Who are your favorite author(s)? What are some book or series that you read? Why do you like the book so much?
One of my favorite authors is Dav Pilkey, and my favorite series is Dragon. Dragon is silly, naive, yet very caring and kind. I laugh when Dragon actually believes he could make friend with an apple, and feel sad when Dragon mourns for the death of his friend. Sometimes I think I am just like Dragon, a bit clumsy, can't resist the good food, yet also care deeply about people and animals around me. If you want to find out more about Dav Pilkey, check out his website at http://www.pilkey.com/. Someday, I hope to have a chance to meet him in person.
Tell us about your favorite authors!! We will create a blog for links to all of our favorite authors in the world!
1. Rick Riordan, Percey Jackson -> http://www.rickriordan.com/
2. Nancy Krulik, How I Survived Middle School. -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_E._Krulik
3. Jeff Kinney, Diary of a Wimpy Kid -> http://www.wimpykid.com/
4. Mary Amato, Please Write in This Book -> http://www.maryamato.com/
Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed
Thursday, September 3, 2009
My Favorite Authors
Posted by
Mrs. Yu
at
6:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

31 comments:
My favorite aauthor is Nancy Kruilk who wrote How I Survived Middle School. I enjoy this series of books because it has something I can relate to in real life. For example Jenny (the main character) went to summer camp over the summer. When she came back her best friend sort of left her behind. That one time happend to me, in 4th grade I had 2 best friends but we were all seperated in classes. One of them stayed being best friends but the other one sort of drifted of to another group. Another reason is because it gives great advice, in the book Jenny always goes to this webite that gives quizes and after that shows your personality on different things, she uses this website when she has problems or worried about something.
My favorite author is Dav Pilkey for the series of Dragon. The reason I like the series Dragon is because I think it is very funny and caring. I really enjoy funny books but very caring books. My other favorite author is Mary Amato. Author of the book called Please write in this book. The reason I like the book Please write in this book is because it was really funny yet really fun to read. Another reason I loved the book Please write in this book is because I really like reading diary books/journal type books. My other favorite author is Jeff Kinney for Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I like the book because it is based on a diary life and it was funny and enjoyable to read.
My favorite author is J.K. Rowling who wrote Harry Potter. I like J.K. Rowling because she writes really spooky stories and I like spooky stories so I like her. Another author I like is Beverly Cleary. She is the author of Ramona Quimby. I like Beverly Cleary because she writes hilarious books so that is why I like her books. Those are the two authors I like.
My favorite author is Jack London because he wrote two books that I enjoy reading, White Fang and Call of the Wild. I like these books because it talks about wolves and wolves are my favorite animal, so I like the books that he wrote. My second favorite author is Rick Riordan because he wrote the series of Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I like him because he wrote about stories and plots that are fun to read. He also puts a lot of action in his books. These are the authors I like.
Two of my favorite authors are J.K Rowling and Ronald Dahl. I like J.K Rowling because her book are Harry Potter. Those books are amazing! They are fantasy, non fiction, fiction, and many more! They are about a wizard and his friends going on adventures. I also like Ronald Dahl because he made Matilda, George's Marvelous Medicine, The witches, BFG, and many more! They all are such interesting books. I don't know how he thought of them. I also love the illustrations they are so cool! I hope you like these authors and books too! -Shrila
My favorite author is Laura Ingalls
Wilder. The character Laura,is funny,naughty,nice, and kind of silly. There are lots of books
written by Laura, but my favorite is Little House in the Big Woods. Another favorite author of mine is
Germonio Stilton. The character Germonio is a BIG scardy-cat (mouse). He also has a very annoying cousin who loves to play pranks on him.
My favorite author is Jeff Kinney who wrote Diary of the Wimpy Kid. I like the book because it has hilarious characters like Greg Heffley,Rodrick,Dad,Mom,Manny,and Rowley. A funny joke happened when Rodrick had to type a project up. He could not type well so his dad would help him by doing his whole project. But Mom would not let Rodrick's dad to type his homework. So he typed up his homework very slowly. He would type one letter in 1 second. After 2 hours when Mom goes to sleep, Dad would type it up while he is listening to his Ipod shuffle. This is why I like Jeff Kinney the awesomest and ever author.
Hmm I'm suprised no one said......
RICK RIODON!!!!!!! yet....
Rick Riodan is the beeeesssssstttt author ever for the lightning theif series!!!!! Wohooo go Percy Jackson!
Did you know they're making a movie about the lightning theif? I pledge to myself I'm gonna see it!!!!
My favorite author is Rick Riordan who wrote the Lightning Thief. I also enjoy the rest of the series of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I like the series because it is about Greek Mythology. Another reason why I like the series is because the main character Percy Jackson because many weird things happen to him and I also have some weird events. For example, every time I ride my bike, I always ride to close to my brother and I don't do this on purpose.
My favorite author is Louis Sachar who wrote my FAVORITE book called Holes. Louis Sachar writes funny, yet fascinating books all at once. I also love the way he is very discriptive. Louis Sachar is also the author of Wayside School series. Did you know he includes himself as a character in the book? This is because he used to be a janitor at a school and then he wrote about all of the kids at the school in the book.
I love the Wimpy Kid series by Jeff Kinney. The author made the book very interesting by putting amusing events in the book which entertain the reader In the first book, he wrote that Greg Heffley was woken up by his older brother in the middle of the night, who says that Greg slept through the whole summer. Greg believes him and goes to the dining room, where he starts to eat breakfast. He is interrupted by Dad and tells him he is awake at 3 AM. This might relate to Jeff Kinney's own life, as most of the events actually take place in Jeff's own childhood.
My favorite author is Rick Riordan because his books The Percy Jackson series has a lot of monsters with interesting names. For example, there is a kind of monster that serves the lord of the underworld Hades called "Furies." They are a kind of monster that have giant bat-like wings and they always carry fiery whips. I also like the series because it also has interesting greek mythology. Another favorite author of mine is Emily Rodda. She writes the Deltora Qeust. I really like the series. I would recommend it to all of you.
My favorite author is Beverly Clearly.My favorite book that she wrote is Ramona she is silly,funny,and nice.My favorite book is Ramona is eight years old.
One of my favorite author is Wataru Yoshizumi. One her books that I read during free time(because it is a comic book) is Ultra Maniac. It is realistic fiction and gives you some advice. The book is somewhat like to real situations that can happen in life. Another a book that I really like is Making Waves. It's a Candy Apple book. The author id Randi Reisfeld. Making Waves also gives you tips for middle school.
My favorite author is Beverly Clearly, and my favorite series of her books are about Henry,Beezus, and Ramona. Ramona is silly, funny, talkative, but you can learn things from her foolishness. Although I like Ramona books I was amused By the book Socks. Would you actually name a cay Socks? I wish i could goto the library and duplicate every one of your books so I could have a copy or two of all of her books.
My favorite author is J.K. Rowling who wrote the Harry Potter series. I like her books because they are very intriguing and gripping, but sometimes are also very funny, for example: when Hagrid the gamekeeper went back to teaching lessons, he taught about unicorns, and in the book it said that he found their lack of poisonous fangs disappointing.
My favorite author is Jenny Nimmo who wrote the Charlie Bone series. I that series because the story really seems as if you are the main character and you have faced all those problems that Charlie, the main character, faced and what he did to solve them.
Charlie's story is when he finds out that when he looks at photos he can hear what the characters are thinking and saying.He has to be sent to a special school because of his special talent. He soon finds out the history behind the mystery of his dad and the school.
As you can see already the book seems very interesting. to find out more about Jenny Nimmo You can go to her site at:
http://www.jennynimmo.me.uk/index.html
Hope You enjoy it!!! 8)
My favorite auther is Dav Pilkey and his series of Captain Underpants. The reason I like the Captain Underpants series is because it is very funny.My other favorite auther is George Lucas and the series Star Wars. I like it because it is dramatic,action packed,and cool!!!!!!!
My favorite author is Dav Pilkey. The series of "Captain Underpants" and Ricky Ricotta and his Mighty robot. For Captain Underpants series comes with Super Diaper Baby. This series is really hilarious. In the comics, they sometimes spell the words wrong. Harold and George Switch the letters on the bulletin board of rules or the lunch menu. I like the part when they present "the squishies". For the Ricky Ricotta, they are adventrous and brave. Sometimes, Ricky needs his cousin,Lucy, and her Jurrasic Jackrabbits to help her.
My favorite author is Rick Riordan. He wrote the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series. Percy Jackson is the main character and his adventures with his friends are very interesting(Greek mythology makes it even better). The five books in the series that Rick Riordan wrote really amused me.
My favorite author is R.L.Stine, I like his books because they are interesting,thrilling, and scary. One of them I like is The Ghost Next Door. It is also one of the first R.L.Stine's books I read. Even though the in his books there are no main evil characters he still makes the books scary. All in all he has made a lot of good books.
My favorite author is Andrew Clemants. Even though I read only one book of his (No Talking),I plan to read more of his books like Room One and The Holiday Concert. My favorite part of No Talking was when the very noisy
5th graders (in the book not in room24) came in the lunchroom. One second later, they were so quiet that you could hear a pin drop.If you want to find out what happens next read the book!
My favorite author is Dav Pilkey (captain underpants)captain underpants IS VERY FUNNY,very silly,Very powerful, and most all he beats up the evil in one KER-POW! In the fifth book George and Harold make a fake recipe for the Lunch Ladies and in the eighth book when George's grandmother and Harold's Grandfather drink up the super-power juice and beat up Captain Blunderpants. This is the author that amuses me the most.
My favorite author is Dav Pilkey. He was the person who wrote Captain Underpants. I enjoy reading his books because they are really funny like when George and Harold switch the sign that says please wash your hands at the sink. They turned it into please wash your hands in the toilet and also because Dav Pilkey wrote the Super Diaper Baby.
My favorite author is Rick Riordan because his books are described good. I like his Percy Jackson series. It is about a boy in his Greek historical adventures. I think he is realy good at creating mind movies.
My favorite authors is Julia DeVillers. She writes amazing books!! One of her books is "Trading Faces." The story is about two twin sisters who are going into middle school. In the book, Emma (one of the twin) doesn't care about how she looks but, Payton (the other twin ) always cares about her outfits and makeup. Jeff Kinney is another favorite author that I like. Jeff Kinney writes Dairy of a wimpy kid. So far he wrote four books! Rodrick always bullies Greg, His younger brother. Dav Pilkey is also on e of my favorite authors. The book "Dragon Tales" has a really funny and friendly dragon. I t is really an enjoyable book to read.
My favorite authors are Andrea Menotti for writing The Spy Five and Rick Riordan for writing Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I like Andrea Menotti because she makes every character have a talent. Spencer Strange(Spence)'s talent is drawing, Nathan Blitzer(Blitz)'s talent is inventing, Ursula Park(brain geek) is decoding and playing clarinet, and etc.. They all solve mysteries that you could never find out the answer until the end. I like Rick Riordan because his books are always packed with action and cool. All the weapons are mysterious like Annabeth's yankees cap and Percy's sword Riptide. When you wear Annabeth's yankees cap, you can turn invisible and Percy's Riptide can be disguised as a pen.
P.S. Thank you for buying the The Spy Five series books Mrs. Yu! :)
My favorite author is Rachel Roberts. The series she wrote was Avalon Web of Magic. It is about three girls who are mages that have some sort of magic that try to save the world from creatures that were evil or worser which was the dark sorceress that would drain all the magic from Earth and all the worlds throughout the magic web. My other favorite author is Meg Cabot. The series she wrote was The Princess Diaries. It was about a girl who finds out she is a princess and she needs to learn to take duty as a princess. This series is a realistic fiction except the princess part because she goes to school and is flunking algebra. She trys also to solve some problems in her life.
My favorite author is Rick Riordan because his books are very intrsting and their are many adventures and challenges. I also like it because they have some greek mythology in it.
My favorite author is Michael Buchly who wrote Th Sisters Grimm. The book is about two girls who are sent to live with their grandmother who they thought was dead. Their grandmother says that fairy tales live in the town. they think she's a loony. The girls names are Sabrina and Daphne. Sabrina tries to keep Daphne safe and with her. Daphne is a little ray of sunshine and funny. The authors website is www.sistersgrimm.com .
My favorite author is Jack Prelusky who writes poetry books.
Some of his books are ''A Pizza the Size of the Sun'',and ''Something BIG Has Been Here.''
I like his books because his poems are just for kids.
Sometimes his poems talk about odd events that cannot happen in real life.Example:
A garden that grows musical insturments.
Otherwise, they are ironic.For example:
A boy got ''spagetti seeds'' from a farmer. He planted them,and when they grew, he complained to the farmer;the boy got fields of macaroni.
Most of the time, though, everyday events are told,such as a hard meatloaf.They are then recklessly exaggeracted.
That's what make the poems so riduiclously funny!
Post a Comment