By: Mihir
It first started out with Americans inventing toys in the 20th century that would revolutionize the world, which are the rollerskates, rollerblades, and skateboards. Even cooler than that is the ripstik, a human-propelled vehicle in which both two wheels can turn 360 degrees. Well, how is the ripstik more rider-friendly than the skateboard? First of all, on a skateboard, you must push your feet to gain speed. On the ripstik, you only need to wiggle your legs in a snake-like motion. To do so, depending on what writing hand you use, you will face differently on the ripstik. When moving forward, right-handers will face right and left-handers left. After you gain speed, you can stop wiggling and keep on going forward, but if you start to slow down, start wiggling again. To turn, push your foot down on whichever side you wish to go. How do you get on a ripstik? Start by putting your left or right foot on the front of the ripstik while holding on to a staircase. Then, once the ripstik is upright, put your other foot on and start wiggling before you let go. You can also start by putting your first foot up and push off the ground with the other, and put your other foot on. I hope you enjoy reading my post and feel encouraged to give ripstik a try!!! Here is a link to help you learn even more - http://www.ripstikusa.com/ Are you ready to ride the ripstik now??



16 comments:
Hey Mihir I have a ripstick too. I saw it at a shop and got it for my birthday. Before I wasn't so good at it but I practiced during the spring break with my sister. Now days I can handle sharp turns and do a few easy tricks. Sometimes I ride around my apartment with my friends.Having a ripstick is a great thing to have.
Thanks for reading my post folks. No photos or autographs please! Bye the way tell me if you have a ripstik or know how to ride one. I learned the ripstik by holding onto the staircase railing and letting go, then starting to wiggle. I think to be a good ripstik rider you must have good balance and leg muscle strength. Otherwise, you won't go far and the ripstik will just slump over. Also, first practice on concrete or a sidewalk. Then go on other surfaces. Once you get the hang of it, it's like a piece of cake!!!!!!!
I have a blue ripstick. I had it for almost three years already! A tip to help your ripstick: when you can handle riding the ripstick, you can get RD-40 or lubricant spray to make your ripstick smoother. Apply it to your axcels to make it spin longer. There is another type of ripstick if you plan to by on, it is called "Ripstick Delux". The difference of it is the tension bar that is made of some type of metal so you can grind. I can do some tricks like manual,nose manual,hangten, and a little grinding. I like my ripstick, I hope I can keep it for a long time.
I do not have a ripstik. It does look fun though even though I don't really want to do it because I'm not really into skateboarding and that other stuff like that. I'm more of a like to read books and do math kind of person. But I still might try it when I'm older. I do like watching movies of skateboarding though.
I hava ripestick that is silver. My sister gave it for me when I had nothind io do on the weekends so she bought for me. I had two sisters who let my balnce on it properly.
I don't have a ripstik. I don't think i'm going to be very good at it because I've never riden a skateboard. Playing with a ripstik does sound like a lot of fun. I might as well get ripstik someday.
Man, I am THE MASTER OF THE RIPSTICK!!!!!!!!! I can grind, manual, and nose manual! For a manual I got 15 seconds and a nose manual 10 seconds!!!! Grinds ftw!
Did i tell you I also skateboard? I can kickflip, varial kickflip, shuvit, ollie onto a curb, 50-50 grind, and board slide!!!!!!
Good post!
I have a ripstick too. Well, it's really my brother's altough he doesn't use it very often.I even know how to ride one. I also know how to do one trick and do sharp turns. It's really fun!!!!!
I don't have a ripstick but my neighbor does. Every time he comes over, he brings his ripstick with him. I can't even go on the ripstick yet!
Mihir, I have a ripstik. Ripstiks are awesome!!! I could go really fast on it. My friend, he has a ripsik grind. To go fast, wiggle hard. I checked out the website of the ripstik. I already now how to ride one, but I still watched the video of "how to ride". To grind, do a kickflip on to a horizantal metal bar when the middle is on the bar. From my friend, I heard that a ripstik Deluxe is lighter than standard and grind. My ripstik is red and I sometimes ride it to my friend's house to shoot down bees. Anyways, this was a great post!
P.S I did yours first because I thought this post was the best post.
I don't have a ripstick but I really would want one. I think it is really fun. I wish my parents would buy it for me. I wish there is a red ripstick or a blue ripstick. Maybe my mom would buy me a ripstick for my next birthday!
I don't have a ripstik but I use my friends ripstik which I can ride. I can do a few tricks and I can ride fast too. It was a piece of a cake when I rode it in 4 days!!!!! I can ride it on slopes which are dangerous. I can take a u-turn and I can handle right turns and left turns. There is a ripstik which as white and black dragons on it which is a new brand and my friend has it. You can get one in stores like Target,Walmart,online computer stores like a amazon or ebay plus Toyrus. There are colors like blue,red, silver, black and white dragon comics,black,green and more. Having a ripstik is awesome.
I don't have a ripstick but my friend's brother does. It is very cool and going in sharp turns. Everytime I go to her house to play with her I see her brother riding on it.
The first time I saw a ripstick was when my friend brought it to my house but the first time I rode a ripstick was when my other friend got his. Also this year my friend accidentally fell off and a car ran over it and some stuff inside it got disassembled. So now it is easier to ride on.
I admire all of my students who took the challenge to try and master the ripstik! When I was at the age of my students, I was the only girl in my family and my neighborhood to learn to ride a bike. While working in Phoenix, Arizona as an engineer, I bravely took ice skating lessons, but ended up bruises on both hands. Should I give ripstik a try now? What if I broke my hip bones? My students might cheer for having a sub teacher for a month, BUT, maybe not!! Still, I think my students are super energetic and super talented!!
Mrs.Yu if you want to learn to ride the ripstick, I suggest you have someone to catch you if you fell. The first time I rode the ripstick, I fell off manytimes but I had my friend help me. It only took me 1 hour to learn the ripstick! If I can do it, you can.(hopefully) Good Luck if you want to try it.
Post a Comment