Subscribe to Weekly Reminders via RSS feed

Monday, May 5, 2008

Shivani's Post

Spring Break By: Shivani Spring break is over! Darn! What did you do over the break? Did you go to PEP? Seven students in our class went to WASHINGTON D.C. !!!!! For many students, being away from home for one week must have been a great experience, but for others it must have been sad. If you went, how did you feel about being away from home? But anyways we had such wonderful supporting chaperones and teachers. We saw many amazing sites like, The White House, The Capitol Building, John Fitzgerald Kennedy's gravesite, President’s Park and Old Jamestown, Yorktown and Williamsburg. We also saw the Washington Monument. We saw Ford's Theatre where Abraham Lincoln was assassinated and The Peterson House where he died. Some of the memorials that we saw include The Lincoln Memorial, The Jefferson Memorial, The FDR Memorial and the Army Memorial for Men and Women. We visited the Smithsonian Museum and saw the Tomb of the Unknown soldiers in Arlington National Cemetery where two of our presidents are buried. My favorite part was going to President's park and The Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers. Now if you did not go to Washington D.C, would you want to go now? And if you did go, what was your favorite part and what more would you have wanted to see?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post Shivani and yes I would love to go to Washington D.C. during the break but my parents wouldn't let me. I would like to visit 3 places. The first one is the tomb of the unknown soldiers where the two presidents were buried. The Second place was the White House. I would love to see what the white house looked like from the inside and what the people do in the White House. The last place is the Capitol Building because I would like to see what people do in the Capitol Building and again nice post Shivani!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the Washington D.C. trip. It was very exciting to be away from home for a week. My favorite part was the Tomb of Unknown Soldiers because I was one of the students who got to put the wreath on the tomb. I would have really liked to see inside of he White House. It was a wonderful experience!

Anonymous said...

I've already gone to Washington DC when I was small. I remember going to the Lincoln Memorial but thats all I remember because I was to small to remember.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would like to go to Washington D.C, but $2,000 is a lot of money plus for outdoor school we need $280. But responding to your post, I would love to do all those exciting things with you. I think your post is great!!!!! I would give it a 4+.

Anonymous said...

Awesome post Shivani! I did not go to Washington D.C. I would like to visit the White House. I would really want to see the inside of the White House because I have never seen the inside of the White House. I would also like to visit the Smithsonian Museum and see the Tomb of the Unknown soldiers. I want to see which two presidents are buried in the Arlington Cemetery. Sounds like you had a great time in Washington D.C, Shivani!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to go to Washington D.C. but my parents wouldn't let me. They said it costs to much and you get to go in 8th grade. I would like to tour the White House and see all the memorials. I would also like to go see the Smithsonian Museum. The last place I would like to see is the Capitol Building. I hope I'll get to go in 8th grade but thats still so far away!

Anonymous said...

I have already been to Washington, D.C. before. I don't know which part in Washington D.C. was my favorite part because I went there when I was really small. I still remeber some of the places like the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, and the White House. I would like to go to the Smithsonian Museum, the Tomb of Unknown, and the Army Memorial. Nice post Shivani!!!

Anonymous said...

Well the post you posted Shivani was awesome.
I would love to visit the tomb of unknown soldiers. Visiting the White House and the Capitol building will be also great. Sounds like everyone had an awesome time there, but I couldn't go since my parents and me decided to visit Hawaii. Well I will just have to wait until eighth grade and go just like Wesley said. Wonderful post you posted Shivani.

Anonymous said...

During the April break I did go to Washington D.C. My favorite part was the Arlington National Cemetery. Honoring soldiers who fought in many wars. Our school got to lay wreaths on the tomb of unknowns. During that day, we got to see the changing of the guards. In Arlington, we also saw the tomb of John F. Kennedy. Arlington had a special tomb for them called the eternal flame. There is a flame that burns from above John F. Kennedy's grave. Washington D.C was the best trip ever with my best friends!

Anonymous said...

Nice post Shivani. I did not go because it was expensive, but I totally wish I could. I'm not sure if there is anything specific I want to see but there sure a lot I want to see. I'm sure all the fourth graders and the fifth graders that didn't go last year will still have a similar feeling at the Sacremento trip and hope to see the governer.