Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Car Crash

By: Shreya

Have you ever experienced a car crash or seen one? Maybe even hear about one?

I have just recently seen one. I was in a car with Auboni and her driver. We were in a traffic jam and late for soccer practice. Suddenly, I saw a car WHOOSH by. It was pretty fast. I didn’t really see what really happened until we moved forward. There was a man lying down as if he were playing dead. I think he was an old man knocked off his wheelchair. I couldn’t really see the details. There were also some people surrounding him trying to carry him up. I couldn’t see the rest because by that time the traffic cleared out and a car behind was blocking my view.

Now that was not the only accident that I know of. My cousin had gotten in a car crash to. They were driving to Lake Tahoe with their friends and their car skid on the icy road, but that was not it. Their soon car flipped over two times and landed over upside down. My cousin neck was bleeding because the seatbelt strap bruised. Her friend had a few bruises, but her mom was hurt real bad. She was in the hospital for a week or so.

Now that I’ve told you about my experience, share with us yours! If you’ve never experienced one, tell us how we could avoid these accidents!

14 comments:

Mihir said...

I've never been in a car crash and never hope to be in one. Drivers could be careful by being aware, alert, and focused in driving. Some crashes are caused by drunk drivers and reckless drivers. Accidents can also occur and those are not very harmful. People should be better drivers to prevent car crashes.

Da Master said...

I have been in 2 car crashes but they din't do a lot of damage. I hope I don't get in another car crash but you can't tell if you will get in a car crash or not. They are unpredictable.

Zarah said...

I heard that Mrs.Yu has been in a car crash! Right Mrs.Yu? Anyways, on the freeway, and like, I saw a car and another car in front of it and the car's hood was TOTALLY damaged! Anyways, I hope car crash's never happen!

vincent said...

I've not been in a car crash before, but my dad did crash. When I went home from Los Angeles, there was a car crash so the highway was taking forever to move. After the car crash, the highway was moving like 70 mph. My Dad Almost crashed a person 2 times.

Lynn =) said...

I have been in a car crash before. It was really scary when it happened. I had no clue of what really happened either. The other person got hurt badly and my dad got hurt a little. To avoid these car crashes, you could be a careful driver and see if anyone is behind you when you take u-turns orany turns.

Abhinav said...

I've never been in a car crash but I know they happen very often. People who go late at night like old teenagers can crash because they are not used to driving in the dark.Ialso hard that more than half the crash injuris are because people forget to buckle in or buckle tight.

Mrs. Yu said...

I have been in two car accidents myself. One took place 10 years ago with both of my boys sitting behind me in my minivan. A pickup truck smashed into the rear of our van thinking I would speed up on yellow light when I slowed down to a full stop. Another one took place more than 20 years ago on the highway from Maryland to New York. My car slipped off the highway in a rainy day and my car was totaled (meaning unrepairable or not worth it to repair it). My husband and I were on our way to visit his brother, who, sadly, passed away yesterday due to a cancer. My family were fortunate to survive both accidents, but many were not. I will continue to be a careful driver, that means looking out for careless drivers around me too.

Sabrina said...

My dad was in a car crash before in the same car that my mom got in a car crash few days ago. My dad was not hurt badly, but still hurt.
I was also in a car crash a few years ago. I was going to get some mail at a place. When I came back, I sat in the car and a brand new car that was just bought that afternoon, crashed into us. I was sitting in the middle and got injured by the window. My brother, on the other hand wasn't.
My brother's best fried was not in a car crash, but he was hit by a car and died. It was just last Thursday when the chinese school next to ours teacher hit him. They called 991 on a cell so it took about 30 minutes, and there was not enough time. I am very sad:(.

Justin said...

I've been in a car crash before. It was a major one. It cost over $6,500 to fix the car. If the car was a little more damaged it would have been in the dump. Luckly no one got hurt.

A Crash Surviver(Edward) said...

I have been been and seen car crash. The car crash occurred when was at Lake Tahoe about four years ago. So first we were about to stop at a red light, when a car behind us crashed. Then we called the police, when the police came he fined the other person $500. Also, I saw a car crash about 2years ago. It was a horrible one there were five cars in it. So 2 were upside down, 1 was sideways, 1 was okay, the other was half smashed.Then I saw 4 police cars,2 ambulances,1 firetrucks. As you can see people should know their streetsmarts.

*Kaytlin* said...

I have not been in a car crash before in my life. My mom has had a car crash before. It happened this year when she was driving back home turning to the left and got hit by a large car. My mom was in pain, but luckily I wasn't in that car crash. I hope that that I won't ever be in a car crash and that people would be more careful when they are driving.

Shrila said...

Car crashes are really scary. Just a couple of weeks ago, my parents were in a car accident. Thank goodness I wasn't there, but I still feel bad for my parents.After tha crash, the whole front of the car ripped off! It looked so scary because you could see the insides of the car! The mechanics said that they couldn't fix it so we have to buy a new car. But for now we are just borrowing our friends car. I hope nobody ever gets in a crash. -Shrila

William said...

I have never been tin a crash because my mom is very careful. So her car never crashed. But once someone bumped into us. she had to pay us for to repair. Car crashes kill many lives and they are caused by irresponsible drivers. So everyone should be careful but even more on highways.

Da Squid said...

My mom's friends car CRASHED into the car in front of it because my mom's friend didn't let go of the brakes and we just kept on proceeding. We couldn't stop and we crashed and they had to get a new car because the impact was so hard it broke the plate on the front, the headlights, damaged the bumper,and the place just below the hood and a few inches to the side. I did not enjoy the crash. It was his BIRTHDAY almost and he got hurt. ALL IN ALL I hope I don't be a part in any more car crashes.