By: Auboni
Have you noticed, as the years pass, our environment is changing and so are our lives? One major change we are all experiencing is the rise of temperature globally - global warming!! The temperature has been increasing, which really explains why more places have longer periods of hot weather now. Right now I would not want to be a polar bear in the arctic, because the ice continues to melt, and some polar bears are losing their habitats!
Another change we are facing is the shortage of water. Currently, less then 1% of fresh water is available to humans. That's because most of the water is either salty or contained in the polar ice. Unlike us, an estimated 1.1 billion people don't have access to clean water!
Enough bad news? Now the news is on magazines like Time For Kids, or Disney Friends for Change. People start asking what they can do for our mother Earth. 400 cities in 74 countries had promised to turn off the lights for an hour to conserve energy. What can we do to save the Earth? I think I can help by always turn off the light when I leave the room. I can also help conserve the water by turning off the water when I am bushing or when I am scrubbing soap on my hands. Is there something you can do to save the Earth? Please share with us!!
Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Can You Help?
Posted by
Mrs. Yu
at
10:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

22 comments:
I think I can help by taking shorter showers, turning off the light when I leave a room like Auboni said, by turning off the water when I brush my teeth, and if I need to go somewhere that is not very far away, then I can just bike or walk there instead of my mom driving me.
I would turn off lights, turn off the sink water when ever I'm not using it, and recycle paper. Whenever I go to Jollyman Park, I bike there instead of driving.
I can help by putting the computer on sleep or standby when I am not using it. I can also walk or bike to my chinese school that saves gas and it gives exercise too.
I would turn off all my lights when I am leaving my home, turning off the tap when I brush my teeth. Also, I can recycle paper, plastic and glass. You can take shorter showers and walking or biking to shorter distances.
I think we should help by turning off the lights when leaving the room or going somewhere. What I do to the laptop or computer is I put it sown to sleep so it does not drain battery(Laptop) and so it doesn't get BURNING hot!(Laptop and Computer) Another way we can help is by taking shorter showers. Whenever I need to go to the library, I always walk there because it is really close by to our house.
I can help by biking to the park,{like I always do},take shorter showers, tell everyone in my house right now{12 people including me} to turn of the water while they are brushing their teth, don't drive to the park, {my uncle always does it so it might help a little},turn of the lights when nobody needs it, {unlike my uncle,it could help a bit}, turn off the computer when nobody's using it, {I can really tell my uncle that}, and do many other things that that can help earth.
I think you can help by turning of the lights when your not using them or unplugging chargers for cell phones, laptops, and etc. To reduce pollution, which will reduce the amount of CO2 in our Ozone layer, we can carpool with friends to school or anywhere else.
I always walk to my park and turn off the lights when I am out of my room so I don't waste light. My brother is helping too by taking shorter showers. I can also recycle paper, plastic, and glass. Those are the ways I could help.
My dad tells me the exact same thing. He always tells me to off the light in the room, even if I'm gone for 2 minutes. I used to think its annoying but know I realize that because of us, so many problems have been happening. I still remember
last year, I begged my parents to stop their work for a little while and do the thing the whole world was going to try to do that day. We turned off all of the lights, taps, and electricity including the refrigerator, and lit up about ten to twelve candles. Then got a pile of board games and started playing for one hour. It was really fun. And the really fun part was when in the middle, our friend came by to drop something and it ended up that our family and my friends family all saved electricity and had fun by playing the board games. I you can try the same thing this year! -Shrila
I can help by turning off the lights when I am leaving the room, turning off the water when I am not using it or when I'm brushing my teeth, taking shorter showers, recycling paper,and when I am not using the computer I can put it on sleep.
I can save the earth by biking to the park or roller skating there. I can also save the earth by using reusable things like metal utensils and baskets instead of plastic utensils and shopping bags. Finally, I can save the earth by taking shorter showers and no baths.
I can save the Earth by turning of the lights when not using it. I can also turn of the faucet when not brushing my teeth or taking a shower.When I go somwhere that is close by to my house I always walk or go by bike.
I think I can off the lights. Then take short showers,reduce,reuse,and recycle.
I think we can save the environment by taking shorter showers, walking to the park, turning off the light when we don't
need it, and recyle paper insted of
throwing it away in the trash.
I think a good way to save energy and gas is by carpooling with another family. That would mean less cars and less cars means less fuel wasted. It also means less traffic. So it solves two problems actually. But just like many other people said biking and walking is better than carpooling. Turning off lights also saves energy, so does offing the water while brushing your teeth. Another thing my family does is reuse any plastic covers or plastic bottles I have instead of throwing them away. This is what my family does for saving the Earth.
There are billions of things we can do to save our planet!
MUST READ THIS STUFF IT WILL GET YOU GOOD KNOWLEDGE AND A+'s ON SCIENCE TRUST ME SCIENCE THING COMING FROM ME WOULD BE USEFUL HAHA...
Here's my scientific solution (It has to be scientific because I am scientific which makes my writing scientific and now ill stop saying scientific.)
Big companies could start a researching program on nuclear fusion. Necluear Fusion is the process of fusing together atoms at insanely high temperatures!(mostly hydrogen the lightest element is fused)
One place the neclear fusion occurs is in the sun. The sun is filled with about 95% hydrogen and about 5% helium. The core of the sun is very hot and the hydrogen fuses together into helium. When this fusion occurs, it releases vasts amounts of heat.
On earth, if nuclear fusion would be possible, this heat would be used to convert water to steam, then the steam rotates a turbine, and the turbine creates electricity for mankind. Go figure.
The only problem is we need high temperatures for neclear fusion to occur. It is possible to use uranium and use nuclear fission with uranium to cause neutrons to fly out to cause the neutrons to hit more uranium to cause a chain reacton to cause heat to cause, yes, our goal, NECLEAR FUSION!!!! Since we don't want to use up our hydrogen, we can start fusing other elements such as helium perhaps? Actually I don't know if thats even possible but...yeah...haha....
But that would take years sooo lets get to the basics
Don't litter
Carpool
Don't waste electricity
and a few billion other things which I'm too tired to list...hehe
I can save energy by turning off the light when ever I"m not using them and also turn off the water when I'm brushing my teeth. I also can save earth by carpooling with family or friends while going on trips or to school. Plus, by recycling, it will really help mother earth by not cutting down so much trees.
I think I can turn off lights when i'm not using it, taking shorter showers, and not keeping the faucet on when i'm brushing. I can also recycle and bike instead of driving. Another way is to carpool and not litter.
I can help by walking to school or by turning off the light whenever I can. I will also try to conserve water by keeping as less leak`s as possible.
I thi8nk that I could save the Earth by Taking a cold bath Showers. Cold water showers save energy because the heat water uses energy and it is bad for the environment. I also walk and bike to Jollyman Park because it is only 0.4 miles away from my house and it takes only 5 minutes.
Mabye to save the Earth is to always never throw away stuff that you can reuse.
Post a Comment