Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Monday, May 10, 2010

China’s World Expo

China’s World Expo

By: Raymond Hey class! Do you know that China is hosting the World Expo in Shanghai right now? A World Expo is a place where many countries build pavilions to represent their countries. It was meant to build a better image of China around the world. China has spent about 5.8 billion on building gorgeous stadiums and other spectacular spectacles. In recent decades, World Expos didn’t attract much attention, but an estimated seventy million people are expected to visit China’s World Expo during the six months when it’s open. Actually, China’s world expo just started on Saturday, May 1st, and will remain open until the end of October. I saw part of the awesome opening ceremony. There were so many creative things I saw. In one part, there were these huge glowing red LCD balls that were floating in a lake. Toward the end, there were fountains with colored water and there were so many fireworks that it seemed endless. At the end, the sky was so filled with smoke from the fireworks. America’s pavilion was a Hollywood-produced 4-D spectacle to show America’s innovation (technology) and diversity. World Expos is very interesting, but China stands out the most because of its creative programs. Would you like to visit Shanghai World Expo if you have the chance? Do you wish for a World Expo to be held in America? What country would you like to visit the most for its pavilion? Take a look at this website for a short 12 minutes introduction about World Expos Expo 2010 Shanghi China, then go to Site Tour to visit the countries which host a pavilion. Want to see the opening ceremony with firework? Click on this link to take a look:

Shanghai World Expo 2010 HD, Opening Ceremony Fireworks

Have fun exploring!!

26 comments:

Aaron Expo Master said...

I wish to go to China because I want to see the World Expo. It seems really interesting. In the Beginning I didn't even know what you were talking about, but then I started to get the meaning and now I like it. I want a World Expo in San Jose so then all of us could see them. What if everyone in the the world could make a mini figure and people would choose who's was the best.

Unknown said...

If I had a chance to go to Shanghai I would want to go because it would be great to see the colorful fountains and other cool things. Since I am busy over the summer and my grandparents are here, my parents probably would not agree to going. I would also like If they were held in America in the state of California because then if my grandparents were not here I would have a chance to go to them. I would probably like to go to and visit America's pavilion the most.

puja the expo fan said...

I wish that I could go to China, because the spectacles, such as fireworks sounds interest-
ing. I want a World Expo in Hawaii, because then it would be in the U.S.A., but the spectacles would not be something we see everyday.

Aditya said...

I would want to go to the World Expo because it seems like a lot of fun. I would go there to see America's pavilion and India's pavilion. What I am really looking forward to see is the fountain and the long-lasting fireworks. I would love for a World Expo to be held in San Jose so all of us could see it.

Shrila:) said...

Wow! That expo sounds really cool! I wish I could go. I like it because of all the colors and the fireworks. I LOVE doing fireworks. Just like Aaron said, I think it would be really cool to have a world expo in San Jose! Then everyone in this area could experience the feeling. But, until that happens, I will keep wishing to go to China.:)

Expo Marker(Sid It's permanent said...

I would want to go to Shanghai,China because they have a lot of nice fountains and they are decorated with vibrant color paper. Second, I want to see the World Expo. I wish the World expo could be in CA,Cupertino so that you don't need to fly all the way to China to see it.

Vincent said...

I've never heard of the Expo before. I see that it is pretty fun. I wish I can go to it some day. I've never been to China either. I want to go to it someday.

Mihir said...

I would like to go to see the World Expo in Shanghai not only because of the modern inventions, fireworks, and fountains, but also because in an expo like this you can learn interesting things about different countries and their rich histories. I would like to visit countries such as Mexico, Australia, and England because I don't know much about them.

Da Me(Jonathan) said...

I have never been to China, but I want to visit the Shanghai World Expo when it is the break. I wish there will be a World Expo held in America so we can also build a better image of America around the world. The expenses will be high so I might consider. I will visit all the pavilion around the world to learn more about their country.

Abhinav said...

I would really wish to go to Shangai, China to watch the World Expo. The coolest thing in the World Expo is the central dome in the India pavillion. I want the World Expo to be somewhere near my house so I can go see every country's pavillion. I 'm pretty sure that I'm not going to go to the World Expo this year, but hope I get to go to a World Expo later on in my life sometime later.

Lynn =P said...

I would want to go to China for the
World Expo. It seems really interesting and I really want to see the LCD balls in the lake, fountians with colored water and the fireworks. I would want the World Expo to be in San Jose so that lots of people could see it. The ceremony seems very colorful and I would totally love to see it.

Great post Raymond!

Sabrina said...

I went to Shanghai last Winter and saw many of the ads of the World Expo. I wish I could there again this Summer, but we already made plans. I really hope there could be an World Expo here in California so we could all be able the have a chance to see it.

*RacheL* said...

The World Expo sounds interesting to me and I would want to go and see America's pavilion, but I don't really want to go all the way to China though. Like a lot of people said, I wish a World Expo could be held in San Jose so it would be easier to see all the amazing things Raymond mentioned. I especially want to see the fountains with colored water.

William said...

Even though I went to Shanghai last year and got a horrible jet lag. I still wish I was in China watching the expo. I also wish an expo is in America then that would be so cool. But United States is kind of bankrupt so we can't hold so much expensive programs. Like the world expo. Since Americans are also proud we will spend about 60 billion building the stadium

*ZaRah* =P said...

If I had a chance to go to Shanghai, I would love to go because it would be cool to see all the colorful things in the Chinese culture. I am busy in the Summer and by the way, my parents wouldn't let me go. I would probably like to visit America's pavilion the most!

Eric said...

If I had the chance, I would go to China because I want to see the World Expo because it sounds really cool. I would want a World Expo to be held at San Jose so I don't have to waste money to fly over to China just to see the World Expo.

Justin said...

I really want to go to the World Expo in China and I may be going. I would go to Shanghai anyway in the December of 2010 and nowadays I am asking my mom to change the date to the October 2010.The only thing I don't like about the World Expo is that the fireworks pollute the air. This would be bad for global warming. Fireworks burn and explode in the sky so it gives out Carbon dioxide.

*ClarA* said...

I would want to go to Shanghai because I love to see the colors, the fountains, and the fireworks. I wish I could go to Shanghai but I already have a lot of things to do. It seems really interesting. I wish there was an America World Expo so we could all see it and not go to Shanghai just because of that. I bet it would be SO fun if it was here.

Great Post Raymond!

Jeffrey??? said...

I would go to China to see the World Expo because I really want to see a fantastic sight or show with my own eyes. Like Aaron and Aditya and Shrila, I would want a World Expo in San Jose so everyone can see it. It would really interesting if many world expo's were happening at the same time.

Rebecca said...

I would like to go visit China to see the world expo. It sounds so interesting. I want to see it but Im busy over the summer. I wish it was in the us I I could go see it. Us's sounds cool to go see because it's 4d.

Arjun said...

I really want to see the American pavilion because I have never seen anything 4-D before. I think the world expo is a great way to learn about other countries you haven't heard of.For me the main highlight would be the firecrackers because I have always liked seeing them. I really want to see Canada's pavilion because it is the country I hardly know.

Shreya said...

By reading Raymond's blog post I'm very convinced to go to Shanghai and visit the world expo. I'm sure it will get a lot of tourists. My family and I once went to this place called Epcot Center. It's just like the expo and it has Japan, Morocco(Africa), China, England, Germany, and many other places.

Auboni said...

I would love to go World Expo because it seems intreating and exiting!! It would be so cool to be there live, like lights and everything!! I really hope one day it could be held in California so it could be a little easier to get there to see it. I think I'd really like to go to China because I've never been there and it seems fun and it would be an amazing oppertunity to go see TheWorld Expo.

Collette the World Expo! said...

Fountains!
Fireworks! :»
I wish I had the chance to go to Shanghai because It would AMAZING to see lots of endless fireworks in pretty colors and colorful water fountains!
I think in New York I saw lots of colorful fountains.
I would want the World Expo to be all around the world because lots of people can visit the Expo but, mostly I would want it to be in California!
I would want the World Expo to be in California because everyone can see the stadiums, spectacles, fountains and fireworks.

-Nice Post Raymond!

Kaytlin said...

I really wish I could go to Shanghai so that I could see the amazing fireworks, fountains, colors etc. in the World Expo. It all seems very interesting to me. I want to go to shanghai, but I already have plans. Hopefully there will be a World Expo in San Jose so that I can go there to see all interesting things.

Edward The Expo Lover said...

If I could ever go to Shanghai to see World Expo I would go because I want to see it. When I first heard about the World Expo I wasn't sure what it was. Now I know what it is. I wish it would be held right here in San Jose, so my family could easily go visit it. The ones I would want to visit the most is America's pavilion.
Great blog post Raymond!!!