Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fly Alone

By: Puja

HAVE YOU FLOWN ALONE BEFORE?

In second grade during spring break, I flew alone to Baton Rouge, Louisiana to grand parents cousin’s house. I saw a fancy boat, and took pictures of it, ate powdered doughnuts, and watched a movie called “ARE WE DONE YET?” It’s about a man who bought a lovely house in the woods. Sadly, the house was falling apart. He got a constructor to fix the house, but builder didn’t do his job. However, the worker built a strong bond with the man’s family. It’s a story that proves having a strong bond is better than just working.

It was more fun flying alone than staying in Louisiana. I had snacks. I’m called an unaccompanied minor. The bad part was that they didn’t give headphones, so I couldn’t hear the TV. I liked meeting the new people sitting next to me. There were even two kids about my age! I liked looking out the window. There were even rivers to see!

Flight attendant helped with luggage. All of you know how I am slow, which is why I stayed on the plane. Have you ever flown alone? If so, then what was it like? If not, do you want to?

18 comments:

Da Person Who Rode Without His Parents(Jonathan) said...

I have flown alone coming home from Washington State. Before we went on to the plane, we bought some candy. We shared some with our flight attendant which was very funny and made a lot of funny jokes. The person next to me was crying because he didn't want to fly alone, but we comforted her and gave her some candy. The good part about flying alone is that you won't be told to do so many things by your parents. We were very high above Washington, so we saw ice crystals on the side windows of the plane. The view of Mt.Rainier was breathtaking, because of its snowy peak and the swirling clouds abound it. When we landed and took out our luggages, we each got a badge that shows that we flew alone on the plane. It was a fun and exciting time on the plane.

Lynn =P said...

I have never flowm alone on a plane before. I think it would of been scary at first but then when you look outside the window of the airoplane and see the great view and chat and play hand games with your friends, you won't get bored and will get distracted from what you were scared of and won't remember a thing. My brother did when he was going to Korea. He was really happy because he had his friends with him.

Great Post Puja!

Shrila:) said...

I have never flown alone in my whole life. But flying alone seems like a cool expirience. I once saw a movie about a boy who got lost on an airplane by following the wrong family! He ended up to bed in a whole different state than his parents! That movie is called "Home Alone". I really wish that I can fly alone someday.

flying alone (Aaron) said...

I have never flown alone except for the Washington D.C. trip, but I don't think that counts because I was with everyone I knew. The turbulence was really scary because the plane suddenly started dropping and I almost flew out of my chair! The good thing was that my parents weren't there to stop me from listening to a bunch of really weird music. On the way back when I got bored, I asked Rebecca if I could read her books. There were called Kingdom Keepers 1 and 2. They were really good. I want to thank Rebecca for letting me read her books on the plane flight.

Eric said...

I have never flone alone before and but I think it would be a cool experience for me. I think it would be awesome because my parents wouldn't be there to tell what to eat or wake me up. I think it will also be cool being able to look out the windows and eat in peace without your parents always tellng you what to do.

Clara = said...

I have never flown alone on a plane before but I would really want to. I think it will be cool to go alone because you don't need to save a seat for anybody except for yourself. At first, I think it would be scary to go alone but as you get used to it by going alone everywhere, you might think it is really fun to go without your parents.

MAHI said...

I have never been on a flight by myself. I would love to go by myself. Over summer, my sisters and I are going to go on a plane to India with a couple of friends. It seems like fun to go by yourself, without your sisters. At first, I would be scared. When I went with my family, it was tons of fun. When I go by myself, I might not know which plane to get on next if it is not a direct flight. I hope that when I am eleven I can go by myself.

Da Lonesome Traveler (Edward) said...

Besides the Washington D.C. trip I have never actually flown alone in an airplane before. The turbulence was really bad because at one point we were basically free falling. Although the turbulence was bad once you look outside the view was breathtaking. It felt like we were in winter wonderland. The clouds below looked like snow. It was also really cold up there I could tell because we saw snowflakes on our windows. We also saw the Rocky Mountains covered with snow. As we arrived at the airport the other planes came into view. As you can see, riding alone is exiting and fun and I look forward to doing it again soon!
Great post Puja!!!

Abhinav said...

I never flew alone before, but I really want to. That is because then I don't have to listen to my parents on the flight. That means that I can watch as much TV as I want on the flight. It would also be fun to go somewhere without my parents. The only bad thing is that I would have to carry all my luggage which could be really heavy depending on how many things I'm taking with me.

Auboni said...

I have never ridden a plane without my parents and I dont want to. I get pretty scared when I dont know anybody and I'm alone. Alos, I completly blank out when we are in the airport so I just follow them and do what my parents do. I also do not like to fly. I get scared to think we are gonna crah or something.

Jeffrey the planesick dude said...

I would so want to fly alone. My mom says she won't let me fly alone until 10th grade. I have been to Taiwan several times by riding a plane and I have flew to Utah and San Diego two times by plane. I have only sat in first class once. The view in planes is breathtaking and the food is good. I hope I reach 10th grade really quickly so I can fly alone!
Nice Post Puja!

Siddesh's last stand on Fri. said...

I have never flown by self , but I am looking forward to because when I go by myself then I can watch all these Rated R movies and make a bunch of noise without my mom nagging me to "shush back there.

Zarah =O said...

I have never flown alone before but I really want to! I can have a whole seat by myself! I can watch as much movies as I can. I can be the princess of the flight!!!!! But the problem is that I have tons and tons of airsickness! :( That's one reason why I can't fly alone because my mom usually needs to take care of me! All that luggage, I might as well just drop down on the ground as start crying! All in all, I really wanna go on a plane ride alone but I can't! :(

Anonymous said...

I never flown alone but I hope I could. It will be so fun to go on a plane and do all the check-ins buy yourself. It will also be great to finally not hear your parents what to do on the plane and not hear how paranoid they are that i'm flying alone.
Nice post Puja :)!
-Sabrina

Puja the Louisiana Lover said...

I might go to Louisiana AGAIN this summer. However, I'll be going with my sister. Yes, flying alone is fun. The only thing I don't like is the turbulance.

Shreya said...

I have never flown home alone before, but I would really want to. If I were to fly alone I would be VERY VERY nervous. A lot of things could happen, like getting lost etc. I don't think I will be flying alone in a very long time so I won't worry about it.
This summer my cousin will be flying alone from Pennsylvania to here for the summer, I can't wait!!! I hope she will be OK!!!...

Justin said...

I have never flown alone on a plane and I don't want to do it but I know I'll have to. What if I get lost in the airport or somewhere else? I know I'll have to do it so I just have to get it over with. One reason I don't want to fly alone is that I don't know where to go.Another reason I don't want to fly alone is that I may be kidnapped. I am hoping that flying alone isn't as scary as it seems.

Vincent said...

I have never flown on an airplane before. Well, I'd like to. There would be so many things that I can do, such as, playing DS, eat whatever meal I want, etc. I would really like to.