Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Walking to School

By: Shrila Have you ever walked or biked to school? It is a really good idea! Walking or biking, will help the earth a lot, by not polluting it. Before, I never have time to walk or bike to school. Now I realized how much it helps the earth, I decided to wake up early, get ready, and bike or walk to school. I also do the same thing when I walk back home. You may think that one person in the whole entire world might not make a big difference. But if you think about it, even if one person in the whole world tries to save the earth, it will still make a big difference. It might seem really tiring or hard, but it is actually really fun. I walk with my mom so I can talk to her along the way. At home, I never have time to talk to her. So walking is a good way to spend time with someone. Have you ever walked or biked to school? It will also give you a lot of exercise. But never bike alone unless you are in middle school. That's because there are many dangers in the world that can harm you and if you are walking with your parent or someone else, they will be there to protect you. So I hope you try this out! But if you can't, please try to share this message around the world so everyone will try to do this. For me, every day is EARTH DAY! How about YOU?!?!?!?!

26 comments:

Da Earth Saver(Jeffrey) said...

Dude, I walk to school and back almost every single day except when I have piano or cello class. I don't really think it is a good idea to bike to school even with a parent because sometimes parents walk really,really,really,etc. slow and you might want to bike fast and then pass them like by 3 miles and then get caught by a kidnapper or a murderer. I would suggest ripsticking(for you, Mihir!) or scootering because you can control your speed in those. Finally, I also think everyday could be an Earth Day. I recycle things that should be recycled, walk to school(and rollerskate to Murdock Park), and use all metal stuff(like utensils) because they are reusable.

Ishan da middle schoola said...

Yeah Earth FTW! I ALWAYS skateboard home! If you ask me, its really fun! There are many curbs (that are freshly painted red) that I can grind on! Sometimes I even skateboard with a friend! If I'm not skateboarding I'm probably walking home with friends. You might see me, although my school ends at 3:00! Awesome Post!

Clara =D said...

I would really want to bike or walk to school but my house is a little bit far from school so I would be a tiny bit scared if I walked or biked home to school. Plus, I have a lot of activities so I will need to hurry and get on the car and drive to piano class or violin class. Everyday I recycle things that should be recycled and things that are thrown in the garbage can are thrown in the garbage can. I would use utensils because they are reusable and would not easily break like plastic ones.

rachel rabbit said...

I want to walk to school but I live kind of far away so I would be really late for school unless I wake up at around 6:30 AM which I am NOT planning to do.

Zarah said...

On Wednesday's since my brother has late start, I wake up and when I go to school, we drive then my dad stops somewhere near Portal then we walk to school. I think that is a good thing to do if you live really far away like in Cupertino! I live in Cupertino so it is like impossible to walk to school in a far distance! Nice post Shrila!

Sabrina said...

I have asked my mom if I can bike to school last year. I was wondering if I could do it this year but for me that is sort of impossoble without being late. It is because I live far from Portal. So in when I am in middles school, I might be able to bike to school. Whenever I go to the grocery store, I usually walk there with my parents because the new market near my house is just one or two minutes away! I also sometimes walk to the library or bike there. It's just about five minutes away. I always try to save some gas and the world by walking or biking somewhere instead of driving there.

Rakhi said...

I have once biked to school when I was in second grade and it was really fun. Unfortuanetly I now carpool so I can't. I keep on asking my parents if we can bike to school but they say no because everyone but the second-grader I carpool with, can bike. They said it would'nt be nice to bike and make him walk or something like that. A few things bad about biking is that you have to wake up early or be very rushed in the morning. I woke up early that day but I was sleepy in the afternoon. Anothe problem about biking long distances was that my legs started to hurt. I started to slow down and luckily I reached to school on time. Hopefully, my middle school is closer so I can bike.

Mahi said...

No, I never walked to school. It must be fun. I know lots of friends that walk to school and bike to school.

Da Elemental (Jonathan) said...

I wank home from my Chinese school because I don't live far from my house. Sometimes I ripstick home sometime or my brother rides his bike and pulls me home. Every day is Earth Day because I don't use plastic utensil (like Jeffrey) and I don't waste paper when showing my work on homework by using scratch paper.

lynn=) said...

I have never walked to school before. If I can, I would need to wake up early in the morning (which I wouldn't want to do) and because my house isn't so close to the school.

raymond said...

Well....I've never walked or biked to school because I live to far from school. It's too bad that I still get to school by a car even though I'm born on Earth Day(hahaha).

AARON CAPS MASTER said...

I have never walked to school or biked to school before. Now I can't walk or bike to school because my sister has to go to middle school and my mom has to take my sister and I to two different schools. My sister has to leave at 7:15 to go to school and after we drop off my sister I go to school it is usually 7:30. That is why I cannot walk or bike to school.

Aditya said...

I have rode my bike from my home which is pretty far once and I was late for school when I did that. If I had to ride my bike every day I would get up at 6:30 a.m. so I can get dresses, eat breakfast, and go to school.

Collette said...

I don't bike or walk to school because it takes about 10-15 minutes to get to school but, when I am stuck in traffic (like always) It will take about 13-18 minutes to get there. I don't walk either because I will have to leave at 7:15 or 7:20 because it will probably take 20 minutes to get there.

Auboni said...

I dont walk to school because I live pretty far away but I would like to. I think it would be a lot of fun not being in a car but going outside and enjoying the fresh air. In middle school I am going to bike everyday alone. I think it will be fun because then I can go down the huge slope we have on my way.

Arjun said...

I really want to walk to school but but I live far away so then I will be late. I do plan to bike to school when I'm in middle school because it is closer. Sometimes I bike to places that are close like Wilson Park. I usually bike with my sister everywhere so it is safer.

Abhinav said...

I can't walk or bike to school because I live kind of far.Instead I carpool which still helps the earth but not as much as walking or biking to school. I also think that every day is an earth day but. I use metal and te kind of plastic that's reusable as utensils.

never walked to school kiddo(vincent) said...

I don't walk to school because my house is about 1 1/2 miles away. If I lived close enough, I would walk. My sister wakes and eat slow, so if i walk, i would get to school like 8:35 or something.

Rebecca said...

I have never walked to school because I live kinda far from school. Also almost everyday I have gymnastic practice so I love to SLEEP. So I do not like to get up early unless I am excited about something cool at school.

Soraya said...

I wish I could walk and bike to school more often, except it takes me a long time to do things so by the time I get in the car, it is already 7:40. Of course I have walked to school sometimes, just not that often.

Kaytlin said...

I always walk to school unless it is raining. I think that walking to school with a parent is fun too. I will also try to recycle more to keep the Earth clean.

LeAnNe the crazy person said...

I never gey to walk or bike to school but I will do it in middle school if I can!

Shreya Neogi said...

I acually have never walked or biked to school before. It's not only beacase i hate waking up early its also beacause sometimes in the morning I feel tired. In middle school I will probably be walking back and forth to school. I can't wait to get home before my brother for some reasons.

Puja said...

I walk to school,but this winter and fall, it is too cold to walk to school,because I don't have gloves like I used to. I still try to recycle. I use metal utensils,and don't use paper plates or paper cups,and don't bring paper bag lunches. My mom likes to recycle too.I'd like every day to be Earth Day!

Eric the Alien from another planet said...

I would really like to walk to school so I could prevent global warming, but I live pretty far away from Portal ( about 1 and a half miles). But, walking to school has its drawbacks. You could easily be kidnapped or robbed.

Justin said...

I can't walk to school because I live too far away. At my old school I used to walk there every day because I live just two blocks away. I live in Sunnyvale and it takes me about 13 minutes to get to Portal by car. My parents plan to move closer to Portal