Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Saturday, January 24, 2009

What Is Your Favorite Book?

Let's find out what our favorite books are. What are some books that you would strongly recommend to your friends? What is so special about it that really impresses you, inspires you, or simply makes you laugh or cry? My favorites include the Dragon series by Dav Pilkey. Dragon is such a silly fellow yet full of heart for others. I laugh when Dragon actually believes that he could make friend with an apple, yet feel the sorrow too when Dragon mourn for the death of the apple. Tell us your favorite book and a few words about it. We will add it to the list of our classroom favorite books and watch how fast the list grows!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite book in the library is.... THE BATTLE OF THE LABRYNTH in the Percy Jackson series! It rocks 'cause its a really interesting book and you can also learn greek mythology by reading it! I learned a lot of greek mythology from it!!! Go Percy!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the series of Inkheart, Inkspell, and Inkdeath. I haven't read Inkdeath yet but I'm hoping to soon. The series is really interesting because in the first book Inkheart the characters, Meggie and her father Mo have this special power that they can read things out of books. They accidentally travel to another land and stay there for a long time. They try to get out in the first book and the second book. The weird part is that they read themselves into the book Inkheart. Well, I still have to read the book Inkdeath.

Anonymous said...

My favorite series is Percy Jackson and the Olympians. But my favorite book out of all the series so far is The Battle of the Labrynth. I think this book is interesting because this book gets me all excited. It tells you about the gods and the power of the gods. I can't wait for the 5 book to come out.

Anonymous said...

I like THE BATTLE OF THE LABRYNTH in Percy Jackson series because there are a lot of action .But it also made me feel sad when the great god Pan died because Grover spent a lot of time looking for him and then when he found him he just died. Anyway other than that it was good And even though Minos was a bad guy it was kind of cruel how he killed him.

Anonymous said...

My favorite series is The Sister Grimm series because it is about two girls who go live with their grandma and live in a town full of fairy tale people.

Anonymous said...

My favorite book is A Dangerous Game because it has a cool and suprising ending. It is about a boy who is taken away by his so called "Aunt" and how he helps his friend solve a serious case.

Anonymous said...

Even though there are many books, my favorite book is the Battle of the Labyrinth. I like it because it is cool, adventuorus, and there is a lot of action. When Percy and his friend's walk through a maze, a lot of things start happening. First, they meet there friend Nico de Angelo. Then, there friend Rachel Elizabeth Dare leads them to the finish of the maze. After that, the wild god Pan dies. Last, Daedulus(the creater of the labyrinth) gets killed. Finally, the evil titan lord Kronos comes back to life. Man, I can't wait until the 5th book comes out.

Anonymous said...

I like the book Inkdeath even though I haven't read it. I will like it because the first two are awesome so I think the last of the series will also be great. Also, many people are talking about it so I want to read it

Anonymous said...

I like many classics, like A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, and The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas.I also like King Arthur.

Anonymous said...

My favorite book is called the Diary of the Wimpy Kid the 2nd.In the book it talks about funny times for example when a boy asks do you like ice-cream and Greg Heffley said yeah. Then he says "Why don't you marry it"?

Anonymous said...

I like the book in the library is LILLY'S GHOST. To me it can get so scary if you read it at night if you easily get nightmares. Even if you get nightmares I still strongly recommend this book.

Anonymous said...

My favorite series of books is called "My Sister is a Vampire". It's a funny series talking about these two girls who find out they're twin sisters. The catch is that one of the sisters named Ivy is a vampire! It's a funny twist on the movie Twitches. I think that this series of books is great for everyone! Vampire or not!

Anonymous said...

My favorite book is called THE TIME MACHINE because it's really interesting how the author predicts what will the world be like after thousands of years. I can't wait to find another book that tells about the foture!

Anonymous said...

Hi it's me again. Now I'm interested in star Wars !!!!!!