By:Jeffrey Our play performance Vacation To Mars is coming up! I am looking forward to the play very much. Over the last few years, I have gotten medium parts in the plays except in 3rd grade. In kindergarten, our village did The Three Little Pigs. I was one of the brick sellers. Portal doesn't do that play anymore but Mrs. Mains (our old principal) said that she liked that play a lot. My part was one of the brick sellers who would sell bricks to the pigs. In 1st grade, our village did Aesop's Fables and I was a storyteller. In 2nd grade, all of the 2th graders did Penguins on Broadway and I was a singing in the rain dude. In 3rd grade, our village did Character Matters and I was the Giant in Jack and the Beanstalk. I had to stand on a chair and the teachers had painted some long green pants on cardboard. It perfectly fit. Last year, we did CALIFORNIA MISSIONS AND MORE. If you 5th graders don't remember, I was Administrator #2 and John Sutter in the second dress rehearsal. If you 4th graders want to know why I was Sutter, Shivani (the real Sutter) was sick that day so I backed up for her. This year, we are doing Vacation on Mars. What will happen this year? Will our play be as good as last year? Will we get good parts? We will never know what will happen. We just know that this year, the final play performance for the 5th graders and second-last for the 4th graders is coming up on December 10th, 2009.What part did you get? What part did you want before you got your part? What was your favorite play that you did before?
Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Play Performance
Posted by
Mrs. Yu
at
9:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

23 comments:
Wow! Dec. 10th is the first play??? 2 days after my birthday =)! You guys gotta inform me when is the play for parents so I can come! Hmm in Vacation to Mars I beleive I got the role of the rings of saturn...yessireeee! I will almost guarantee you I'll come to the play!
I think Vacation to Mars is the BEST play in the whole school! Its story line is simply brilliant at the same time very educational! You guys will have LOTS of fun when you're doing Vacation to Mars!
I don't have any parts I want. All of them are okay I guess. In kindergarden, I forgot what play we did. Same for first grade. But I clearly remeber what we did in second grade. I forgot what it was called but I remember that it was really funny. In third grade, we did Penguins On Broadway. I was one of the you gotta have heart dude. In case you didn't know, only the Humboldts did that. Off the 2 shows I remember, my favorite one was the one we did in second grade because I think it was very funny.
I did an anasai play.I was a rhino.Everyone(even me)wanted to be the deer, Because the deer tricked the mean Anasai.
I was a raindrop in first grade,and I was really excited because I got a line. My line was ''Just because we're raindrops, doesn't mean we don't around!''It isn't much, but for a first grader,it felt like a lot! I was really proud that I didn't forget my line.
In second grade,I did Penguins on Broadway.I was a monster. I wanted to be orphan Annie.
In third grade,I did a play in which Sherlock Holmes learns math stragries.I think I was a teacher.
Last year,we did California Missions& More. I was a happy Clifornian. My line was ''And a state reptile!''I felt kind of dissapointed that I got a short line, but I was glad I didn't have to say a silly line.
I only joined Portal in second grade, but then I did Penguins on Broadway. I can't remember what I was. In third grade I did a Sherlock Holmes play and I was a banker. Last year I did California Missions and More but I was a ranchero wife. I never really got the parts that I wanted so I hope I get a part with singing.
I don't really like acting in front of people, but I do have good public speaking. To me, I'm not an actor guy, but you have your opinion. I didn't have any major parts in the previous plays. I did the 3 pigs, Aesop play, Broadway, Sherlock Homes and California Missions. If I had a part in the play, I'd have no idea what it would be.I don't really like acting, but anyways nice post Jeffrey!
I don't want to be Gus the dog in our play because Gus doesn't have much to say.In Kindergarten I wasn't in the school but in 1st grade I did a play called The Garden Show. I got the role of the snail. I was pretty happy because I got to be with some of my friends (because they were also snails.) In 2nd grade I did Macaroni Rock. I got the part of Lolly Jr.Jr. and I was the smallest boy. In 3rd grade I got one of the main parts as a Penguin 2. I was really looking forward to getting this part because I like to have speaking parts. In fourth grade as I said I'm doing VACATION TO MARS!!!!!I like speaking parts so I want to be the Dad.
Play performing is ok, but I don't like to perform in crowds. Usually I am the chorus. I am nervous if I mess up my lines so I don't addition a lot. I additioned once in Aesop Fables and I was the narrator. I am kind of a shy guy around lots of people but I am not as shy around my friends.
I didn't get really good play parts
for the plays I did in Portal. My favorite part was in kindergarden. I was a ladybug. In second grade I was a school kid. In third grade, I was just singing for the whole time.
In Kindergarden, our village(Little Blue) were doing the play called the garden show. I got a good part in that play. I was the narrator. It was a fun thing to do. In second grade, I was chorus. In third grade, I was a monster in my play!
I want to be one of the Saturn's rings or Neptune because that is the only part which is good. The bad part s are Jupiter and the boys with Venus. I hope I get the part Neptune or Saturn rings.
When I was a kinder in Galapagos, I was a ladybug in my play but, I forgot what my play was called. luckily, I remember what I was when I was a third grader, I was a explorer but, I forgot what my play was called.
One time for a play I got a main roll! The play was Penguins on Broadway and I was a explorer. Once they made us practice for the whole recess.In second grade I was a mouse in Character Matters. That time I didn't get much lines but I sang a song.This year I'm not sure what role I want, but I hope I get something good.
Out of all my plays I got a major part once in 1st grade. My village was doing A play about this penguin. I was lucky to get the part of the penguin. In 2nd grade I was Lolly junior for Macaroni Rock. And finally last year I was this boy for this boys vs. girls song. I wonder what I'm gonna get this year.
There isn't any part I want but I do not want to have a major role but also not a very small part either. In first grade I was a raindrop. In second grade we did Macaroni Rock and in third grade the play was Penguins on Boardway. Last year the play was California Missions and More. I was one of the Californians. I wonder what role I will get.
I do'nt want such a major role in the play, but I wo'nt fuss over what I get. My favorite play that I have done here in portal is Penguins On Broadway. I was a person that sang "Put On A Happy Face". It was a great part because it was'nt so major, except it is still a singing and speaking part. Last year, we did California Missions And More. I got a spanish girl. When I first got it, I was dissapointed that I got such a small part, but I learned to live with it.
I liked my parts from before. In K I got to be a lion for a play about a spider. In !st grade I was a firefly narrator for Going Buggy. In 2nd grade I was a girl on Penguins on Broadway. In 3rd grade I was Rapunzel in Character Matters. Last year I was a Native American and a dancing sugar cube.That was for California Missions an More. I feel good about this years play because it is my last year at Portal.
I like every part in the play. They are all fun to do. One of my favorite plays was Penguins On Broadway. It was fun interesting and funny. -Shrila
The part I got in 4th grade was a Californian. It was okay. My favorite part in the play was Father Serra. This year I am okay with any part I get. The part I wanted last year was John Sutter. Even though I didn't get it I was happy.
Once I got a main roll in a play before! The play was Penguins on Broadway and I was one of the explorers. One time we had to practice our lines for the whole recess.In second grade I was a mouse in Character Matters. That time I didn't get a big speaking part but I sang a song. One play I thouht was really funny was in first grade I was the captain of a space ship. This year I hope I get a good part.
ever since I joined Portal in second grade I did not get any major roles. In second grade I got to be one of the teachers in Sherlock homes. In third grade I got a good part and it was the baseball coach. Now that I am in fourth grade I am doing VACATION TO MARS!!!! what ever part I am doing I hope it is a good one.
When I was here last year, I got one of Jupiter in my 4th grade. I didn't like the idea of being a moon at first, but it was pretty fun to see the whole play come together. All the parts are cool. My favorite song was probably the family of neptune or that family of some three people ( i forgot the planet ). But it was so much fun and I miss plays and having the regular rubric, not the "A" rubric.
PS: I am so happy because I got a great mile time of 6.51 min. for the fitness test. Sadly we have to take the tests every quarter!
HEY PEOPLE OF ROOM 24 AND ROOM 19!!!!!
I can't believe that you guys are going to have your Vacation to Mars play already!!! I was one of Earth's moons! It's a really fun play, thanks to Ms. McPheeters and Mrs. Yu. They are awesome!
Anyways, I hope you guys do great on your play. It's really fun!
I once did a play in 1st grade called the weather show in little blue that no one seems to do anymore. My best friend at the time got the main role and I was the storm.In second grade I did Penguins on Brodway and I was oneof those flag people. In third grade we did Shelock Homes, and I was a passerby and once again my new best friend got the main role. In fourth grade I did California missions and more, I was Caption Portola. So as you can see I dont ever really get main parts but I dont mind, at least I got a part and thats all that matters!
Post a Comment