By: Clara Hi guys! I would like to share with you about my dance experience. On my last dance performance I had to perform four dances and two shows. It was very time pressing for me to dress up four times in a very short time. For my ballet dance, I dressed up like a princess. We played European traditional dance. For my other dances, I dressed up different costumes to fit for the scene. My most favorite dance was Thai dance where I dressed like a Thai girl. Another dance was about a group of playful school kids enjoying the start of a new school year. My final dance was about a butterfly flying around a bunch of pretty flowers and thrilled by the wind and sound. I was very nervous at the beginning. When I heard applause from the audience, I started to relax and enjoy the dance. It was a very great experience dancing on stage and I am looking forward to a better performance for next year. Have you danced on a stage or watched a dance performance before? How was your experience? Please tell me!
Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed
Friday, December 4, 2009
My Dance Performance
Posted by
Mrs. Yu
at
6:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



24 comments:
I have been in many dance preformances. The first performance I was very nervous. I started enjoying them after a few. The type of dance I do is an indian type called Kuthak. You dance with your feet and your hands follow a pattern to match with your feet. I have been learning since I was seven and I think anybody could enjoy it.
I have danced on stage twice because at Boyscouts, whad to had to do this hip hop dance. I also had to perform a Christmas dance for Chinese school. I was nervous cause I had to memorize these songs that I had to sing. It was a relief when it was over. *sigh*
I have never been on stage before except when I was in 3rd grade in Chinese School. We had to do this really weird dance and sing a even weirder song. It was a fashion show or something. I thought it was really awkward.
P.S. If you don't belive me, ask Aaron. He was in my class.
I have been to several dance performances before. I had to do a dance performance every year for my chinese school for chinese new year, and I did one ballet performance. I really liked the ballet one because it was fun. We got these really pretty dresses to wear for the performance. They were black velvet leotard with mint green sleeves and tu-tu, and on the leotard there were colorful beaded flowers.
I've only danced onced in a ballet recital.But the teacher said I had to stop slouching (ha ha). But it looks like fun to dance by the discripion that clara wrote.
Great post Clara!!!!
I have been to a lot of dance performance well one was my sisters. I did two dance performances. I got stage fright because I six years old.
I have been in dance preformances. The first time I hace went, I was so nervous, but in the middle of the show I relaxed a bit. I have done a few more preformances. I was pretty nervous in the beginning, too. I do not go to dance class anymore.
Well I actually hate dancing and singing a lot because I'm really bad at it. Haha! Wow, no offence, I'm really happy there isn't anymore school plays! *wipes of sweat as a sign of showing relief to anyone who is reading this*
Good post though.
Speaking of play, I'm coming to the Vacation to Mars play! Muhahahaha make sure you don't mess up cause I'm bringing a camera! Hehe
I learn had learned a few types of dances, and performed a few times. When I was very young I used to learn ballet and tap dancing. I sure I enjoyed it!
Currently I am learning Indian classical dance called Odissi. It takes lots of stamina to dance that.
I have been on stage atleast once a year. Did everybody forget the play performances. I guess maybe it isn't exactly dancing because we mostly only do hand gestures. Other than this I have never been on stage dancing before.
I've never danced on stage before, and do not plan on doing that for the next 40 years either. However, I like to dance to the beat of my favorite music when I am alone. Two years ago, a group of Portal teachers went to a conference, and I had a short lesson of line dance. It is easy to learn and follow, I wish I had time to take more lessons. Like it or not, dancing is part of your PE curriculum, not just in elementary school, but in middle school as well. I really like Clara's pictures, you look gorgeous in your dance outfit!
I have danced on stage before. At my chinese school they make you do a dance every year. This year we have to do a dance. This year wasn't so bad. Eric and I were in the same chinese school class and yes we did a fashion show last year. It was actually really weird because this dude did a move while one hand holds his neck and one hand holds one of his legs up. It was crazy.
I don't think I have ever danced on stage before, except for the play preformances. I also don't think I will enjoy dancing and singing on stage because I am not good at all. But sometimes I like to sing and dance along with my favorite songs alone.
I've never been to a dance contest before but my sister did. I 've been on stage a few times before. My kung fu perfomance, Christmas choir, and piano. After I was done, I didn't feel too bad.
I have been to MANY dance performances. I started to do performances when I was 4. I was a nervous wreck at the beginning of my first performance, but then I tried relaxing and it ended up me having fun! Once, at a performance, everybody forgot a certain part because it was really hard. But knew what it was. Since nobody did it, I was starting to get nervous. But then I tried and I got the dance part and then everyone joined in. I felt so happy because after the play, a lot of people said "great job!" to me. It felt really good having a lot of people appreciating you. I hope I will have another one soon!
I have never danced on stage before. The only time I actually danced on stage was in plays. I sometimes dance when the music is on and I start a random dance!
I have been in many dance performances before. I was not nervous because I was too excited. I have done ballet and jazz. Right now I am doing adult ballet. Dance can be hard and fun. It can be hard because if you do something wrong in the performance you have to act like you were meant to do that.
I have never been on stage before except
during plays. I also don't really like to dance. I like to sing though.
I write my own songs. My brother has been to dances in school. He told me that it is fun and that I should do it in Middle school. He also told me that he always likes to start a conga
line, a really big conga line. Great post Clara!
I have never done any performance really since when I was about five years old. I just mostly twirl around when I am in a performance.I have also seen many performances too.
I have watched two indian dances. I was really cool, first the dancer narrates a part of a big story and dances to the meaning of it, for example it means a God the dance will worship that god because of its meaning of the short little story
I have performed many dance shows when I was in ballet and tap dance class. When I got on the stage I was really, really NERVOUS. I went up there by myself and performed a smooth ballet dance with scarves. I danced to really nice music.
NOW I have a BIGGER performance, and that is at 6:30! Can you guess what I have to do?.................
Thats right ..... PLAY PERFORMANCE!!!!!
I have never been on a dance performance but I have seen many. One of them include the Nutcracker which we went on a field trip last year. No offense to the actors, but they messed up! Once I danced on this Chinese School performance but everyone needed to dance. I just went disco and hyper. Nice post Clara!
I have never danced on stage before,but I still kind of hope I can.To me dancing looks hard but all my friends tell me to do it. Though I don`t dance on stage I still dance around sometimes.
I have never danced before in my life exept for in plays. My sister though takes Hip Hop classes and is good at it. I can't dance because when I go up on stage I feel nervous. Maybe I will try dancing later on in Middle School.
Post a Comment