John Griffiths, right, one of the handlers of weather predicting groundhog Punxsutawney Phil, holds Phil as his other handler, Ben Hughes, pets him on the head Ground Hog's Day in Punxsutawney, Pa. on Saturday, Feb. 2, 2008. The Groundhog Club said Phil saw his shadow and predicted six more weeks of winter.
Six more weeks of winter! No spring until March 15th? What do think? Do you like to have a longer winter?
Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Six More Weeks of Winter? What Do You Think?
Posted by
Mrs. Yu
at
10:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

25 comments:
I really hate winter! It is the time of sickness! But on the other hand My birthday is in winter. I have been to Lake Tahoe before (in the winters) and it was really fun! Also in winter in some states there is so much snow that there is no school (they have to make up for it).
I think that it is bad to have winter for six more weeks because thats the time of sickness and its really cold outside.
I think six more weeks of winter is bad because more people will get sick.
-Rupa
I just HATE winter! It is smack in the middle of the flu season, which means plenty of people are getting sick. It's been quite cold and rainy this year,so we could use some sun.However, skiing in Lake Tahoe resorts is fun(when 100+MPH winds aren't blowing cars off the road).
six more weeks of winter means six more weeks of flu season in my opinion. Last week I was sick, so I knew how it felt
With all this rain and sickness even I am getting tired of winter. And it's usually my favorite season!I hope your movie helps less people get sick.
I don't really like winter like dhruv and it is the season of sickness but it's still a season so please live with it!
I don't like it. Especially when it is cold and more people are sick. I wish it could be spring so I could play soccer outside with my friends.
Long winters aren't great because there's no snow.
I hate winter especially because it doesn't snow here. If it did snow here I would like winter much more better. Also I could stay in the snow so long having fun that I would have frost bite. If I was having A LOT of fun I would stay in longer. This is why I don't like 6 more weeks of winter.
I really hate winter because I sneeze a lot and lots of people can get sick. I also like winter because you can go to Reno and play in the snow and it is really fun.
Six more weeks of winter is not good because it is cold and plants cannot grow well. Animals might not find much food and starve to death.
Winter is bad! It is really stormy in Tahoe and in the mountains! I hope the winter will end soon!
I think that is so cool! Then it might rain more and we will have in door lunch. This is going to be a blast!
What! I DO NOT want anymore winter! I can't play outside and I might get cabin fever. I am going to hate winter for the rest of my life.
I think 6 more weeks of winter will not be good because you cannot play outside and swim in the swimming pool. There is also always a danger of getting sick.
I DO NOT like winter because it is always so cold. I almost never get sick but winter is the time that the odds turn into likely.
I really hate having more days of winter because you get sick more often an it is raining too much. I also hate winter because you can't play outside as much. Kaelyn
I do not exactly like this winter because it was so cold. My sister and I got sick earlier. It'd be more fun if a little snow fell. My sister's birthday is in the winter.
Six more weeks of winter of winter...I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!Anyway,six weeks it way too much. I can't stand the sicknesses that happen during the Winter. Even I got sick over the Winter.(Only once though). Oh well,I can't hate Winter because it is the time of snow in Lake Tahoe. Except,this Winter is very bad because it was snowing in Lake Tahoe so badly. But I love the snow. My dad and I once had a snowball fight. Of course I was the one that won. Anyway it was awsome. However,this year I have the right to hate Winter because of sicknesses,bad snowstorms,and I didn't go anywhere that snows. But Winter is ok to me this year because i enjoyed my break at my cousins house. I would love winter if we could go to somewhere snowy and visit my cousins. But I certainly would not like to have a longer Winter
I wouldn't like another six weeks of winter because I like it when the weather is warm. You can play sports outside when the weather is just fine.
I LIKE winter because then we can go up to the mountains and I can throw snowballs at my family members, and there is no school. I'm really use to the cold because we have a beat-up car and it needs to sort of warm up, so I have to get out in the early morning and warm up the car. By the way, I thought Punxsutawaney Phil wasn't real. I thought he was a legend. He's big.
I think that it is bad to have winter. I also think that it is also good, because we really need the rain. Also it's good, because it's the best time for snowball fights in the mountains. Another reason why I hate winter is, because as madalyn said you can't play soccer or play soft ball, basketball, or baseball!
Six more weeks of winter?! I just can't stand it anymore. I can't play outside because it's too cold, I can't go to the park at all, and lastily everyone is getting sick and I might be infected too! Well I just hope that these six weeks would pass by really quickly!!!
I don't know about the east coast, but the weather in Northern California is certainly warming up!! Students in room 24 complained about how hot it was after they came back from PE. Yes it could be very warm after the work out, but you can also choose to dress less layers when you come to school. Wear short sleeves with jacket or sweatshirt, that way you would be prepared for any weather. I think our winter is over, just look at the pollen drifting in the air! Oh no, I need to watch out for my hay fever!!
Post a Comment