Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Favorite Food

Favorite Food By: Shreya

What are your favorite food and least favorite food?

Once you eat the same type of food everyday, you will get tired of it. Well at least that’s what happened to me. I have been eating Indian food for my whole life, and now they taste like I’m eating bland food. I think many people like Indian food because they eat it at restaurants, where the food is very different from the food they eat at home.

Other than Indian food, I love almost everything else. I like all the desserts except fruitcake, and other pastries that have fruit filling in them. My favorite dessert among all is brownies! I love it so much. To me it's always a delicacy.

I also love sushi. There are many variety of sushi but they all taste good. My family and I usually go to this restaurant called Ariake and my favorite is the California Roll.

I also love Chinese food. I love all the different meals and don’t hate any of them. There is also Mexican, Thai, and Persian. My most favorite food of all time would have to be Vietnamese noodle soup called Pho. It is the best food you can ever have. Usually I don’t finish the bowl because it comes in a pretty big portion.

There are not many foods that I don’t like. It is mostly licorice (ewe), spicy food, and dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is so bitter it seems to be stinging my tongue.

What’s your favorite food or favorite type of food? What’s your least favorite food? Please share with us!

28 comments:

Zarah(DESSERT GIRL!!!!!) said...

I have to admit, I like all types of food. Probably! My favorite dessert is brownies and cupcakes. Yum! My favorite food is always mom's cooking. I also like KFC. My least favorite food is meatloaf.
Nice post Shreya!!!!!

Rebecca the food lover said...

I love lots of food. My fammily likes trying different foods from different countries. My mom makes good dishes. I love her Lemon chicken, Chicken and rice casserole, Meatloaf with bacon and ketchup, and Pork and tofu. I like thai food, Mexican,and German food. my favorite dessert is a Coconut Crem Bulee.

Leanne said...

I don't really have a a favorite type of food because I almost like every single type. My favorite is BBQ, Chinese, and the food from Singapore. I don't really like brownies. If you forced me to chose my favorite food. it would probably be Laksa and Curry Chicken. They are both from Singapore. The good thing about these two dishes is that my dad knows how to make them cause he's from Singapore. My least favorite food is bitter melon and gailan.

Spice resistant Nidhi said...

I like most types of Indian foods. I like the North Indian curries like mutter paneer and malai kofta. I like the South Indian foods like dosas and idlies as well. I especially enjoy chaat like pani poori and bhel(although it is often too spicy for me.)

I am VERY spice resistant, it is even hard for me to brush if I have really spicy toothpaste!

I also like Chinese food like chow mein, Thai food like satay, and Italian food like pasta and pizza.

I also like chocolates. I do not really like hard or chewy candies as much, with the exception of jolly ranchers and lollipops. Gummy bears and jelly beans are OK, but I really cannot even think about eating a gummy worm.

I also love all fruits and vegetables.

I do not like spicy food, grilled cheese, sliced cheese, and onions.

I do not eat beef or pork, and try to avoid ham as much as possible. I can eat chicken and turkey once in a while.

*RacheL* said...

I love Pho too! My mom is part Vietnamese so she nows all the best Pho restaurants.I also like cucumber sushi. Sushi Maru is my favorite place to go for sushi, but all I get is cucumber sushi. I hate any kind of seafood. I also like hot dogs because my mom normally makes Chinese or Vietnamese food at home. I don't really like Indian food or Korean food because it's too spicy for me. I don't like spicy stuff.

**Collette =] said...

My favorite foods are anything with chocolate in it, cake, cupcakes, cookies, and fruit. I love junk food, but I can't eat so much because it is not healthy. I also love hotdogs and cheese calzones!
I don't like sushi at all! Sorry sushi lovers!!!

Unknown said...

I like many types of food like pasta, pizza, candy, and some Indian Food. I also like desserts such as Banana Bread, Pie, Brownies, Cookies, Pudding, S'morkies( we made those in pep) Ice Cream, Cake, Smoothies, Icing, and many others. I like Indian food like Chole Bhatura, Aloo Puri, Chat, and Rice. I don't like some Indian food also. I don't like Dal and Roti, Locki, and other things. I do NOT like tomatoes or mushrooms.



NICE POST SHREYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Da Food Lover!(Jonathan) said...

To make it short, the food that I hate. Eggplant,Bitter Melon, and tree nuts(Allergic), that is all I hate and I like the rest of the foods. My favorite type of food is Chinese food, because there are many different types of Chinese food that I eat. I like to eat tofu, pork, dumplings, beef shank noodle soup, soy and bean curb noodle, and other yummy foods! I can not live without food, because all food is delicious.

Aditya said...

I love food. I love brownies, cupcakes,cake,ice-cream,pizza,pasta,chocalate,muffins,strawberries,oranges,mandarins,cookies,cream, and everything. YOU NAME IT! I don't eat any meat and beef. My mom makes a lot of delicious indian food like chapati,dosas,idlis, and poori.My mom also makes other indian dishes like chole,bhindi masala, and all kinds of panner. Food rules!!!!

Lynn =P said...

I like a lot of food. The only type of food I don't like is seafood. I like California Rolls. My mom puts carrots, cucumbers, and other things. I also like cupcakes. My favorite food are Chinese food and Italian food. I like an Italian ice-cream called Gelato ice-cream. I also like an Italian soda called... Italian Soda. I like Chinese noodles. It tastes really good.


Great Post Shreya!!!

*Soraya* said...

My favorite foods are italian, mexican, chinese, and some indian foods. My favorite italian foods are pasta, pizza, and garlic bread. I also like all mexican food. From Chinese food I like chow mein. I don't really know the names of some indian foods, but I still like them!!! And let's not forget DESSERT!!! I like brownies, ice cream, cake, candy and soooooooooooooooooo much more!!! Great post Shreya!!!! :)

Trashy-eater (Aaron) said...

My favorite type of food is NOTHING!!!!! YAY!!! I don't really have a favorite type of food because I like everything. That's why my sister and my parents call me the trashcan. When they call me the trashcan I know that they mean I eat everything. The only thing that I really really dislike is seafood because once I ate a shrimp and I ate something that tasted like sand and rock. I got so mad that I threw the shrimp away and I vowed never to eat shrimp ever again.

Eric said...

I don't have a favorite food. I will eat anything that my parents put in front of me except eggs. My favorites kind are Mexican, Chinese, and Italian. I especially like sushi. My favorite kind are California rolls. Whenever I get the chance, I eat them all up. I like almost any kind of dessert or junk food except muffins and cupcakes because they are just bread except they sometimes they have cream or sprinkles on them which I hate.

Clara =) said...

I like a lot of things. My favorite foods are sushi, udon noodles, brownies, and cupcakes. I also like some kinds of fish. The fish from the market taste really good but my favorite kind of fish is steamed fish. My mom is a good cooker. I like her chicken, and tofu. I don't like Mexican food and Italian food (except for gelato).

Nice post Shreya!!!

Mahi said...

I have a lot of favorite foods. My favorite type of food is tasteful shrimp, elegant chicken, and cooked fish. Usually everyone hates broccoli, but I love broccoli! My mom makes all these lovely foods. My favorite desserts are cookies with ice cream and mango juice. Also, my least favorite food is rice with beans. These are my least favorite foods and my favorite foods.

Da Great Eater Of All( Edward) said...

I usually don't really care about what food I eat. My favorite desserts are brownies. I like them because they are so soft and chocolaty. The thing I don’t like about brownies are that they are so dry. My favorite meal depends on what I feel like eating at that moment. My least favorite food is meatloaf.
Great post Shreya!!!

Auboni said...

I have a lot of favorite foods. My family and I have tried so many different varieties of food. My favorite is Chinese and Mexican food. I love chow mien and orange chicken with some veggies at the side. Also, I love tacos, especially when you get to fill them in. For dessert I like brownies that are topped off with ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Junk Food(Jeffrey) said...

My favorite food is Starburst candy, Cookies n' Cream ice cream, and Domino's Pizza all tied. My favorite drinks are Barq's root beer 1967 special stock and orange gatorade. I really like those foods because they are all very sweet. My least favorite food is watermelon and lime doppers candy. Watermelon doesn't taste good in my opinion and lime doppers are too sour.
Nice post Shreya!

Justin said...

I like most foods I eat. My favorite food is eggs. I like it anyway you could cook it. I even like it with bitter melon. Another food I like is broccoli. It is crunchy and also juicy. A kind of food I don’t like is fat. The fat I mean is the fat in meat. The fat tastes horrible because the slippery and squishy feeling in my mouth just fells bad. There are more food I don't like but just to make it short, I don't like eating at all.

Abhinav said...

My favorite food is an Indian food called idli. The foods that I hate are lemons, popcorn, pie, and all seafood. I also like cupcakes, pizza, chicken, oranges, apples, rice, dosa, and cookies. I don't really like Mexican food or Chinese food.

Mihir the food critic :) said...

I hate bitter melon, some indian foods, and many types of seafood except fish. For the food that I do like, I loooooove SUBWAY! I also like all chicken dishes(such as chicken tikka masala, roast chicken, and tandoori chicken). I also live for my dad's roast Thanksgiving turkey.My favorite desserts are lindor truffles and other types of chocolate. I also like freshly made ice cream.

Arjun said...

I grew up eating Indian food. Usually in Indian food there is wheat flour bread with some kind of vegetables in gravy. For me Indian food is not so boring because there are a lot of different types of dishes. I also like seafood but I don't like sushi at all. My favorite desserts are my mom's cupcacakes, brownies, and a molten chocolate cake with hot fudge as the base and a ball of vanilla ice cream covered with chocolate. I like anything spicy because in the food my mom makes there always is a little spice. I like having Mexican, Chinese, Indian, Greek, and American burgers. That's basically everything I've ate.:D

Terrified Tommy(siddesh) said...

My least favorite foods are bitter melon(as many people say),teriyaki, and meats.

Favorite Indian foods: Idlis, Dosas,
Vada, Poori Channa, Malai Cofta with Roti, Pav Baji, Rice, Pappad, Samosas, Pakoras, and much much more.

Favorite Italian foods: Garlic Bread, Pizza, Pasta,and Lasagna

William said...

My favorite food is ramen but not the instant ramen you can buy from the store but fresh made ramen with out MSG. My least favorite food is marshmallows with warm chocolate covering it. It might be sweet but warm chocolate taste really disgusting.

Kaytlin*v* said...

I like lots of food, but I'm kind of picky about the onions or herbs that tops them. My favorite types of food are Japanese, Chinese, Vieetnam( I like the Pho restaurants,but I mostly eat the noodles), Mexican, and Italian. I like Japanese food because of the udon noodles and sushi( especially Tobiko and Masago). I like Chinese food because of the noodles, dumplings, and sticky rice. I like Mexian food because of the tacosand nachos. My favorite Italian foods are pasta, garlic bread, and pizza. I hate eggplant, squash, zucchini, onion, green pepper, and red pepper. My favorite desserts are ice cream, cakes, cupcakes and more!
Cool post Shreya!

Anonymous said...

I love sushi. Whenever my parents are like "Where should we go to eat today?" My brother and I are like "Su-shi! Su-shi!" We keep on doing that until we decide where to eat. I also love dessert. Especially pudding (mango!!!!) and crème caramel. My favorite type of food is Italian. I get bored of Chinese because I have it almost everyday for diner. Oh yeah!!! I also love the restaurant Pho. It right outside our house so we go there often. But every since my mom found out they put something that isn’t healthy for your brain, we didn’t go there that often anymore.

Puja who eats everything but the kitchen sink said...

I like most foods, but my favorite food is desserts. I like desserts so much because we don't have them after dinner. I like brownies so much, that I even ate brownies that stuck to the pan!

One food I don't like is meat.I don't like it because it has bones. Also, some peices of meat will NOT be broken up. However, I do like vegetables.

I don't like American cheese. It's so bland! However, I do like cheddar cheese, jack cheese, and swiss cheese.

I like eating tomatoes. I eat them like apples, to the discomfort of my mom, because then she can't find a tomato left. I also like carrots and mashed potatoes.

I also like mangoes, Asian pears, tangarines, apples, pineapples, pears, apples, and clementines. Oh, did I mention that I like apples?

I like Mexican food, like burritos, but not spicy Mexican food.

Last of all, I like frozen yogurt. Yum-yum-yum!!!!!!!!!

Justin said...

My favorite food is nothing because I don't like eating food. If I had to chose a favorite food it would be broccolli because when you bite into them, they are crunchy and juicy. I also like he taste of them too.One food I don't like is asperagus because asperagus is very crunchyso you have to chew them for a long time. Asperagus also tastes bland.