The Food pyramid is a very important part of our health. It is very important because if your grain category becomes thinner and the whole oil category gets wider it is very bad for your health. First, I eat whole grains like wheat bread, cheerios, or oatmeal for breakfast. Also, I eat at least 3 portions of dairy products like milk, cheese, and yogurt. Then, I eat the vegetables from the vegetable category like peppers, potatoes, lettuce, okra, beans, and eggplant. Oils, meats and beans are good at a moderate amount, but grains, vegetables, and dairy products are better for you. I don’t eat meat and get my proteins from lentils, beans and eggs. When I get a snack I’ve one fruit before eating chips or cookies. Finally, I remember to drink water with every meal. What type of food do you eat from any of these groups? Do you keep your meals balanced?


12 comments:
Ahh yes, I always like a good healthy person like you Siddesh! (By your blogpost I assume you are VERY healthy) Yes, balanced meals are important! Although, I do not care for the calories in foods because I'm already so skinny it woulnd't make a difference if I only ate 100 calories in a day or 10,000!
The food pyramid that is shown on Siddesh's post was designed by the usda, which is a department in our government that makes sure that people are eating healthy. The usda food pyramid is not the only one in the world. For example, in the Mediterranean countries like Italy, oils, especially olive oil, are an important part in the diet. You should always eat healthy, but taking too many servings of some nutrients can turn out to be a disaster. People who take too much cholesterol can result in heart attack.
You should keep your body healthy, and nice post!
On Tuesday's, I usually go to Trader Joe's with my mom. Over there, I get 3 apple's and a fresh fruit yogurt. And, whenever I come back from school, I usually eat an apple. If there is no apple, then I usually eat cereal and then I eat cookies during HW time.
I like to eat vegetables like broccoli and carrots. I do not eat a lot of oils because they are not good fir me. I also eat a balanced amount of meat and grains. Still if you eat to much of one thing it is not good for you. Did you know that a college student needs more foods then a fifth grade student? That's because the college student might play football and need more energy for his or her's cells and a fifth grade student doesn't might not exercise as much as the college student. That's why the college student needs more food for his or her's cells.
I am a very healthy person. After school, I eat a orange or a banana first and then I eat junk food. I only eat one cookie and I eat some chocolate and gum. Balanced meals are important and if you don't eat nutritious food, you will become a couch potato!!!! That would be the worst thing which will happen to you!!
I just eat what my mom gives me because I am not picky and I eat almost anything. I do keep my meals balanced because I always take salad when I get hotlunch and a fruit.
I usally don't have many ''oils and sweets'' snacks, and my mom usally makes rice and vegetable cora for dinner. However, sometimes she gives edalies(rice cakes)with a (spicy)sauce or just spice.
For lunch, she gives similar food like dinner.Sometimes she gives pasta, mac'n cheese, homemade burger,waffles or even pancakes!
For breakfast, I have bread or cereal.
I really like the food pyramid! It looks really pretty and it is an easy way to remember what to eat! Most of the time, I eat what I'm supposed to, but sometimes I get a little carried away. Following the food pyramid is a really good way to keep your body fit and healthy. But to tell you the truth, I am a little underweight. That's why I am trying to keep up with the food pyramid. -Shrila
I sometimes (ok maybe a lot) eat junk food, but I still eat healthy foods like fruits and vegetables too. I also eat meat which gives me protein and drink milk which gives me calcium and makes my bones and teeth strong. It is very important to maintain a healthy diet which is why I do it.
My meals are always balanced. I eat grains, vegetables, and meat every meal. I rarely eat ils and sweets. I don't usually have desserts. My mom sometimes says I'm too skinny but my dad and my Wii Fit video game says I'm all right. Sometimes, I can't resist and I sneakily eat some candy and chocolate, though.
I try to eat balanced meals everyday. My grandma try to cook healthy by not using too many oils or salt. She also gives me fruits to eat after school. I drink two cups of milk everyday and avoid drinking too much soda.
I usually have eat vegetables like broccoli or lettuce during my meals. Since we are not the only ones that uses a food pyramid, other countries may have different ones. If you live in Italy different food oils than we do in the US. Anyways nice post Siddesh !!!!!!!
Post a Comment