By: Rakhi
I love volleyball. I have only played since I was eight but it's really fun. There are many things to it so if you don't know how to play a certain position, you can play a different position. You can block, serve, set and lots of other things. I started playing because my sister was playing it. When she had games, my dad and I would pass the ball to each other and I got motivated to play myself. My favorite position is server. I like to spike, set, hit, and serve. Spiking is standing right at the net and then jumping and pushing the ball down so it will go on to the other persons side. If you hit it correctly, it will go on the floor and you will get a point. Do you play volleyball or have you ever watched a volleyball game? If you don't, will you like to start playing? I hope you will after reading my post!!



18 comments:
I have played volleyball before but I didn't really like it because it is a multi player game cause you need many people to play it because it isn't really fun with two people. It also hurts when you serve it too hard.
Wow! Umm? I never played Volleyball. My brother did. He liked it! Ummm... whenever I go to the beach, I ALWAYS see people playing volleyball. Nice post Rakhi!
Volleyball! Yeah, I tried out for it in Hyde but I didn't make it! Haha. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go next year! I like volleyball! Its really fun! Don't worry "Da Blogger", after you play A LOT of volleyball, your hands and wrists won't heard anymore! Hey, doesn't Ms. McPheeters play volley ball?
I played volleyball before and I liked it. My favorite position is server because I'm best at serving. Sometimes I hit it to hard and it would hurt.
I had watched volleyball on TV. My friends and I play volleyball with balloons. We sometimes spike and it is cheap. I also watched people at a park a kind of mini beach volleyball. We went to a church party and at the gym there was a volleyball court.
I have just played volleyball once but I think that it doesn't really count because I played it with my friend with the rules as you must stand at least six feet away from the net because our net was just a whole pile of sticks and branches from my friends dead tree which turned ou to be three feet tall. I lost that time with the score as 238-236. Anyway, after reading your post, I think Volleyball sounds like a really interesting sport. I see people playing it at Murdock Park sometimes even though it is always the same group of adults who play it. The only thing that would stop me from playing Volleyball is because once Ms.McPheeters broke her arm and her foot and she wore a cast for a month.
Nice Post, Rakhi!
I have played volleyball before and it's fun. I am okay at it but I'm not too good at serving. My sister did try to make the volleyball team but she didn't make it. In Middle School I plan to make the volleyball team and the tennis team.
I don't play volleyball but I heard it's really fun. My sister plays it at Hyde. I don't really want to play though because I tried to serve a ball and I almost broke my wrist. Plus, it's a multi-player game so sometimes you won't be able to get to the ball. I might give it another chance soon though.
I have never played volleyball before but I have watched it. It is pretty fun, but it hurts your fingers when you hit hard.I always see people playing volleyball in the beach or the park.
I have never played volleyball before but, I would like to learn how to play volleyball because it seems like fun. The only time I saw a volleyball match was when I was watching my brother playing it on his Wii game. Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha..........
Perhaps Rahki, you can teach me how to play.
I never had tried volleyball before and my brother had never either. Just like Zarah said I have always seen people play volleyball at Stanford. I would love to try it. It would hurt if you hit it too hard. I think my mom has tried it before. She told me that you have to have strong hands to do it. Nice post Rakhi!!!
I never played volley bll but it looks fun. I wathed one volleyball game on TV. Yes,I would love start to play. When ever my family and friends go to the beach the adults play beach volleyball. It hurts when you get bonked on the head.
I never played volleyball before but I've seen people playing it at the beach when I go there.I don't think I would be good at it though because according to all the comments the ball is very hard and that it hurts so I'm probably not gonna try playing it. And since it's a group game the new players might not get a turn to hit the ball over the net.
I don't really like volleyball but I think it's worth a try. It's sorta like badminton and tennis, and I'm good at both.I'm rather a fan of cricket and baseball. The ball is hard,too so serving will hurt your hands a little. Fifth graders, remember the autograph of Kerri Walsh in Ms. Mcpheeter's room? I also know that Ms. Mcpheeter plays volleyball?
I have never played volley balls before,but I have seen it played on the beach.Umm...I never liked it because my hands hurt so much every time I hit the ball. And Ms. McPheeters Play volleyball too.
I love volleyball too! I have played volleyball since about 5 years old and I still loved it!
I really like volleyball. In sixth grade, I am on the volleyball team with Neeraj.
I LOVE playing volleyball!!! I had no idea that you played too, Rakhi. I started playing when I was in high school, much later than all of you young kids. I ended up getting "paid" to play in college on a full scholarship. Trust me, it did take hard work to accomplish that! I played in college for 5 years traveling all across the country. It was the opportunity of a lifetime! Nowadays, I like to play on the beach. It is really hard to move around in the sand, but it is such a good workout. The best part is diving for the ball because it never hurts! If you ever want to play at lunch time, let me know and I would be more than happy to teach you!!!! Great post Rakhi!!!
Post a Comment