Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Sunday, December 20, 2009

December Kids!

All right, Mrs. Yu is not exactly a kid anymore, even though I still feel like one sometimes (shhhh…….). Yes, winter break has begun, and here I am with two hours left for my birthday. I am so glad no one yelled out loud at school about my birthday, because I really don't celebrate my birthday in any particular way. Yet I am fortunate that my family members remember this day well. Today I got phone calls from my dad, mom, and my three sisters. Even my friend, who I grew up with since elementary school, sent me an email to wish me happy birthday. I started my day with a long walk with my husband along the creek behind Portal School along Lawrence Expressway. Yes, I am getting older, so it's even more important to exercise to stay healthy. At lunchtime, we headed out to Palace BBQ for yummy Korean food. Later I spent hours talking to my family members who called me from the east coast and across Pacific Ocean. I really miss my parents and my sisters.

Don't forget I am not the only December born who has birthday during the break. In three days, it will be Zarah's birthday (12/23), and eight day later, Rebecca's birthday (12/31)!!

Send in a comment if you see this post to wish Zarah and Rebecca happy birthday! Even though we don't get to see each other until January 4th next year, we don't have to stop our communication!

Have a wonderful break dear students from room 24!

Mrs. Yu

11 comments:

Mihir the spongebob fan:) said...

Happy Birthday Mrs. Yu. You Rock! Also, have a fantabulous winter break. Also, Merry Christmas&Happy New Year!I cannot wait until January when school starts again.

Happy birthday Zarah and Rebecca as well.

p.s. Mrs. Yu, do you remember the Yurok joke?(You Rock, Yurok) Ha Ha!

Da Wisher (Jonathan) said...

Oh, I haven't checked on our blog yet but I forgot it was your birthday Mrs.Yu. We'll HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Enjoy your break and see you back on January 4th.

Clara :) said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mrs. Yu! Have a fantastic winter break. Also, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I can't wait to see my friends and classmates in January again. Also, Happy birthday to Zarah and Rebecca. Enjoy your winter break!

Da Master (Jonathan) said...

I forgot to say but Happy Birthday to Zarah and Rebecca. Happy late birthday.

Aditya :) :] :) said...

Happy Birthday Mrs. Yu!!!! Have a safe and enjoyable winter break! Boy, I can't wait till school resumes on January 4th!!! Also, have a wonderful Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!Happy Birthday Zarah and Rebecca!!!

Nidhi :) :D =) =D said...

Happy Belated Birthday Mrs. Yu Zarah and Rebecca!

Ishan the birthday wisher said...

HAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYY BBBBIIIIIRRRRRTTTTTHHHHHDDDDAAAYYY
MRS. YU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy, Happy, Birthday, Happy Birthday!!!!!!! Ah ok...sorry...I kinda...forgot...but then I remembered! =)

Once again...HAPPY late BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And a merry christmas with a happy new year!

Lynn=) said...

Happy birthday Mrs.Yu! Have a perfect winter break! And, Merry Christmas! Happy birthday to Zarah and Rebecca too! Ho ho ho!

Birthday girl(Zarah) said...

I watched Alvin and the Chipmunks part 2 on my b-day day at night!!!!!!! It was a cool movie..... we had dinner at Pizza Chicago!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!! IT WAS SOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!! Anyways.... happy late b-day to me and Mrs.Yu and happy b-day Rebecca!!!!!!

Auboni said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYBODY!!!!!!!! I remembered it, I really did! I just forgot to post a comment here. :( Oops. Well Happy Birthday Rebecca, Mrs.Yu, and Zarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Soraya said...

Big Birthday wishes to Rebecca, Zarah, and especially Mrs. Yu!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone in room 24!!!