Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Monday, February 9, 2009

Presidents!!

By: Jeffrey President's Day is coming up! The great presidents from George Washington to Abraham Lincoln, from Thomas Jefferson to Theodore Roosevelt, and from John Fitzgerald Kennedy to Barack Hussein Obama have worked hard to earn their presidency. President's Day is to honor all these great presidents. This Thursday, Abraham Lincoln is turning 200 yrs. old! Former President Ronald Reagan turned 98 on the 6th of February, and George Washington is turning 276 the same day I am turning 10 on February 22nd! Four very famous Inaugural speeches were made by John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, and our current president Barack Hussein Obama. "And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country," -John Fitzeragald Kennedy. "The only thing to fear is to fear itself,"- Franklin Delano Roosevelt
" We are not enemies, but friends,"-Abraham Lincoln " Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down, and start in remaking America," -Barack Obama. Some Interesting Facts:
1. The Washington Monument was built to honor our first president.
2. The 36 columns around the Lincoln Memorial symbolize each of the states of the Union in existence at the time of Lincoln's death.
3.Between 1927 and 1941, sculptor, Gutzon Borglum and 400 workers sculpted the busts of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Abraham Lincoln into the mountainside to represent the first 150 years of American history. Please tell us who is your favorite president and why.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that Barack Obama is my favorite president because I have really never experienced any other presidents before except for George Bush. Also he has two daughters which is just like my family. His older daughter is 10, like me, and his younger daughter is 7, like my sister.

By The Way: Great Post Jeffrey!!!!

Anonymous said...

I choose Abraham Lincoln as my favorite president because he played a major role in the civil war! He thought that slavery and segregation was bad. Also he showed that anyone can achieve anything because when he was a child he lived in a 1 room cabin and his parents were very poor farmers, but even so, he became the president of the United States of America!!!!!! I think Barack Obama is also cool though! Yo Jeffrey fantastic post!!!!

Anonymous said...

My favorite presidents are Barack Obama,Abraham Lincoln,John F. Kennedy,Goerge Washington,Thomas Jefferson,John Adams,Ronald Reagan, and Franklin D. Roosevelt.I like all of these presidents because they were great leaders and made America a better place.I wish that that these presidents are alive today so we can meet them.Anyway Nice post Jeffrey Chiu!!!!!

Jeffrey said...

Thank you for complimenting my post. Anyway, my favorite president is George Washington because he is first president, he fought in the Revulationary War as navy captain, and he has the same birthday as me (like how I said in my blog) on 2/22.

Anonymous said...

Barack Obama is my favorite president because he is our first Black president. I haven't seen any different types of work by different presidents except George W. Bush. I address George W.Bush this way because his father was president and you spell his name like that except without the W.

Anonymous said...

My favorite presidents are John Fitzeragald Kennedy, Abraham Lincoln, Franklin Delanor Roosevelt, and Barack Obama. Actually, I do not know much about Obama's prsidency, since he became president only less than a month ago. Still, he has made a lot of progress. I am sure he will be a good president.

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, my two favorite presidents are George Washington and John Adams( Their parties both happen to be Federalist.
The reason for why I like George Washington because he was a brave commander in chief in the Revolutionary War. With his first lady as Martha Washington, they could lead America and make it. In September 3, 1783, The Peace Treaty gets signed.
The reason for me liking John Adams is because he was a deplomat and used problem solving solving skills to stop the arguement between other countries. Abigail Adams was the very intelligent first lady of John Adams. They had a son who became president and his name was John Quincy Adams.
Alexander Hamilton liked Thomas Jefferson better and wanted him to become president. He spread gossip about John Adams. The votes were very close. John Adams lost. John Adams died on July 4! That is exactly my birthday.
Nice post Jeff.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I think that Abraham Lincoln is my favorite president because he tried to demolish salvary and that a really hard thing to do. He was a so poor guy but then he became THE PRESIDENT of UNITED STATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But the sad thing is before he became THE PRESIDENT of UNITED STATES his parents died. So he couldn't celebrate with them. Same thing happened to OUR PRESENT PRESIDENT of UNITED STATES, Barack Obama.

AWESOME POST JEFFREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I like Lincoln.Go Lincoln the guy who's 200 years and 1 day old!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey did you guys know that Lincoln loved cats?
That is sooo sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shivani, Lincoln did like cats but not all. Lincoln was scared of some cats. George Washington also likes cats. Do you how much he begged to get a cat when he was a kid?

Anonymous said...

I choose George W. Bush For Messing up The U.S.

Anonymous said...

My minor favorite presidents are Abraham Lincoln, Chester A. Arthur, William McKinley, and Barack Obama. I like Abraham Lincoln because he stopped slavery. I like C. Arthur because he organized part of the U.S.. I like W. McKinley because he was kind. Finally, I like B. Obama because he is our current president.

Anonymous said...

I don't really have a favorite president because a lot of them did something great for our country. I like John F. Kennedy and I love one of his quotes, " Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country." My favorite president otherwise is probably Barack Obama because he kind of proved that no matter what color skin you have or what race you are you can be a great leader in history. Though I kind of wish that Martin Luther King Jr. ran for president because he taught our country a lot like to fight with words not violence and I like his I have a dream... speech.

By the way: Awesome Post Jeffery!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yo boys and girls!!!!! Did you know that the teddy bear was invented after Theodore Roosevelt? That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for putting 20 exclamation marks but anyway yo perfecto post Jeffrey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (again sorry for putting 24 exclamation marks)

Anonymous said...

Jeffrey, did you know that a relation of a president is also born on your birthday? John F. Kennedy's younger brother was born on February 22nd. So a president AND a president's younger brother was born on your birthday!

Anonymous said...

President Obama is my favorite president because he made a historic vote and he is the first African American president. I also like him because he is a nonviolence person. GREAT POST JEFFREY!!!!!!!!!