Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Skiing

By: Edward

Hey guys! Have you ever gone skiing before? Well, I have gone skiing many times and it is my favorite winter sport. Skiing is when you are wearing two skis on your feet and you are going down a snow covered hill. The first time I went skiing was when I was 5 years old. I used to be very scared when going down the hill. I had to take lessons to get better at it. During the classes they taught me how to turn and slow down. After the classes I was a lot better than I was before I took the lessons. My favorite ski resort is Mount Rose. I like it because it has long and easy trails.

Right now I am at the intermediate level. I am hoping that I will make it to black diamond this year. Have you gone skiing before? Will you be going this year? Are you going to try?

22 comments:

Auboni said...

I have gone skiing once and it was so much fun!! After we mastered the way to stop and things like that me and my brother (he was snowboarding) went down the hill (which to us is pretty big). I hope we will go skiing this year! If you never went skiing before give it a try, its really fun.

Zarah said...

I have never been skiing but my brother did skiing lessons in Lake Tahoe. The reason I don't go skiing is because I am afraid of the slopes in the snow and I am afraid that I might trip and fall on the skiing board. Next time I go in snow, I might try skiing!

Clara Y. :] said...

I have never gone skiing before but I would never want to try it. I wouldn't try it because my brother got hurt when he was skiing. He got hurt in the spine. I think somebody pushed him and he fell on the thing that pushes the board so he got hurt and we called an ambulance to go to the emergency room. We got there in a jiffy! Once we got there my dad sent us back to our hotel. We were on a vacation to Lake Tahoe so we had to stay in a hotel. I slept when my dad was driving my mom and I back to our hotel. My brother was gone for three days and 4 nights. I really missed him! Even though he sometimes bothers me a lot. Finally, he came back to the hotel the next day. I was SO happy! I think it will be fun to go skiing!

Sabrina said...

I love skiing! I usually go almost every year since few years ago. It take me awile to get used to it becuase I haven't went for a very long time. I want to learn snowboarding. I always go to northstar in Lake Tahoe to ski. The highest lane I been to was blue.

Lynn=) said...

I have been skiing a lot of times. It is really fun!!! I can jump while skiing, take sharp turns, and
a lot more
My favorite things to do during skiing are going down high slopes, going on the lift, and jumping off the lift. My brother likes to go snowboarding.
I like to go to Lake Tahoe. Whenever I go there, my family and friends come too. Then we always stay there for three-four days.I think skiing is REALLY fun!

Arjun R. said...

I like to go skiing each winter with my family. Sometimes it was tough to control my skiis because it was so slippery. While skiing I also like to go on the ski lift, it's kind of scary. I know how to turn, stop, and go fast really easily now. This winter I hope to go again and learn a few more tricks while skiing.

Vincent said...

I am going to ski at Thanksgiving break. I like skiing. At Mt. Rose, I go on the lift all the time. I take skiing lessons and at the end, I sometimes get hot chocolate.

Eric:) :] :p :o said...

I never went skiing before but it's not because I don't want to try it or anything. My mom never takes us to places that snow so I don't even get a chance to go skiing. I bet its' really fun though. I wish I could try it someday.

Mahi said...

No, I have never went skiing before but it looks fun. I am going skiing this winter break I think. I hope I do not fall down and get hurt. My sisters went skiing before when I was a months baby. Sometimes I am scared if I fall and get a bruse. Does it hurt when you fall down?

rachel rabbit said...

I have gone skiing a few times before and it was pretty fun. I'm still not that good yet but I liked it. I think its a little bit hard.

Aaron the skiier said...

I have went skiing when I was three or four. I liked it a lot! I thought it was a lot of fun. But I have never went again because my family and I don't have time. I really want to go again. I hope that I have the chance to do it again before I am too old to do it. I hope everyone tries it too!

Da Skiier (Jonathan) said...

I have been skiing many times and it is fun because you can zoooooooooom down the mountain at top speed. I like to go to Lake Tahoe to ski and I like the mountain Mt.Pluto. I haven't been skiing in 2-3 years because I go to my cousins house for Christmas. I am most likely going to skiing this year because my mom said so. I might try snowboarding this year.

raymond the skiier said...

Skiing is also one of my favorite sprorts. Sadly, I've only went skiing once, but it was a good experience. After I took a lesson about skiing, I got pretty good at. When my dad and I went down a hill, I sometimes let my dad go first, then I go. I always catch up to my dad before we get to the end of the hill. Once, I accidently crashed into a fence. I was lucky it wasn't a metal fence, or else I'd probably get hurt real badly. The fence was made of soft plastic, so I got tangled by the fence. My skiis fell off and I had an adult nearby entangle me. I don't no, but maybe I will go skiing this winter.

Rakhi said...

I love skiing. It's really fun. I go every year with all of my family friends. Sometimes my friends and I go to a skiing class together. The place we go every year is Lake Tahoe. As you can see, I love skiing and you should really try it if you haven't

Abhinav said...

I've never gone skiing though I really want to. The reason why I don't go skiing is that I rarely go to snowy places like once every other year and I only stay there for two to three days. Almost all my friends went skiing except a few kids. One of my friends broke a bone though when he was skiing because he tripped over a rock or something like that. I hope the next time I go to a snowy place(which is probably in 2011 because I went this year) I can go skiing (or maybe not because of all the accidents).

Collette :D :P said...

I have never been skiing before, but I would like to go one day in Lake Tahoe and I would like to go snowboarding there too. I'm guessing that skiing must be really fun. When you ski, you have really HUGE slopes...... thats scary!!

Rebecca the skier said...

I have skied before . I am not a serious skier, but I love to ski. My favorite part about skiing is jumping, falling down, and getting snow in my ski pants. I also like throwing snow at my sister with my skis. ( he he heeee ) I might go skiing this year , but cross country skiing in Wisconsin. ( I am going this winter )

CoolScientist Mihir said...

I've never tried skiing but it looks fun! One thing that I've always been is an indoor person like Greg Heffley, but I'm always learning new stuff like Ripstik. I would like to try skiing like mad, because it looks cool and I'd like to try something new and get in to the latest fad. I'd love to give skiing a try.

William said...

I went skiing before it was really fun but now I switched to snowboarding. I don't think I will be skiing this year. Skiing is really fun and so is snowboarding but snowboarding is more risky. In my opinion snow boarding is better than skiing because I know how to snowboard backwards.

Shreya the skiier said...

I've went skiing before, but I hated it. The first few years we started off easy, but as soon as we went the last time, I hated it so much that I faked I had a stomach ache and the instructor let me stay in the warm cabin where all my parents and family were.
If we are going to go this year I am not looking foreword to it. I will beg my parents not to go at all!

Leanne said...

I have been only skiing once in Lake Tahoe. I was pretty fun except I always fell down.I am going skiing again this winter. I hope I will improve.

Justin said...

I have never seen snow, let alone skiing. I wish to go to Reno or Lake tahoe on the winter break and ski but it will be up to my parents. Once we tryed to go to Reno to ski but I got sick then my father got sick then my mother got sick. I will give skiing a try.