By Collette, the Great Vacationer
Hey, guys!! Have you ever been to Denver? WHAT..... you haven't ? WELL..... let me tell you a few interesting things about my Thanksgiving Trip to Denver, Colorado.
1. Denver is very high up! It is surrounded by mountains and is called the Mile-high City because it is 1 mile above sea level. You have to drink lots of water or you can get dizzy with altitude sickness.
2. They have LOTS of snow! When it snows the snow stays on the ground for two or three weeks afterwards because it is so cold. It snowed before we arrived, so we built a snowman, which was a lot of fun when there's LOTS of snow on the ground!
Another great thing you have to do is........................ have a SNOW BALL FIGHT!!!
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A SNOWBALL FIGHT BEFORE? IF YOU HAVEN'T YOU REALLY SHOULD TRY IT!! I filled a 15 inch bucket with snow and my friend was getting my brother distracted by throwing snow balls at him. I waited until he fell down...... then I lifted the heavy bucket and..... CRASH!! The snow in the bucket fell on top of my brothers back!! THAT WAS SO FUNNY! Also, after a snow storm the roads are covered with WHITE snow! It will be hard to drive on the roads without special chains on the car tires. Also, because of all the snow, there are many ski resorts in the mountains of Colorado, but we didn't go up there.
3. You must wear warm clothes in the snow and outdoors.... I had to wear long socks, furry boots, SEVERAL layers of clothes, long sleeves and a sweater, plus a big cozy jacket! But, after our snowball fight my clothes got wet and I was FREEZING!!
4. We also went to the Mall on 'Black Friday'. Have you ever heard of 'Black FRIDAY'? Black Friday has big price cuts and is held everywhere after THANKSGIVING!!!!! (You are probably wondering that..... this has nothing to do with Denver..... right?? WELL.... it's true, I just wanted to bring this up.) After we finished shopping, we went to see the movie 'Planet 51' which is about us humans being the aliens on another planet - really funny!
Now I have a question to ask you... Did you do something interesting for Thanksgiving Vacation? HOPE YOU LIKE MY POST! ..... Looking forward to our next vacation at CHRISTMAS!!

22 comments:
No I have never been to Denver before but after reading your blog I really want to go. I still did do something very intresting in my Thanksgiving break. I WENT TO LAKE SHASTA. I really liked it. I went with four other families and lived in a three-story house. On the first-story their was one room which was a bedroom and the type of bed inside it was a... WATERBED! instaed of a matress there was a big thing filled with water. It was really hard just standing on it, forget about jumping. Anyways I really enjoyed going to Lake Shasta and look forward to our next Christmas Break.
Great Post Collette !!!
I don't know how I'll live in Denver without a jacket! The place must be as frosty as the North Pole! One thing for sure, I'd win the snowball fight! For most people to get around town, the best thing to do would be to go on skis or wear snowshoes. Now to Thanksgiving... My dad made this roast turkey with lots of spices, and every few bites I would have to take a gulp of sparkling cider. I'd like to visit Denver sometime.
I have never been to Denver but I would really want to see the snow. I still did get to celebrate Thanksgiving break. My cousins came over! I was SO happy but they are older than me. Their names were Julie and Vera. They are both in college and they both live in San Francisco alone. After they saw each other, they really wanted to hang out and become best friends. They went to our house to celebrate. We ate many varieties of food. I didn't know a lot of those food but I still tried the food. I also ate turkey with my cousins. It was my most favorite food when we ate lunch. When we were done, my brother had a class to go to so we dropped him off and we went to a Chinese supermarket. It was open, even though today was Thanksgiving. Then his class was done so we went home and played board games. We also did poker. I didn't really like it so I just watched. It was 7:30 so we ate dinner. There was leftovers from lunch so we ate the leftovers. Then it was 8:00 so we took them back to San Francisco. They said bye and left. It was a great night and I will never forget about it. I am really looking forward to our CHRISMAS BREAK!!!
Great post Collette!!
On the Thanksgiving Break, I went to Washington on Monday night to Friday. The weather at Washington was really cold and it rained a lot. I met my two cousins and they still had school until Wednesday. :( I stayed at their house and played video games until they came home. My cousin also had a Apache helicopter that flew really far but it ran out of battery quickly. This was what I did over my Thanksgiving break.
I have never been to Denver, but I hope I can go next year. {I'm going to Reno and Lake Tahoe this Christmas break.} On Thanksgiving Break, I went to two Thanksgiving paries on the same night. The first parties food was really delicous. There was turkey, clam chowder, cupcakes, etc. For the second party, i just ate some popcorn and Gatorade. I hope I get to eat food as good in Christmas Break.
I didn't really do anything special on the Thanksgiving break but it was still fun. On Saturday, it was my birthday. I played computer games all day and we also ate apple pie and ice cream because I don't like cake. I also got a lego and a cool flashlight thing that doesen't run on batteries. You have to keep turning the handle to make light. there is also a siren and a compass. That is pretty much all I did but I think it was still fun. I'm really looking foward to Christmas break
I've never been to Denver but I'd like to go. I went to Misson Springs winter reatreat for three days two nights. We lived in a cabin called Pine. This trip was kind of fun. I'm looking forward to our Christmas break.
For Thankgiving Break, my grandfather(my mom's side)is sick and not doing well, so my mom decided to go to Harika's(my friend and cousin)house. At her house, some little kids wanted to play with Harika's stuffed toys, but she wouldn't let them, so they did a spy mission to sneak the toys, and put them back, and they succeded! Best of all, there was pumpkin pie with whipped cream for dessert!
I actually have never been to Denver. I also didn't do anything for Thanksgiving either except invite a few people over. Great post.
During the Thanksgiving break, I played computer games on Wednesday for 6 hr. Then on Thursday, I went to my friends house and played their for an hour. I also was playing basketball for 2 hours until I got tired. On Friday, we went to Black Friday shopping which is when all the stores open from Thursday midnight to 5:00 a.m. The sales are from Friday to Saturday. This is what I did.
I have actually never went to Denver before, but I really want to. In fact when I grow up I would like to travel to each and every state in the country. It must have been VERY VERY VERY cold when Collette went to Denver, because right now it's here its freezing cold, while in Denver it's snowing and everything!
I have have been in tons of snowball fights. It just so happens that every time I get hit in the face. I hate it!
I have never been to Denver before but after reading your post I would really like to visit Denver. I would so win in the snowball fight. You just make a truce with another person who is fighting and then you betray them. I didn't do anything at the Thanksgiving vacation but.
I had never been to Denver before. On Thanksgiving Day, I went to Gilroy Gardens with my friend.The banana spilt, train, Mushroom swing, and the Quicksilver are the best. The Tubs-o-Fun was not fun. It should be called, Tubs-o-Dizzy. It really made me dizzy after riding it two times. I spun it so fast that is was x2 of dizzines. The ride spun and the tub spun too. We also bought silly hats. We also bought some pizza. There was a scavenger hunt. Toys are in different places. It is in the Monarch Garden, Learning Shed 2,... I liked it so much!
I didn't do much for the Thanksgiving break. I just invited my best friend over to play. It went on pretty well. Actually when my friend's mom came to pick him up, she told me that I could to my friend's house to play the next day. So that was basically going on a vacation. Maybe I'd go visit Denver some time. I've never been there. Hey! I actually know a pop singer who died many years ago. His name is John Denver. I think his last name wasn't Denver. He prbably changed his real last name into Denver because he liked that city.
I have never been to Denver but I really do. During Thanksgiving once, I went to Lake Tahoe. We ate turkey, went skiing, build forts, and snowball fight. I hope I can go to Denver! Great post Collette!
I have never been to Denver. I have been in snow before! You must be wondering what I did for Thanksgiving. I went to someone's home to have a whole day Thanksgiving celebration party. It was a potluck. We were there from 1:00 to 11:00!
I have never been to Denver, but it looks like fun. During the Thanksgiving break, I had a small feast with my close family friends. We had turkey, homemade mashed potatoes, gravy, and vegetables. Then we watched a movie and went to sleep. The rest of the break I watched my brothers turkey tournament on soccer. They lost so it was very boring:).
I didn't do anything exciting during my Thanksgiving break except for getting wrestled and sat on by my cousins. I did learn about my family and how they moved from Japan to America. That was interesting and fun.
I have never been to Denver but it sounds interesting. I didn't do much on Thanksgiving but I still did something interesting. My dad wrapped a blanket around me and laid me in the car at 5:30 and drove to Game Stop. He bought a PS3. When we got home we watch some shows on t.v. and that was pretty much what happened.
I have never been to Denver before but after you described it, I REALLY want to go! Over the Thanksgiving break, I stayed home and had a Thanksgiving meal with my family. We also watched a movie together. Nice post Collette!
I've never been in Denver and would and I would like to. I have not done anything that intresting over Thanksgiving break. Most of the time I was shoping because my parents wanted to go to Macy's for the sale. I had Kaytlin over for a playdate on Wednesday and had a great time. I also had a small Thanksgiving party with a few close friends.
I never went to Denver before but it sounds like a nice place. The most interesting part in my Thanksgiving break is having my friends over for a Thanksgiving feast. We played Hide and Seek for a really long time and it was funny when I hide on top of the grass and no one found me I an totally looking foward to Christmas break.
Post a Comment