A story about a boy who raised a baby raccoon which he named Rascal. Send in your Deeper Thinking Questions and connections to share with your group. Calling out to Mihir, William, Richard, and Omkar!!
Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

21 comments:
My connection-I remember in IBD Karana had various pets like Rontu, the two seabirds Lurai and Tanoi, and the sea otter called Monanee.Sterling
had many animal friends such as Rascal, Wowser, and the skunks.
From pg.17- When Oscar tried to make an excuse to go home it reminds me when it was my first time to climb a tree and I was really scared. I made an excuse that I had a lot of homework to do.
From pg.16- Why do you think Sterling's dad let him keep so many pets?
My DTQ- Why would Sterling's father not care if Sterling comes late?From pg.17 ad 18.
My connection-when they found the raccoons it reminded me when I saw a raccoon trying to steal my food.
My DTQ-Are all raccoons that smart when they are born?Explain your answer.
I think that Sterling's father didn't care if he came home late because he was a competent and responsible 11 year old boy.
My Connection:
I can make T-S connection with myself because he often does dirty work in the living room, and I often do the same thing.
My Question:
What happens to Oscar once he gets home?
Response to Omkar's Question:
I think Sterling's Dad let him keep so many pets since he had no concern thaqt sterling could not keep so many pets, and Sterling's dad was a casual parent, as it said in the book.
My Connection:
I can make a connection with Sterling's dad because he didn't tell Sterling the real reason for their trip to Lake Superior, which means he is secretive, and I am too since I rarely tell people what I am thinking and whether the reason I tell then for something is the real reason for that thing.
My Question:
Why does yellow pine splinter, crack, etc. when it has a nail driven into it?
From the book "Rascal", my connection is when Theo forgot her ring everywhere, it reminds me when I forget my swim goggles in the swim center.
My D.T.Q is why do you think his dad thought that Sterling could climb like a squirrel and swim like an otter?
My Connection for Page Three:
I can make a connection with Rascal since he fights back when taunted, and I do too.
My Connection for page three:
Why does Reverend Thurman always pull the choke wire when he gets mad?
My connection for page Three:
I can make a connection with Rascal since when he is taunted, he fights back, and I often do too.
My question for Page three:
Why does Reverend Thurman always pull the choke wire when he gets mad with his Ford?
My connection for page four:
I can make a connection with Teddy the horse since he is mischievous.
My question from page four:
Why does Sterling stop trapping animals?
Answer to Richards question:
I think he doesn't trap animals because he really like's animals and so he doesn't want to hunt them either.
My D.T.Q.- How do you feel about the war ending? Explain your answer?
My Connection-When he said he had fifty-two cows to milk by hand, two hundred hogs to feed, forty acres of tobacco to set..., it reminds me when I had like a hundred things to do.
My answer to Richard's Question:
He stops trapping animals because he loves animals so he doean't want to hurt any of them.
My DTQ is...Why does Mrs.Quinn say there is no pets in the house explain your answer.
My Connection is...When Sterling set Rascal free it reminded me of when I set one of my pets free.
My connection:I remember from Peter Rabbit Peter sneaks into a man's garden.This is like Rascal eating the neighbors' sweet corn.
My DTQ: Why could rascal run towards
the cave when they go to the lake?
My Response to Omkar's question:
I feel good about the war ending if I were sterling because then My brother Herschel could come home.
My response To William's question:
I think that all raccoons are smart when they are born because Rascal was intelligent when he was a few months old, and he never had any training.
My DTQ: Why doesn't Sterling talk to Bert when he first sees him?
My connection:When Sterling saw Bert's house it reminded me of Scooby Doo when the gang looks in houses for clues.
My DTQ- Why is Sterling helping in the house even though he is sick?
My Connection I remember a few hundred years ago Smallpox was the major disease just like influenza in this book.
Post a Comment