By:Raymond
Hey everybody! Have you ever read comic books? Though they might sound like some uneducational books, they can really build up your vocabulary. For example, my favorite comic series, Calvin and Hobbes, have so many vocabulary words that it took me a long time to finish looking up the words in the dictionary. Another famous series is the Garfield. The books in the Garfield series also have a lot of vocabularies. Some people read comic books just for humor, and they help you relax. When you're depressed or unhappy, you can cheer yourself up by reading some comics. If you don't have any comics to read and your parents won't let you check out comic books from the library, try searching in your Saturday newspaper pile to see if there's any comics in there. Comics really are fun books! If you read comic books, what is your favorite comic series? If you don't, what would you like to read in the future?



17 comments:
Well, I really like both Garfield AND Calvin and Hobbes.
I like Garfield comics because they are both funny and interesting at the same time. They are also good to read when you do'nt feel like reading a long chapter book.
Hmm, despite the fun-guy I am, I don't really like comics....although I am a fan of non fiction books! =P
Haha! Just the other day my Language Arts teacher wanted to see the books we read over the summer and my list was HUGE!!!!!! Then she went like "WOW! You're a reading maniac!" =P
Yes, but the non fiction books do come in handy in places like science!
I like Garfield and Calvin and Hobbes because it is funny. I mostly read those kind of books when I have free time or during STAR test week.Just to tell you people, I love making funny comic books which are super short!!!!!!
I like to read the newspaper comics but I have three favorite ones I like Garfield, Baby Blues, and Secret Asian Man. I like Garfield because you always wonder what a fat cat does. I like Baby Blues because the kids always do funny stuff like pranking each other and other kid stuff. I like Secret Asin Man because it is all adult humor that a kid can understand. as you can see I like many comics and like to enjoy and relax with them.( ha Ishan I think I beat you on this post).
My favorite comics are Garfield and Calvin and Hobbes. I like Garfield because he always is doing funny things like singing on the fence and then getting hit in the face by pie or stealing Jon's food. I also like Garfield because he is always disobeying Jon but making Jon do whatever he says. He never chases a mouse when Jon tells him to but he makes Jon give him breakfast. I like Calvin and Hobbes too because Calvin has a very big imagination so he does lots of weird stuff. Like one time, he thought his dad was a monster so he shot his dad full in the face with darts when his dad entered his room. I also like Calvin and Hobbes because whenever they eat lunch at school, he sits next to a girl called Susie and tries to gross her out by pretending he has something gross or alive in his lunch.
My favorite one is Garfield because he is funny and goofy.
One comic seriesthat I enjoy is Ultra Maniac (metioned in a differend blog)and Kilala Princess. I told you about Ultra Maniac from a different blog comment. Kilala Princess is about a girl who found a prince with a speacial tiara in the woods. The tiara can open a gate in the Forbidden Forest, a forest that people naver came back alive. The gate takes you to one of the Disney Princesses. Kilala and Rei(the prince who acts like an averge boy)has many adventures with the princesses.
I like Garfield and Calvin an Hobbes. Calvin and Hobbes is very humorous because he doesn't pay attention in class and he always thinks that he is Spaceman Spiff and that us battling monstrous called Zorbs. I like Garfield because he is very fat and on Mondays it is his "unlucky day" so he always gets hit by pies on that day. I also like Garfield because when Jon calls him for any meal before Jon even finishes he just runs at full speed and finishes it up. I like tom read comic books when I am mad or in the mood for some laughs.------Siddesh
I like Garfield because it is really funny and I really enjoy reading them. I also sort of like reading Calvin and Hobbes! They are okay.
I like Calvin and Hobbes best. A comic strip has three panels. The funny part is always in the last panel. Sometimes, though, the comic 'strip'is a whole page. however, my favorit parts of the book are the short storylines.
For example,in ''Scientific Progress Goes Boink'',Calvin turns his transmografier into a dupicater. Then he duplicates himself.(Calvin is Calvin#1,and his duplicate is Calvin#2.) Calvin thought that his duplicate would do his homework,so that Calvin#1 and Hobbes could go out to play. Calvin#2 refused and ran outside. Calvin's duplicate only got him into trouble. Then Calvin#2 makes duplicates of himself,and get Calvin into lots of trouble. Hobbes tells Calvin a plan of how how to rid the duplicates. calvin follows the plan; he turns them into worms.
However, my favorite qualities about Calvin is this:1.Calvin has a lot of imagination.and 2.Calvin cares about animals and a forest nearby.
Hobbes is Calvin's conscience, imaginary friend, and best buddy. hobbes is also alot smarter than Calvin.
I love to read comics but I'm more of a history person. Comic books are enjoyed by many people because they are humorous and the pictures are well-drawn. Along with that, the comic creator has to make a good story too. Otherwise the comic is pointless. Comics also are good to read as entertainment.
I like Garfield and Calvin and Hobbes because they are both funny! I don't really like reading boring books so when I feel bored I could just read both of them so that I won't feel bored. I also like Peanuts. I like it because it is sometimes on the newspaper so I always read it.
I really like Calvin and Hobbes because just like Raymond said, it builds up our vocabulary. Sometimes, Calvin and Hobbes also has made-up words especially when Calvin and Hobbes play scrabble. Some of those words are not even real fake wprds we use in life such as "FXGRIWJK". The books sre also interesting for another reason. They play interesting games such as "Calvinball" and "100bases baseball". Once a game of volley ball turned into a game of wrestling because Calvin and Hobbes kept arguing. HAHAHAHA. These jokes and tricks never end.
I like Garfield and Calvin and Hobbes because they are both really funny. Also my mom has a huge stack of garfield. Sometimes I read a book too many times it gets boring but not with comics. They are full with imagination.
I don't really read comics. (just kidding). Captain Underpants sometimes have comics in them. They are funny. I like GARFIELD!!!!! The comics are REALLY hilarious. Anyways, comics are bad and have offensive words (just kidding). :)
I like getting Garfield books because they are silly and addictive at the same time. Sometimes I read them when I feel stressed because of a test or some hard homework. Usually I like to go to the library to read comics because it is really close to my house and I can walk there. One of my favorite characters is Odie because he always gets kicked around. I also really want to have a pet dog.Another comic book I like is Spider-man. When I was younger I read all spiderman books and saw his movies and cartoons too. Oh yeah, I think the series "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" is also like a comic book wirh all the funny cartoons in it. They ROCK!!!! -:0)
Post a Comment