By: Justin
Have you ever been camping before? Well I have. I go camping once a year during the summer on July 3 to July 5. I’ve gone camping three times. My favorite campsite is Sunset Beach. I have been there two times with my friends. I bring my bike there. There is a beach ¾ of a kilometer away. I usually ride my bike to the beach. We have potlucks for every meal there. We are allowed to stay up all the way till 12:45 am at night. At the campfire, my friends and me roast marshmallows. I am looking forward to go to Sunset Beach next year. Have you ever gone camping before? If you have, please tell us about your experience. If not, would you want to go?


24 comments:
I have gone camping many times in my life! The first time I went camping was when I was in 2nd grade. It was my first time. It was cold, because we camped at Yosemite in winter. I saw the Upper Fall and the Lower Fall. There was also a river that had fishes in the creek, but there wasn't a lot because it was in the winter. At night when it was cold, we build a huge fire that was about 4 feet. We roasted marshmellow and told stories. That was my experience camping.
I have gone camping a lot of times too. I really enjoy it in fact I went over one three day weekend with my friends. I was scared that their were going to be bad guys the first time, but I got over that. It is fun because you get to stay up late but is also cold. You also can play with your friends and have a sleepover. it is also very fun roasting marshmallows.
I have never been camping before but it sounds really fun. What sounds really exciting to me is being in the forest. You may see lots of different animals in the forest. I have a tip for people who like to roast marshmallows a lot; Do NOT. I repeat. Do NOT roast your marshmallows over the fire too long or too close to the fire. Especially if there will be a breeze. I'm telling this because one time, my family was invited to my dad's friend's house. We had a BBQ outside and we also got to roast marshmallows. Well, my dad's friend's daughter also invited some of her friands. One of them put his marshmallow to close and a sudden breeze came. The fire touched the marshmallow and it went on fire. When the fire stopped, his stick and marshmallow were completley black. Even the inside was black!(Yuck!) Even though my family and I have never went camping, we have sometimes camped out in our family room. That was when I was in K1 and 1rst grade though.
I have gone camping four times. Once in Grand Teton, a other time in Yellowstone, and twice in Lake Tahoe. I really enjoyed it because we got to go hiking, roast marshmallows, and some times go to a lake to swim if the weather isn't to cold in Lake Tahoe.For some reason, I like to stay inside the tents and play boardgames. I also like the food because sometimes we have to eat in McDonalds and eat barbecued food.
I have never gone camping before because I am not the nature type of person (he, he).Unforchantly,I am scared of bugs! Well, not ants but cockroaches, SPIDERS, and more. But what I do like about camping, is that it seems cool to roast marshmallows, sing camp songs, and look at trees and flowers! I hope I can go camping someday (but I will sleep in the car no matter what!)
I have gone camping maay times with a certain friends. There are two of my friends who are usually there when I am. The boys who come aare younger than me so they are easy to play pranks on. I usually go to Yosemite and see the sights there with my friends. We, too, have potlucks like you, Justin. I t is nice to watch all the parents cook on a diffrent day for a meal of the day. It is great to eat chinese food for other cooks.
I've gone camping once in Yosemite. When I went there, I saw a family of three bears. That was a cool experience. Me and my cousin went and enjoyed the camping experience, especially when we got to learn all about the history of Yosemite National Park and the man named John Muir, who made Yosemite a national park. We also got to see the waterfall and more wild animals like deer.
-Mihir
I've only gone to camping once before. It was pretty fun except the bathrooms were dirty. Everything else were fine. I went with one of my neighbors. They had two daughters
I have never gone camping before but I really want to go camping after reading your blogpost Justin. I heard that it is really fun and that some families have smores for desert. People say that it's a cracker with a delicious marshmallow on top. They also have chocolate or something.
I have never went camping before. I am really scared if I go there because what if the bear's smell my family and they eat them. That would be freaky!!!!! I still want to try something new so I would really want to go camping. I would like to eat the treats that you campers ate because I have seen people go camping. Some of my friends go camping like on Sundays or Saturdays. They told me that they eat S'mores and play and sing songs. It seems like it is really fun. I might go camping during Christmas Break! I can't wait!
I have never gone camping before but I think it would be fun. I would be scared of the bugs and i think that there will be dangerous animals out to get me but it seems fun to roast marshmallows.
I have gone camping many times before. I almost always went with a group because I am in North-west YMCA and we go camping a lot. Most of the time we go to Sunset Beach, and always once a year we would go to Camp Campbell. Camp Campbell is where the older girls would graduate from Atlantis which is the first group. At Sunset Beach we would do a treasure hunt and a sandcastle contest. Last year my group made a giant starfish out of sand and we won third place. We also roasted marshmmallows. Every time I accidentaly burned a marshmallow, I would give it to my dad to eat. I'm not sure why, but he likes burnt marshmallows. I think burnt ones are disgusting
I went camping two times camping with my friends. I was always the first child to get up. It was so so cold in the morning! The campsites were in the hills. We got to bring our ripstiks and ride it. It was so much fun! We got to fry our own marshmellows and sauages! I stayed up until eleven o'clock. The rangers told us to quiet down because it was quiet time. In the morning, when my friend woke up, we had to warm ourselves with making our own fire. When it was in the afternoon, there was a bunch of mosquitoes. I was playing with my friends until it was really late. I went back to my tent without a flashlight, but I could still see. I also played board games with my friends at night. We had a lamp so we could see what we were doing.
I have never been camping before, but I really want to. I have been on this VERY LONG hike that leads to a hut. We stayed there for a week, then went hiking back! Phew! It was so tiring. By what Justin said I'm sure that I'll enjoy camping.
I never been camping before but, I would like to go. Our 4/5 l camping trip is coming soon.... I think.
I don't want to go to our 4/5 camping because I'm not with my parents. I want to go with my parents so we can roast marshmallows. Marshmallows are one of my favorite snacks. At camping you can see lots of wild life animals.
I have been camping many times with my friends. I really enjoy it and I too am looking forward for the next time we go. I remember my favorite time in camping. Me and my friends "discovered" a "nature playground". That means a playground that is completely made out of nature. we found it just like this. There was a log on a giant rock so it was like a see-saw. We rode on it many times. And there was also a monkey bar like thing because there was one stick on two other sticks so it was the monkey bars with one bar! But that two was fun to try. The whole area was a bunch of logs everywhere so it was like a playground to try and climb it. And there was also a really long log that tilted on a rock so it looked like a slide! But when me and my friends tried to "slide" down it.........let's just say that the sight was not pretty. We didn't do that again so we tried to walk, climb, and crouch on it! Me and my friends had the best time ever! That really was my favorite time I went camping. Sometime I hope you can try that too! And even if you can't find it, try to make a playground by moving things around a bit! For the people who has been camping before, I recommend it to you!
Iwent camping a lot when I was younger. Now I don't do that much camping. I go about once a year with my Girl Scout troop. When I go camping, I go to bed early because I know I will have a busy day the next day. I do have marshmallows.
I have been camping once. My friend was having a surprise birthday party and for the night, we stayed outside. We had roasted marshmallow's and it was really fun! Like Collette mentioned, we are going to Outdoor School. I am gonna miss my parents like MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it is gonna be really fun!
I love camping! I go to Big Basin every year. I started to go to camping when I was six years old. I went with some of our family friends. Sometime we played games such as The Memory Game. But the best part I like about camping is biking, hiking, and the all time favorite--- MARSHMALLOWS!!
When I was little(in kindergarten, to be exact), in the summer, we went camping with a couple of families! Most of the kids sat in the trunk. The trunk was really just space behind the back seats.
However, I was worried about sitting there, so I sat in my dad's lap.
We camped in the woods, but I don't remember much.(I was only five, you know!)
I do remember that we also went to the beach. Everyone pulled their pants up and waded in the water, even the grown-ups!
I think the grown-ups played volleyball, but I'm not sure.
Another time I went camping was last year fo Girl Scouts.
The food was really delicious, even though we made it our selves. The marshmallows taste better when they are burned, but only burned on the outside. One kid burned the inside, too, and set it on fire.
We did silly plays, and sang campfire songs. In the morning , we had pancakes, and left. On the way home, we stopped at a beach. It was fun.
I have gone camping many times. Every single year we go camping. Last year we went to Lake Taho to camp we went canoeing. Then one time when we went camping we accidently left a can of popcorn outside and the bear ate it. I was so mad it took me a whole bag of marshmallows to calm me down. Also one time we made a fire that was so big that it took 5 minutes to put it out that was quite an experience
I have been camping hundreds of times before! I usually go camping at Little Basin. The first time I went camping was when I was nine months old. I`ll say that I don`t really remember what I did.
The last time I went camping was this September, and we went with my sisters friends Allison and Jodie. When I first got there, I got swarmed by mosquitoes.
I like camping because you get to enjoy nature and the best part is ....... MARSHMALLOWS AND S`MORES.
I have been camping at Big Basin and Little Basin. I liked Little Basin more than Big Basin. When I went to Big Basin, I went with my family of four. When I went to Little Basin, I went with my friends and my family.
Yeah I love camping! I went camping over the labor day weekend. The best part was mountain biking! I LOVE mountain biking! THe bad thing is that I was going down this VERY VERY steep slope of rocks and my tires just bailed on me and popped. It was really fun though. Oh yeah! Dilip also came with me!
Post a Comment