Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Sunday, August 16, 2009

CEEF Epic Film Festival

By: Mihir

Hi Room 24 and Room 19! Last year I got an award from CEEF (Cupertino Education Endowment Foundation)!! Take a look from the link http://www.ceefcares.org/epicwinners.html

Let me tell you about the guidelines, judging, and awards. You need to make a movie that is either a documentary, instructional video, or a film based on an original literary work. You need to make a 2-minute film for an original literary or instructional video, or a 4-minute film for documentary. After you submit your video, it is sent to the judges, who decide which films are selected for semifinalists, finalists, finalist award nominees, and award winners in eight categories. They are best elementary school documentary, best middle school documentary, best instructional video, best screenplay, most creative, best soundtrack, best cinematography, and best animation. I got the best elementary school documentary award. Semifinalists get a certificate and blue ribbon. Finalists get a certificate. Award winners get a certificate and an iPod!!

Are you thinking about it but don't know where to start? First, think of what type of movie you're going to make. You can make an instructional film (how to do), a documentary (example: All About Eagles), or a video based on a original literary work. You can get a CEEF signup sheet in the Thursday folder. Send it to the office and they'll give it to the CEEF people. You can also sign-up online and fax it to the CEEF office. Then shoot your movie in an iMovie or Quicktime format and submit it to the CEEf office next to the CUSD administration building. The CEEF festival is in April. They first show semi-finalist movies, then finalists. They then announce award nominees, and award winners.

I hope some people who read my post will consider participating in the film festival this year! Before I became a Rockhopper, Chinmaya from room 24 also won an award, and you can see his film on the older post in April, 2008. To all participants, good luck on your movies!!!!!! Send me your comment and question, and I will be glad to share my experience with you!

13 comments:

Mihir the 2nd George Lucas said...

I'm very excited about my second post. Also see my link and my awesome Star Wars post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ishan said...

Wow nice super long post Mihir....

Nidhi 6th grader in 2 weeks said...

Great post Mihir! Just 1 question...

Why do semifinalists get a blue ribbon AND certificate while finalists get only a certificate??

Kaytlin said...

Wow that is intresting post.I wonder if I would do the video or not. If I do it I wonder what topic I probably do.

Sid the Squid (A.K.A. Siddesh) said...

Nice that you won an Ipod, Mihir. I want to make a movie kind of like Star Wars with lightsabers and gumbots.

Awesome blog post Mihir

P.S. Mihir is there a second and third prize or just a certificate?

rachel rabbit >.< said...

I dont think I will do a video. im kinda scared.

Jeffrey the blog fanatic said...

Nice post Mihir! I want to join the CEEF contest this year but I don't think I'll have time. If I do have time, I might do a documentary video on paper airplanes.

Spongebob(aka Mihir) said...

Thanks folks. The finalists get an awesomer certificate and more honors than the semifinalists.There is no such 1st 2nd or 3rd place Siddesh.

Shrila said...

Wow! That was a really long post Mihir! And it was interesting! I am going to try that soon! :)

-Shrila

rachel rabbit >.< said...

I changed my mind about doing the film festival. I will probably do an insructional video.

Aditya said...

Great post Mihir!!! I might do a video about paper airplanes with some batteries inside and a motor.That is pretty awesome that you got a ipod.


P.S.What color is your ipod?

Rebecca said...

I did the film festival last year but I got in the semifinalist group with my friend Meghan. Our movie was a instructional video on how to make Baked Alaska.

Nice post Mihir.

Zarah the Zappy girl! said...

That is so cool Mihir! You must be lucky that you like have your own iPod in fifth grade! Congratulations Mihir! YOU JUST WON A FREE IPOD!!!!!!!!(Applause)

What color is the iPod?