By: Aditya Saint Patrick's Day is coming up in March!!! Do you want to see leprechauns dancing in front of you? Well, I am going to tell you some facts about Saint Patrick's Day. St. Patrick's Day custom came to America in 1737. That was the first year St. Patrick's Day was publicly celebrated in this country, in Boston. Today, people celebrate the day with parades, wearing something green, and drinking beer. One reason St. Patrick's Day might have become so popular is that it takes place just a few days before the first day of spring. One might say it has become the first green of spring! The legend says when leprechauns come out, they make traps. If you could grab the shamrocks from the traps, leprechauns will spill the shamrocks on your head. Among the most popular of beliefs about leprechauns is that they are extremely wealthy and like to hide their gold in secret locations, which can only be revealed if a person were to actually capture and interrogate a leprechaun for its money. Another popular belief is that you may find a leprechaun and his pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. What do you know about St. Patrick's Day? Please post a comment about some facts or tell us how you feel about St. Patrick's Day!
Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed
Thursday, March 5, 2009
St. Patrick's Day
Posted by
Mrs. Yu
at
12:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I am very excited that my post is on our classroom blog!!!!!!! I hope I can do another post someday!!!!!
Well, Aditya I don't really know much about Saint Patrick's Day but know I do. All I know is that St. Patrick’s Day began to be celebrated on the Caribbean island of Monsterrat in the 17th Century.I can also tell you about how I feel about it. I really enjoy this holiday because it is really fun the way I celebrate it. I get to have a party with all our family friends. I do believe in following the traditions like dressing in mostly green. I do no drink beer though!! This was a very fun post to comment on. Nice blog post Aditya.
Nice post Aditya.Your post rocks!Happy St. Patrick Day!
Nice post Aditya! It reminds me of my own about April Fools Day. I think St. Patrick's Day came to America from Ireland. Last year Ireland beat Pakistan in the Cricket World Cup on St. Patrick's Day! Ireland was of course VERY happy.
I remember that when I was in K/1 we made leprechaun traps to try and catch one. I think we caught some gold coins, but there was obviously no leprechauns.
I do not know many things about St. Patrick's day. One thing I read is that they usually have a parade for it taken place in Chicago.I do not have any celebrations to honor St. Patrick's day, but I know this year I am planning to wear lots and lots of green!!!
I don't know anything about Saint Patrick's Day, but I know that I am Irish but very little. Saint Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday because my favorite color is GREEN! I love to celebrate it though with my friends because we love GREEN! But we don't drink beer.
I don't know much, but I know that Ireland makes a big deal about it. They make giant shamrock models, and they make a big float parade( all in green)!Wow!
Well, just like Rupa I didn't know much about Saint Patrick's Day before. All, I know is that there are leprachauns. Nice Post!!!
I sort of like Saint Patrick's Day, but not a lot because I do not really do much during the holiday. I sort of like Saint Patrick's Day because of the fact that we have no school!! I wonder how my reaction in class would be if I was drunk with beer!!!!!
I don't know that much about Saint Patricks day, but I do know that you should wear green on St. Patricks day, or you'll get pinched.
Hey nice post Aditiya. I know nothing about Saint Patrick's Day. =)
Post a Comment