents come back looking for you.

I have lost a lot of pencils in my backpack as well.

These are my steps for finding something I lost:

1. Look around the place where you first discover it is missing.
2. Retrace your steps to where you remember having it.
3. Ask around to see if anyone picked it up.
4. Check in the lost and found.

By the way, although I have never lost my glasses, I have lost a screw in them a couple of times!

Raymond the king of losing things said...

When I was a first grader, I was the king of losing stuff. I lost three jackets in a row! One actually had the word V.I.P. printed on its back. After losing these jackets, I got mature. Every time I leave a place, I would always think if I lost or left one of my properties there. Although I'm always careful, I still lose unimportant objects, such as erasers and paper clips.

Sabrina said...

I have lost any things before, and probably could lose my glasses if I had one. My room is so messy and I could never find anything. One time I lost three DS games and still never found them. I have also lost my permission slip and my dad found it. He thought it was trash and threw it away. It was a feild trip to a really cool place(can't remeber where now) and I almost could'nt go! But then, my mom came to the rescue. She emailed the teacher and we payed the money, so I was able to go. I was so happy that I went. Although I lose many items, I have never ever lost a jacket at school (or some place like that. I did lose my jacket at home though. Never found it. Probably lost forever.

COLLETTE ***^^^^^ said...

I have lost lots of items before, but I haven't lost my glasses .......... because I don't have any =)!
I am always losing my jackets at school. One of the occasions when lost my jacket was the time after p.e., I only realized that it was lost, when I was in the classroom. After school I ran all the way to the lost and found (even when you aren't allowed to run on the blacktop) and searched for my jacket. When I looked it wasn't there!

As soon as I was in the car, I looked on the back seat (because I usually keep my jackets there) and there it was.
Then I just remembered that I didn't bring a jacket to school because it was a really sunny and a burning hot day.

Abhinav said...

I have lost many things but I felt most sad when I lost a library book. This incident actually took place right here in school. I brought the book to school so I could read it. I don't know where I put it and I still don't. I looked everywhere for the next few days but it was no use. I guess I'm kind of lucky I don't have to wear glasses because if I did I would lose them for sure.

William said...

I lost plenty of things but the worst thing I lost was the principal's report on the school. So when I was in kindergarten I buried the principal's report. When she was going to leave she told me to give back her report but I couldn't find it. So I dug up the whole sandbox trying to find it. But I still didn't so I went to the principal's office. Lucky for me the principal saved her work so she just printed another one. When she was done she started telling me a bunch of useless stuff. But now I find them useful.

Puja said...

Let's start from the top.
In third grade, I used to forget my lunch box every other day, so my mom would scold me every time. I got so scared that I stopped telling her so she would find out when I was sleeping. My mom finally stopped shouting and the # of lunchboxes reported missing dropped too. Now I never forget!
I also lost a green jacket and pink jacket. I found them in the car. Later, I lost the green jacket again, and never found it again.
I also lost a beautiful soft brown jacket. It had a pink hood, and a pink and white stripe across.
Some funny things happened too. Once, one of the lenses fell out when I was wiping it. I didn't want to bother my parents, so they didn't find out for months.
Another time, I thought I was missing my glasses, so I looked everywhere. Finally, I almost started to cry, when I realized that they were on my face the whole time! Got to go!

Jeffrey the guy who has lost 30 jackets said...

I have lost TOO many things. Let's see, I have lost more than 20 jackets since kindergarten, $17 bucks two years ago, a jellybean last week, my homework twice since the beginning of the year, and a paper crane today. There are some things I thought I had lost but then I find them. One was my favorite ballpoint pen which I found on the piano seat. I did my music theory homework there and then I left it on the seat. There are still a TON of things I lost then I found but I don't want to bore you so I just named the ballpoint pen story.

Mihir said...

Now...where should I start? I've lost quite a few jackets, including the 2005-2006 portal jacket. I felt so bad for that. I also forgot my lunch box at school once, and I didn't find it until two days passed. I lost my mechanical pencil once, but I found it in my room a few days later. I've also lost some homework a few times. I felt so ashamed of losing it. I've also lost a 100 rupee note in India, and by the time that I noticed that it got lost, I had no clue where it was!

Rebecca said...

I have lost lots of stuff, mostly socks. When I get my socks back there is always a sock missing so my mom buys a lot of socks for the family. I lose my books in the house because they are always under the couch or under my bed. I also lost my favorite pencil and a year later after cleaning my desk I found it.

Auboni Auboni Auboni Auboni Auboni the happy person! said...

I remember I thought I lost my chart with all of the native American tribes culture, food and stuff like that, and I needed to bring it to school tomorrow I started to cry for like a hour (no kidding) then I found it behind the couch :|. I lose a lot of thinks partly because I first do my homework on my desk but then I get bored and go to my bed and then to my parents room, living room, the couch and then to the sun room. So by the end of the day I probably loose a LOT of things but its probably not that (he he.) Over All I have lost many things but on 1/2 of them I actually find. Some strategies you can use is by checking EVERYWHERE!! But be sure to check the lost and found in the office and in the lunch place too. Also you can get a couple of your friends and look for it like I did when I lost my sweater. Good luck!!!! :)

Mahi said...

Yes, I have lost my little my earing and it never showed up to me after that. Another thing I lost is a special paper {homework}. I have gone crazy after I lost it. But then I found it in the science section of my binder.

Vincent said...

I have lost plenty of things. I can almost lose one of my things anywhere I go. Once, I went to my friend's house and I almost lost my DS. One thing I lost for a long time was my glasses. I lost it for about three weeks. The day I found it was when I went to my friends birthday party. It was in my friend's brother's room.

Edward the irresponsible kid said...

I nhave lost many things before. One of the worst things I have ever lost was my 11 tooth. It was all because I missplaced it. When I could not find it I felt terrible and I cried all night. In the mourning I kept looking but I still could not find it. So I just gave up on looking for it. I also have lost hundreds of lego pieces, mostly the lego missles. About five years ago I lost a missle and I found it two years later.

Shreya Neogi said...

I have lost a lot of things mostly in Kinergarden. Mostly jackets. One time in 2nd garde my mom bought me this brand new blue, water bottle that I just adored. I kept it somewhere and the next thing I know it I lose it. The worst jacket I lost was soft, warm, and light green jacket that was so nice. My mom bought it for me from Isreal when she was on a bussiness trip. I took it off for PE and left it lying on the grass. The next time I remembered I tryed to find it, but I couldn't. I feel super guilty about loosing it.