Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Break

By: Mrs. Yu Hi Room 24! April break is only a day away, have you thought about where you would like to go, or what you would like to do during our two weeks break? I have! Usually the longer break allows me to go back to being a full time mom, that means I can really plan on what to cook for my family, and go shopping for some clothing for my family. During the regular school year, I hardly have time to read books unrelated to my teaching. Finally I get to read books I want without planning on how to use it or teach it. Yeah, just read for pleasure!! How about movies? There are some good movies that were nominated for Oscar Award earlier, and I can rent them to find out how good they are. Getting tired sitting in the sofa, worrying about becoming a couch potato? Okay, I will get up and do some beginner steps on DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) with Playstation II, or go out to my backyard for some gardening work. Why not check on the current movie, and drag my husband to a good movie with me? He loves action movie, but I love non-violent ones. Okay, we will have to compromise. Maybe he will go to How to Train a Dragon with me, and I will go to a movie of his choice. I also want to visit the museum in San Francisco. I love De Young Museum, and I have not visited the new science museum yet. What are you planning to do? So many of you complained being bored during February break, a little planning will definitely make your break more enjoyable! Whether it's setting up a play date or going out to bowling or a movie, let your parents know what you would like to do first! Come share with us if you have other great ideas on how to spend your April Break!

8 comments:

LeAnNe said...

I don't really know what I am going to do in April Break because I was GOING to go to Washington D.C BUT I was going to Singapore and China BUT my mom changed it to July 4. I think I will get to watch a lot of TV BUT I have to do HW. If I'm lucky, I might have play dates with my friends, go to Golfland, and maybe if I am super lucky, I MIGHT watch How to Train A Dragon.

Fun girl(Zarah) said...

This is a very ineresting topic. I am actually really interested in doing all the things I can as possible. I am planning to had tons an tons os playdates along with sleepovers!!! I also feel like going to the mall with my mom and do some plain shopping! Since my brother is in middle school, he doesn't have 2 weeks April break. I get to enjoy one week by myself with my mom and the other week with my brother and mom. During the break, my dad also said that he will take me and my brother to his work!!! That's basically what I plan to do over the break!!

Washinton (Aaron) said...

I went to went to Washington D.C..
It was really fun because we saw Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Korean War Memorial, and Vietnam Memorial. On Monday, we got to the hotel really late I couldn't even fall asleep. The hotel was called Embassy Suites. We stayed there for three days. The hotel room had two flat screen TV's, two rooms and two beds, But it wasn't an five star hotel. We went to Jamestown and Yorktown. The tour guides taught us a lot of things that we didn't even know, which was pretty amazing. We learned how the people who lived in the colonies worked, slept, ate, cooked, and warmed themselves with a fire. Yorktown was very much the same, but at Yorktown and Jamestown we got to see a person fire a musket. The Jamestown guard shot the musket without a bayonet (which is really a long knife that goes onto a musket) and at Yorktown the guard fired a musket with a bayonet. The musket shot was pretty loud. I don't know how those guards stood the musket fire. The next hotel we went to was a five star hotel and it was really cool. Even the bathrooms were five stars. I really liked the Washington D.C. trip. The plane ride was really boring though.

jEFFREY said...

I have been very excited this April Break. I went to the ECYS Solo Competition to compete. There are over 100 contestants covering all the orchestra instruments(except for drum) and piano. About 50 lucky winners will be able to perform with the orchestras(yes, there are more than one orchestra). Too bad the results don't come out until the end of April. I also read a lot. Since last year, I have read the Percy Jackson series 40 times now(excluding The Demigod Files). I also won two World Series tournaments in my favorite video game, Little League World Series. I am aiming for my third.

As you see, my April Break has been very exciting so far. I think I'd better start my Bedroom Project now or else my mom will get mad at me! Have a nice April Break!
Nice post Mrs. Yu!

Mrs. Yu said...

April Break is a great time to meet old friends and relatives! I just took a three days trip to meet our friends in Irvine, visit my niece Kathy's family and see my grand-niece Hannah and grand-nephew little David, and visit my husband's brothers and their families. It was wonderful to visit all of our relatives, who live mostly in Southern California. We also took the chance to visit The Getty Center to see world famous paintings, and the Los Angels Arboretum for many exotic plants. Have you visited and done anything unusual during the break?

Auboni said...

During the April Break I got to play with some friends and went to some parties. Surprisingly I also had a lot of fun at soccer, the bad part is the coach said he had to make us run more laps, one of our teammates are trying to get him to do it too:). Right now that's all I'm doing, plus the regular classes I go to. I hope you all have a great, awesome spectacular, and fun break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca the Traveler said...

I went to DC just like Aaron. It was awsome. When we first got to Virginia It took almost three hours to get to our hotel called the Embassy suites. I was so tired that I almost fell on the ground in the hotel room. The next day we went to Jamestown, Yorktown, and the President Park. At Jamestown we went to the remade Jamestown and Gallarys about the Indians and the Settlers. Last my group went to the Indian village. It was so much fun. At Yorktown we went to the camp that George Washington would have been at during the war. We also saw what a life would be like if you were a farmer during the war. At the President Park we saw and learned about all the presidents. From Washington to Bush. There wasn't Obama yet. The next day we went to Williamsburg. We went to the Goveners Palace, The Randalfs house and the Court House. At night we went back to Williamsburg to see a night program about ghost stories and what your mama and papa told you to do. On Thursday we went to Mt. Vernon. We had to wait in line to go inside the mansion for a hour and a half! At leat it was worth it. It was amazing. Then we went to George and Martha Washingtons tomb along with all the other Washingtons. After Mt. Vernon we went to the Archives it was so cool. After that we went to the Holocaust Museum. We then went to dinner. After Dinner we went t see some of the Memorials. When we were at the Lincoln Memorial It was raining so hard we all got soaked. It was cold too. The next day we went to the Capitol building the Supreme Court the White House and the Smithsonian. It was a tiring day. Some kids fell asleep during the lecture in the Supreme Court. On the very last day of the trip we went to the Arlington Cemetary to lay the wreath on the Tomb.We then went to the airport to go home.

THE BUSY GIRL (COLLETTE) said...

I had a tournament in Vegas over Spring break and won TWO GOLD and TWO BRONZE MEDALS!!!!!
I also went to New York New York arcade... It is a great place to play lots and lots of games and win prizes! Then, at the MGM hotel we saw two Lions and three cubs .... CUTE!! I also went to the Grand Canyon and went on a glass "Sky Walk" over the edge of the Grand Canyon.
After that, we went to LA and Visited Universal Studios and also went to a wedding! For the wedding I wore a pink and black dress sent from London.

WHAT A GREAT TIME I HAD!!!!! * _ ^ (Thats a winking face)