Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Monday, February 25, 2008

Giants Defeat Patriots in Superbowl XLII, By Aunoy

The Patriots had a perfect season. 18 wins, zero losses. On February 3rd, Superbowl XLII, the Patriots lost. They lost! How did they loose? Extraordinary playing by the Giants that is.

First quarter, the Patriots were down 0-3 after Lawrence "Prime" Tynes of the New York Giants kicked a field goal.
In the second quarter, Lawrence Maroney ran a two yard touchdown to make the score 7-3. In the second and third quarter Tom Brady, the quarter back of the New England Patriots got repeatedly sacked and hit. In the fourth quarter, the quarterback of the New York Giants, Eli Manning, throws to David Tyree for a six yard touchdown throw making the score 10-3. Still in the fourth quarter, Tom Brady throws a seven yard touchdown to Randy Moss, now making the score 14-10 with 2:42 still left in the game. Third down and 5, Eli Manning breaks two tackles and throws a 32 yard throw to David Tyree, who hold the ball with his helmet and one hand. First and ten, Eli throws a 13 yard touchdown throw to Plaxico Burress, leading the Patriots 17-14 with :29 left on the clock. Tom Brady throws to Randy Moss, trying to get the touchdown, but fails. With a turnover and one second left, the Giants win the superbowl, Coach Tom
Coughlin has his first superbowl win. Now for the question. Are you happy or sad that the Giants won or the Patriots lost and why? Want to watch the highlights again? Go to http://www.nfl.com/videos, click on highlights, and choose NFL GameDay: Super Bowl XLII Highlights. Enjoy!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved when Eli Manning won! He rocks this house! He is the best! He was deserving for MVP!
-Dhruv

Aunoy said...

Hey everybody. You like my blog?
Well, I hate the Patriots, so I'm glad the giants won

Chrissy said...

Well, I have to agree with Aunoy; I don't like the Patriots either. So I guess I'm glad the Giants won since it couldn't have been the Steelers this year. I don't like the Patriots because they have bad sportsmanship. They make late hits (hits after the play is over), they have been caught secretly videotaping other teams practices, and their coach does not seem like a very nice person. I like to watch people play sports who have fun. Like Hines Ward from the Steelers smiles every time he catches the ball. He even smiles and gives a high five to the other team after they block him. You can tell he just loves to play football. I don't see many players like that on the Patriots or on many teams for that matter. Players who love what they do and have a good attitude should be the only ones allowed to play sports for a living.Very nice blog post Aunoy!!

Anonymous said...

Yes! I loved when the New York Giants won. But they coudn't have done it without Eli Manning doing those 16-32 yard throws or tackles. Eli Manning rocks this house. I believe that the Giants is the best football team in the universe.
Still I really don't like the Patriots since that all they think about is winning and mostly they aren't really nice after all. Again, I can't believe the Giants won.
Great paragraph you posted Aunoy! I can't wait for you to post another blog!!!!

Aunoy said...

NFl Legends
Hey football fans. Mrs. Yu said we could do a blog in place of a journal page, so here is a blog about legendary players.

Johnny Unitas:
Johnny Unitas retired in 1973 as the NFL's Leader in pass completions (2,830), passing yards (40,293), and touchdown passes (290). He still holds the record of consecutive games with at least one touchdown pass(47).

Jerry Rice:
Jerry Rice is still the NFL's career leader in total touchdowns (208), and yards(23,540). He also holds the career receiving records for catches(1,549), and touchdowns (197).

Walter Payton:
Walter Payton retired in 1987 as the leading rusher in NFL history (16,726 yards). He also set the record for running yards in one game(275) against the Minnesota Vikings, and ironically, the rookie Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings broke the record against the San Diego Chargers in 2007.

Joe Greene:
Mrs. McPheeters, I hope you learn a lot about Joe Greene because he played for the Pittsburgh Steelers!
Joe Greene was a two time Defensive Player of the year, a five time all pro, and an 11 time All-AFC selection. He had one sack, one interception, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery in four Superbowl games.

Hope you like my blog

Anonymous said...

The video and the blog was great Aunoy! I am a big fan of the Giants and am more than happy to see them win. What amazes me is how Manning made the touchdown in the last minute . I saw after the game the Patriots were so sad some looked as though they were going to cry but I don't blame them.

Anonymous said...

The video and the blog was great. I didn't really want the New England Patriots to win. I was only able to watch part of the game though. Lots of people still like Tom Brady and the Patriots. I have to say, Tom Brady threw a lot of good throws in the game. Eli Manning also made a great throw. For that time only, I was really into football. Before, all I liked was baseball.

Anonymous said...

I have never been interested in football and I have never watched a game of football. Football seems kind of rough with all the tackling that goes on. Since I don't follow the football games I don't really care about which team won.

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome video, Aunoy!! I was amazed when I saw Manning get a touchtown in less than a minute!!! I think it is GREAT that the giants won! I also liked the gatorade bath, it was funny!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Aunoy and Mrs. McPheeters;I'm glad the giants won.I don't like the Patriots because they have bad sportsmanship like Mrs. McPheeters said.
I also like the Steelers so when they couldn't win I'm glad that the Patriots didn't. The Patriots don't have good sportmanship at all. Their coach is mean too. I'm glad that the Giants won.
Nice blog Aunoy! I can't wait for your next one!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Aunoy and Ms.McPheeters. The Patriots are awful sports. I'm really glad that the Giants won, but I'm sad that the 49ers had such a bad record. By the way, was Jerry Rice on the 49ers?

Anonymous said...

I am not into football much so I don't really care who won. I guess I am a bit happy because some days before the game started I had Hindi class and we played a game. Our team was the Giants and the other team was the Patriots. (That time I didn't know why Karna - a boy in my Hindi class - picked the names. I thought that the Giants were a baseball team so I assumed the Patriots were one too.)In our Hindi class the game was tied. So I am a little happy that the Giants won. But on the whole, I agree with Rujuta, I don't really care who won.

Aunoy said...

To answer Kedar's question, yes, Jerry Rice was on the forty niner's. Also, Jerry Rice is my favorite player, and my role model. He led the league several times in receptions, recieving touchdowns, and recieving yards. Since I really like football as a wide reciever, I take that very seriously and want to be in the NFL. Here's some background on Jerry Rice. Jerry Rice went to Mississippi State for college. When Bill Walsh (Head Coach of the San Francisco 49'ers, now retired), saw the Rice in the NFL draft, he thought Rice was playing at a different speed than others. He scored five touchdowns, and after that game, Bill Walsh thought he'd have to draft Rice. When the 49'ers picked Rice, everybody thought that Bill Walsh had gone mad, but he was right. Jerry rice was MVP for the superbowl game against the Cincinatti Bengals, and is still the career recieving yards leader.
Well, I hope'd you learned something about Jerry Rice