Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Soccer

By:Aditya Hey everybody!!! The favorite sport I liked to play is soccer. Soccer is a sport where you use your feet to kick the ball. I started playing soccer when I was 7 years old. The first time I tried to kick the ball, I couldn't kick it far. During soccer practice, I learned how to kick the ball extremely far, pass the ball to my teammates, and to do drop kicks. When I mastered those skills, I moved on to tricks like backward passes, side passes, and other tricks. Whenever my team wins a game, we always cheer and we always used to have special treats. If we lost to another team, we would think about it. I think soccer is a good game to play because if you're feeling bored or depressed, you can just try some drop kicks or shoot some goals. Have you ever played soccer before? For the ones who have not, are you willing to give it a try?

20 comments:

Aaron the Albert Einstien Mini said...

I used to play because I thought it would look fun. But then when I started playing I couldn't get the hang of it. My favorite part of soccer is drop kicks they were really fun. I could kick th ball really far. It was tons of fun. But then I would miss a lot and I got tired of doing it and I got bored. But I might try it again.

Auboni #1 soccer player! said...

I have been playing soccer for four and a half years and still am continuing. This year I am in U12 (I go to AYSO)and it has been so different because the field is huge! I love soccer because I always get to play with my friends and meet new people. I also get to have Shreya on my team, we have been playing on the same team for 1 and a half years and its been loads of fun. During soccer practice we practice tricks and plans and at the end we have a water fight or just goof off. I think during a game our practice really pays off; we try our best and be a good sport is we lose and not brag if we win.I think I enjoy soccer because it's something that no matter what we work as a team, and no one can feel bad if they think someone on the other team scored a goal and its your fault,I learned that on my 4th season when I tried being goalie. One of my teammates told me "its not anyones fault, if someone were to be blamed it would be the whole team." I hope after reading this you give soccer a try, I'm pretty sure after playing a little it could be your favorite sport!

Ishan the soccer star said...

Sss....SSSSSS......SSSSSSS.........SOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Guess what? My AYSO team is so far...UNDEFEATED! We never lost a game! On our last game, we beat the team 12-0! Everyone in our team scored a goal except 2 ppl!

I LOVE SOCCER!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO
SOCCER SOCCER SOCCER SOCCER I LOVE SOCCER SOCCER SOCCER I LOVE SOCCER
Soccer SOccer SOCcer SOCCer SOCCEr
SOCCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Soccer is my favorite sport ever! It what makes me, ME!

I just love soccer. I've been playing for a long time...

My kicks: My kicks have gone dramiticlly higher since about 1 year ago! I can bicycle kick! A bicycle kick is when you kick a ball thats infront of you, and the ball goes backwards going over your head. When doing a bicycle kick I can even do the full backflip now!
I can also curve the ball when I kick! Then is very useful for fooling goalies when you are shooting. I can ever curve it a full 90 degrees!

The tricks: I can rainbow, which is rolling the ball up the back of your leg then kicking the ball up over your head infront of you! Obviously, I can do the pendiulum, scissors, and the croi (is that how you spell it?)

Shooting: I can shoot really good goals! One time I scored a goal doing a bicycle kick! I can shoot about from 3/4 of the field to mid field. Also, when I kick really close I shoot it right in the top corners so it hits the post of the inside goal! If I'm really really close I just juke out the goalie and tap it in! I like curving the ball when I shoot too! Also, if I get a high enough ball I can header it in!

Positions: The positions I play are mostly forward or midfield. Sometimes the coach forces me to play defence or goalie. I am an average goalie, not the best but not the worst.

Tacticts: Usually when my team is taking a corner kick, we do a short corner! That means a team mate comes really close to me and I pass to him, he passes to me, and I cross it. The best part is that a rule for the short corner is that they have to stay atleast 10 feet away from you when you are doing it!
When I try to juke it out, I dribble and do the croi! I could also do the scissors.
When I'm playing defence and someone tries to shoot at the goal but its too high, and bouncues, I get behind the ball and bicycle kick it! Infact, whenver I get the chance I try to do a bicycle kick!
Whenever a guy tries to steal the ball from me and both of us don't have it, I try to kick the ball out of their control, wether it means doing the splits, falling, or slide tackling!
For really high balls, don't try to header or knee it! If you knee it you don't have control of the ball and if you header it, your get brain surgery. Instead just make it loose its speed by tapping it with your test! If you're in defence and you need to clear the ball but you don't have strong kicks, just try juggling the ball up and let it bounce once, then kicking right when it bounces back up! It will go flying!

Juggling: Did I tell you I've juggled 41 times in a row without the ball bouncing? The trick is to keep it low. Don't hit it too high and if it gets too high then just make it loose it energy by hitting it with your thigh or chest! Once you get good at it, it gets really fun!

My favorite soccer player is Ronaldinho! He is the best soccer player in the world!!! My favorite international team is obviously Brazil!!!!! It has won the most world cups ever and is the best soccer team!

Well I'd love to talk about soccer the whole night, but my language arts/social studies teacher gives me homework equivalent to the mass of a black hole! Oh yeah and I can almost guarantee I'll be there for Vacation to Mars! Haha (its 2 days after my birthday!

Clara =D said...

I don't play soccer but I would like to! My brother is really good at soccer. He used to play but now he doesn't. I wish my mom would let me play soccer but now I have too many activities. I tried soccer before but I never went in teams where you try to get more points than the other team. I tried soccer with my brother so I sort of know how to play soccer. I will might try it again with my brother but now he has a lot of homework so I rather not bother him anymore.

Eric the man-eating Ant said...

I play soccer sometimes but I don't play on any teams. I started playing soccer when I was in first grade. I thougt it would be fun but I soon found out I wasn't born for soccer plus nobody ever passes the ball to me because there were always so much people on the field that I could barely see the ball. I might try playing it again soon.

Mihir the spongebob fan said...

I was in soccer in grades K and 1, but I didn't really like it. I would prefer basketball or ripstik. Soccer is also a good sport and many people like it. I used to play it in 2nd grade too, but I just don't have a passion for soccer. Bye 3rd grade, I was into running club, and I got my 50 mile card. In 4th, I started playing basketball. Anyways I'm not such a sport fan, but nice post Aditya!

Sabrina said...

I took one lesson of soccer before. My brother took many classes before. Now he is in this soccer club thing that my dad made. My dad is a very great soccer player. When he plays on my front yard, he just can't be stopped. I dont't love soccer but I don't hate it either. I'm not really good at it.

Mahi said...

I have played soccer before. It was pretty fun. Onl sometimes it was fun. I only joined one time last year.

Undeaed sLAYER Siddesh said...

I used to play soccer when I was 4-6 years old. When I started to play major matches for my first time, I did not which direction my goal was and scored a point for the other team. Once I got the hang of it my coach put me as goalie and I stopped the ball when it came. My friend was on my team so I had my eyes on him only, and drop kicked the ball to him close to the goal and we would get a point. After that my mom quit and I was sad.She had to because I had other things and classes.

Thing 1 in dr.suess(vincent) said...

I used to play soccer but not now. When I was there, we lost. When I wasn't in the game, we won. So that's why I quit. For drop kicks, I could kick the ball high, but not far. I got tired on the 3rd-4th quarter, then I started to walk.

Da Soccer Player (Jonathan) said...

I played soccer for about five years. I don't play now because I play basketball now but it brings back some memories. I am talented so I am always the captain of my team. I am good at all positions but I mostly like to be with the ball. I once made this kick at practice that almost took off my friends head! It hit his glove and blasted right through and made a goal. Luckly he didn't get hurt. I enjoy playing soccer.

raymond said...

Soccer is a really fun sport. It used to be my favorite sport but once I learned how to play basketball, that became my favorite sport. Though it's not my favorite sport, I still really like playing it. People used to think me as a scary opponent because I was pretty good at it. Drop kick is one of my favorite parts of the game(especially when I kick the ball). That's because I kick it really far and it feels good when the soft soccer ball touches my feet when I kick it.

Rakhi said...

I love soccer. I have played four or five seasons. I started playing when I was six year old. I usually play two seasons a year but this year I only played one because now I play volleyball. Sine i have only played volleyball for one season, soccer is still my favorite sport.

Abhinav said...

I've never played soccer before but I might give it a try next time. I dn't think I'd be that good at soccer though because I'm not that good at kicking any type of ball. The only time I played soccer is once in 1st grade. I hope I'm able to try soccer

*k*Kaytlin*k* said...

I used to play soccer but then I stopped. It is not really playing soccer but you learn kick the soccer ball far and other things. I am not very good at playing soccer but it is still pretty fun. The age when I playyed soccer was about five years old.

LLLLeeeaaannnnnnnnneeeeee said...

I use to play soccer in kindergarten for one or two months because it sord of got boring for me.

Demingod William said...

I had played Soccer before but I quit. The reason I quit was because the price got really expensive so I quit. The last time I played soccer was last year when it was 5th versus 4th graders. I might be willing to give it a try. If my parents agree.

Edward said...

I really like to play soccer. I am best at drop kicks. Many of my shots miss, but I keep on trying. Personaly I think soccer is a great sport and everybody should play it.

Shreya Neogi said...

I have actually have been playing soccer for one year and a half, like Auboni had said. Auboni and I are basically soccer mates for all those years. I really think it was my brother who inpired me into playing because he was the one who also had been playing soccer. I extremely enjoy it and even while I loose a soccer game. I usally play defense while playing a game. I have played gaolie once, but the ball was always on the other side of the field so I barely acutully got to block any goals. Anyways, I will still continue to love soccer anyways!!

Justin said...

I started playing soccer when I was about four and a half years old. Then I quitted a few years after I started. Then I started again at nine years old and continued playing until now. I am just a so so player in soccer. My favorite poisition is back.