What would you do if you are walking through the forest and you find a caged tiger? Send in your Deeper Thinking Questions and connections to share with your group. Calling out to Nidhi, Jeffrey, Raymond, Rachel, Puja, and Rishita!!
Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed
Sunday, March 22, 2009
The Tiger Rising
Posted by
Mrs. Yu
at
5:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
My deep thinking question is
1. Why do you think Rob saved Sistine?
2. How do you think Rob got his rash?
My connection is: When Rob got called names and got bullied on the bus, it reminded me of the time when I was new to Portal and I got called names a lot.
D.T.Q.- How do you think Rob's mom died?
Connection(t-s)- I remember when two people bullied me and I ignored them so they would get bored and go away, and in the book, Rob ignores the bullies Norton and Billy so they would go away.
DTQ: What did Rob's teacher mean when she told Sistine to sit down before you put your foot in your mouth any farther?
Connection: Rob lives in a motel because his dad cannot afford a house. I had read another book in which the main character lived in a car because they could not afford a house.
D.T.Q- Why did Rob tell Sistine where the tiger was?
Connection- pg. 26-27 When Rob stayed home from an contagious injury, it reminds me when I stayed home because I had a fever.
For Rishita's DTQ:
1. I think Rob saved Sistine because he knew how it was to be bullied.
2. I think Rob was born with the rash.
For rachel rabbit's DTQ:
1. I think Rob's mom died of a disease because the book said she was very pale when teaching Rob how to whittle wood.
For Jeffrey the tiger rising's DTQ:
1. I think Rob told Sistine where the tiger was because he wanted to tell somebody and Sistine seemed like the right person to tell.
For Rachel's DTQ:
I think she died from cancer or something like that from maybe smoke from a fire.
For Nidhi's DTQ:
She probably meant to tell her to be quiet or to stop insulting everyone and to have some respect for them.
Rishita's DTQ:1. He did not want Sistine to be bullied.
2.He sctrached it a lot.
rachel rabbit's DTQ: She died from cancer.
Nidhi=D's DTQ: Stop offending this city.
DTQ:Why does Sistine hate Rob?
Conection: I didn't cry when bullies teased me long time ago just like Rob did when Norton and Billy bullied or teased him.
For Jeffrey's DTQ:
1. I think Rob told Sistine where the tiger was because he trusted Sistine.
My D.T.Q.s are:
1.How do you think Rob got his rash???????
2.How Rob did know that he had picked the right person to tell when he told Sistine about the tiger?
My connection is: When Billy and Norton teased and hit Rob, it reminded me when some kids teased me.
For Nidhi's DTQ:
I think she meant stop acting like this city is so bad compared to where you come from.
Answer to Raymond's DTQ:Rob starting staring at Sistine.
For Puja the imaginationious(if that is a word)'s DTQ:
1. He was keeping all hissadness in his legs.
2. Sistine said "Where?" when she heard about the tiger. That shows that Sistine trusted Rob AT ONCE. She didn't say " I don't believe you" or "A real one?" So Rob knew she was the right person to tell.
My today's lit circle DTQ:
1. Why isn't Sistine scared that the tiger might eat her if she sets it free?
2. Why does Rob tell Willie May that the principal said his legs were contagious when he knew they weren't?
Connection: Sistine said she liked looking up at things. I do not like looking up at ALL things, but I like looking at stars.
My today's homework DTQ:
1. Why does Sistine start crying?
2. How does Sistine's mother find out that she is sneaking Rob's clothes to school?
Connection: Rob is not surprised about the tiger because he already knew about it. But he still acted surprised. The same thing happened to me when it was Christmas. I knew all about my Christmas presents.
For Rishitas second DTQ: I think taht he got his rash maybe he was born with it or maybe he got an infection and it turened into a rash.
Post a Comment